“Interior areas poorly maintained.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Richfield
Fredericksburg
“Interior areas poorly maintained.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Positives: check in was smooth and clerk was very polite. No obstacles. Room was clean. Has old TV set, furniture had wear.

Negatives: Having stayed in many Super 8 facilities, I know that it is possible to keep the hotel up in an appealing manner. Outside was fairly well cared for, but interior hallways were in need of painting and repair. There was a cleaning cloth with what I hope was red paint in the elevator. The carpets haven't been cleaned recently, which suggested to me that the room carpets were not cared for regularly either.

Most Super 8s feature the Do it yourself waffle grill for breakfast. This one did not. The waffles were from a package, not kept at an appropriate temperature and no serving tongs were provided. I observed others handing the food in a manner so as to allow contamination. Food borne illnesses need to be taken seriously and maintaining a basically hygienic self-serve breakfast area is not very difficult. I would suggest that the staff would be willing to keep the place in a clean state if properly trained and supported. Other Super 8 locations are admirably clean and comfortable. Perhaps management here could get some coaching in leading such efforts.

Room Tip: Bring slippers. I can't say that the room was particularly noisy. Overall it was quiet. The elev...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dipak S, Manager at Super 8 Richfield Area, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
I am sorry about you had problem.thank you for staying

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Westland, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Where to begin....I had already reserved and paid for the room on their website. I noticed a sign on their front desk that stated they would not offer refunds if you had been in the room longer than 10min. To be safe, after I got my key I went to check the room. It was not what I had reserved and already paid for. When I went back to the front desk, the GM was there. I travel frequently and I have NEVER encountered an employee, let along the GM of an establishment, so rude and unwilling to fix the situtation. I was just told that they dont have those rooms avaiable (again, even though I already PAID FOR THAT ROOM) and pretty much just blown off. The hall ways were very dirty, and the room didnt get much better. There were chips on the bedspread!!! The A/C unit made it difficult to sleep since it was constantly rattling and very loud. The website showed photos of the waiting room, and breakfast area. Appeared small on the photo, but looked clean, well attended etc. When I came down in the morning, I was the only person in the small waiting area, and didnt even get a "hello", "good morning," or any kind of acknowledgement from the person sitting at the front desk. I saw a bag of ego waffles in a drawer, some room temp milk, empty coffee pot, no creamer, etc. A small contential breakfast is fine, but at least have it stocked and put together with some care. I guess I shouldve read the other reviews before I booked this room. Lesson learned for next time I stay somewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dipak S, General Manager at Super 8 Richfield Area, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I am sorry for you had problem.
Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We always stay here on our way to Iowa and have never had a bad experience. I've read some of the reviews and really feel for those that have had poor experiences. So far we are good with this hotel. The staff have always treated us respectfully and the room was always clean. Perhaps, because we are a 'regular' they treat us better, but I hope that is not the case and they treat everyone well.

Room Tip: Good value for a stop over.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Run down but not dirty. Got a good rate for the month that we were their. Now, after reviewing my CC statement I find that they charged more than the rate that I negotiated. Will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Stayed in a large suite room 318. Not bad as it is double the size of a regular room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dipak S, Manager at Super 8 Richfield Area, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
May be dog or cat fee per week $10.00

Been to Super 8 Richfield Area? Share your experiences!