“Average -- high Ohio taxes ; avoid” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2449 Brice Road, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Reynoldsburg
St. Louis USA
“Average -- high Ohio taxes ; avoid”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Nothing really stands out about this stay.

Everything in the room worked ok. There is no coffee maker. The wireless worked fine. Some paint was peeling and about to drop off of the ceiling. There was some annoying noise that sounded like a running motor somewhere behind the walls ( not an a/c unit ).

The mattress feels like a boxspring, perhaps a tad softer. If you are a hard sleeper who doesn't turn much in the night, you will wake up sore as I did.

NOTE: This motel will tack on a fee for the safe of 1.50. If you don't use the safe, you can have this removed upon checkout. BUT you have to ask for it.

NOTE 2: This is not the fault of the motel, rather the greedy local goverments. The hotel tax rates here are murder -- 17%. I suggest not staying in this part of Ohio.

I would consider this motel only if you don't have other options -- and just avoid Ohio in general because apparently Ohio government thinks its ok to bilk travelers with high taxes.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Gaithersburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The furniture is not new, but everything is clean and comfortable for an excellent price. The bedspread has burn holes from cigarettes but it has been laundered and there is no smoky smell. Perhaps this bedspread is in this room because it is a pet-friendly room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
thank you for your response. Please e mail me at i0033@redroof.com, I would like to remove the bedspread from that room. I appreciate you letting u know about it! Thanks again! Cris Hansen - GM
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We arrived at Red Roof about 10pm to find out that there had been an accident and the electricity was out for the area. The surrounding hotels were in the dark but RR was running off its generator, Our room had lights and they asked us to not run the AC if possible till the power came back on. I know the staff was under stress from upset customers and people from neighboring darkened hotels trying to get rooms, they still remained pleasant and helpful.Within 2 hours the power was back on for RR. The other hotels were still in the dark. For the most part the room was very clean, the bed linen was crisp and clean as were the towels and washcloths.
Okay for the down side: the carpet was past the point of a good scrubbing, it really needs to be replaced! Our firs night {Fri} was very quiet but the following night the back rooms were full of rowdy young people roaming the parking lots and walkways. I spent most of the night watching our car. My biggest issue was the TV. It is a older tube set that is very heavy. Having a toddler with us the first thing he went to is the TV. We were scared to death that it was going to fall on him. It was bolted into the dresser but was very loose.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
thank you for your response. We appreciate all feedback and I will share this with the rest of the staff. Please stop and see us again when you are in the area!
Garland, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Cherelle was Great a the Front Desk! The Hotel was clean, Limited T.V. Channels, No Flat Screen!Internet was decent! The Staff there seemed to be helpful! For the area probably the Best Rate! Overall not bad!! Here working in the area!

Room Tip: If Cherelle is there you will be happy! She tries everyway to help you with Rate if there is Rooms...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thankyou for your great response! I will share this with Sharella! If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.
Port Angeles, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were traveling to visit family and booked a stay at the Red Roof Inn, Reynoldsburg, OH. Neither my wife nor I are smokers and have little tolerance for the smell of tobacco. The first room we were issued was advertised as a Non-Smoking. But upon opening the door it was VERY apparent someone had been smoking in that room. A trip back to the front desk and the manager took me to a much larger room and went with me to ensure it was not smelling of tobacco. It smelled fine and we took this room. Later we found that an electric outlet would not hold our plugs to charge our toothbrush and shavers.

A trip to the front desk and the manager told me he would see to that. It was repaired within minutes.

The room was clean but the other parts of the facility left a little to be desired. Quiet stay and the staff was always ready to help.

Looks like they are remodeling so it will be better later.

Room Tip: Inspect the room asap and ensure you get what you are paying for.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your honest feedback and we will continue to work hard at making the guest experience a "positive one". Next time your in town, please visit us again!
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed two nights in a two double bed handicap accessible room. The room was clean and appropriate. The only thing we found wrong with the room was the A/C compressor wouldn't automatically turn on when it was needed. You had to turn the dial all the way back and then slowly turn it back to cold to get the compressor to kick in. It kicked off just fine though. It also was very loud. The roll in shower was nice. The beds were a bit old and a bit uncomfortable. I had problems with the WIFI staying connected. Tried to call down to the office to request a wake up call and it rang and rang and rang and no one ever picked up. I set the alarm on my phone instead. There was a problem with a bees nest at one of the stairways that made the stairs unable to be used without being stung. Went to checkout and get my .40 off coupon for gas that red roof reward members get. I was informed red roof decided May 1st to give a free bottle of water to reward members every morning in the place of the coupon. Not too thrilled about that. The coffee was so cold my sugar and creamer wouldn't dissolve. I asked for my receipt when I checked out and got about 3 hours away and discovered I was given the receipt for another room which even included their address! I think we will probably stay else where when we come back next time. It's really sad because I believe the property has the makings to be a very nice hotel if some more employees were hired and a few things were changed. They appeared to be very short staffed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate knowing if there is anything wrong during your stay. I am so very sorry you did not get your coupon, the program ended 4/30/2013. I will look in to the room you stayed in to make sure verything is addressed. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention
Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Initial impression was OK for a budget hotel. Desk clerk was very nice and accommodated us to provide a room in a quiet location. Arrived early evening, quickly dropped bags off and headed out for a movie and late dinner. Too bad we didn't take a closer look at the room or for that matter read more reviews for this hotel. While after a close look at the linens to ensure cleanliness, the beds were comfortable but for the rest of the room, one word...DISGUSTING. Had to wipe down the small table as there were food and drink stains on it. Also had to clean and disinfect the toilet as there were dried urine stains on the toilet and the carpet was stained and filthy. Not sure when they last cleaned or even vacuumed as large clumps of hair were found near the bed.

If we weren't so tired and had not been so late by the time we returned to the room, we would have gone to another Motel. Do not stay here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Good Morning:
Thank you for your response, As we spoke of on Sunday, we do not accept a room being in the condition that you ttold me it was in. I take pride in inspecting every room on the property and we did not meet standards for that room. Since we did not charge you for your stay, I am hoping you will give us another opportunity in the future..

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg? Share your experiences!