“Red Roof Inn Reynoldsburg, OH” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2449 Brice Road, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Reynoldsburg
Port Angeles, Washington
“Red Roof Inn Reynoldsburg, OH”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were traveling to visit family and booked a stay at the Red Roof Inn, Reynoldsburg, OH. Neither my wife nor I are smokers and have little tolerance for the smell of tobacco. The first room we were issued was advertised as a Non-Smoking. But upon opening the door it was VERY apparent someone had been smoking in that room. A trip back to the front desk and the manager took me to a much larger room and went with me to ensure it was not smelling of tobacco. It smelled fine and we took this room. Later we found that an electric outlet would not hold our plugs to charge our toothbrush and shavers.

A trip to the front desk and the manager told me he would see to that. It was repaired within minutes.

The room was clean but the other parts of the facility left a little to be desired. Quiet stay and the staff was always ready to help.

Looks like they are remodeling so it will be better later.

Room Tip: Inspect the room asap and ensure you get what you are paying for.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your honest feedback and we will continue to work hard at making the guest experience a "positive one". Next time your in town, please visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed two nights in a two double bed handicap accessible room. The room was clean and appropriate. The only thing we found wrong with the room was the A/C compressor wouldn't automatically turn on when it was needed. You had to turn the dial all the way back and then slowly turn it back to cold to get the compressor to kick in. It kicked off just fine though. It also was very loud. The roll in shower was nice. The beds were a bit old and a bit uncomfortable. I had problems with the WIFI staying connected. Tried to call down to the office to request a wake up call and it rang and rang and rang and no one ever picked up. I set the alarm on my phone instead. There was a problem with a bees nest at one of the stairways that made the stairs unable to be used without being stung. Went to checkout and get my .40 off coupon for gas that red roof reward members get. I was informed red roof decided May 1st to give a free bottle of water to reward members every morning in the place of the coupon. Not too thrilled about that. The coffee was so cold my sugar and creamer wouldn't dissolve. I asked for my receipt when I checked out and got about 3 hours away and discovered I was given the receipt for another room which even included their address! I think we will probably stay else where when we come back next time. It's really sad because I believe the property has the makings to be a very nice hotel if some more employees were hired and a few things were changed. They appeared to be very short staffed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate knowing if there is anything wrong during your stay. I am so very sorry you did not get your coupon, the program ended 4/30/2013. I will look in to the room you stayed in to make sure verything is addressed. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention
Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Initial impression was OK for a budget hotel. Desk clerk was very nice and accommodated us to provide a room in a quiet location. Arrived early evening, quickly dropped bags off and headed out for a movie and late dinner. Too bad we didn't take a closer look at the room or for that matter read more reviews for this hotel. While after a close look at the linens to ensure cleanliness, the beds were comfortable but for the rest of the room, one word...DISGUSTING. Had to wipe down the small table as there were food and drink stains on it. Also had to clean and disinfect the toilet as there were dried urine stains on the toilet and the carpet was stained and filthy. Not sure when they last cleaned or even vacuumed as large clumps of hair were found near the bed.

If we weren't so tired and had not been so late by the time we returned to the room, we would have gone to another Motel. Do not stay here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Good Morning:
Thank you for your response, As we spoke of on Sunday, we do not accept a room being in the condition that you ttold me it was in. I take pride in inspecting every room on the property and we did not meet standards for that room. Since we did not charge you for your stay, I am hoping you will give us another opportunity in the future..
Overland Park, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at this location the night of 2/27/13. As we arrived, there were 2 clues I wish I had paid attention to. First, we immediately noticed the door to one of the rooms had significant paint peel. But the others looked fine, so we went on in. The desk clerk was disheveled - shirt very wrinkled and hanging out. His greeting was very business like - no welcoming or friendly manner about it. The office area he was in was messy and had dirty, warn carpet. Why we did not run, I do not know.

Then to our room. It was so jammed with furniture, we actually thought about setting some outside the door. But it was a rainy night. Not that the rain could have made one of the chairs any worse. The fabric had giant, gross stains. I wouldn't even put my suitcase on it much less sit on it. The carpet was not thoroughly vacuumed - lint, etc. in the corners. I suspect the cleaning people cannot navigate the vacuum with all of the furniture. And the bathroom floor had a dirty appearance. It probably was just the dirty look vinyl takes on as it ages.

It was late, we were tired and we were getting up early to move on, so we stayed. Lesson learned. We did leave similar comments on the card provided at the Red Roof. Perhaps someone will pay attention?

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am so very sorry we were not able to provide you with the guest experience that you should expect from Red Roof Inn. Please call me at ext 402 and let me know what room were in so I can fix it for our next guest and if you are back in the area anytime soon, please let me know if we could have another chance at taking care of your stay.
IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I didn't know this beforehand - it's one of those walk-up hotels. All the room doors face outside. To get to the second floor, you take outside stairs as well. The front desk is locked and you conduct your transactions from behind glass. For one night, I could have dealt with this as it was already late and dark. If you don't have time to read this, let me summarize and tell you to GO TO THE LAQUINTA INN.

I got a room - which would not open with the key I was given. I go back for another room. When I opened the 2nd door, there were soda bottles, empty food bags, and unmade beds. Clearly not a clean room. I call the desk clerk and ask him to come see what he gave me - I wasn't lugging my stuff back down. He shows up and is apologetic and puts me in another room. This room had a dirty towel on the floor in front of it which the clerk didn't bother picking up. I thought it was all over and I could just sleep. I go to the sink to wash my hands and see black specks on the sink and a CLEAR stain that looked like coffee. I wet a face towel and just wiped it off. When I went to sit on the bed, I pulled the covers back and saw a hair. OK. I tried the 2nd bed and found black specks right under the covers.

SO DONE. I called the LaQuinta I saw across the street and they told me they had a room. I went and gave the clerk my key and left. La Quinta was CLEAN. It wasn't fancy, but well kept. I'm currently washing everything that touched any surface in Red Roof. Maybe those specks were ash...but I'm not taking the chance. I've stayed at hotels at Red Roof's price point, but not at an actual Red Roof. It was disgusting.

Room Tip: Just go to LaQuinta (especially ladies)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Wow! I am really sorry about how bad we did.. We try very hard to make the guest "experience" an enjoyable one and we did a very poor job here. If you could call me at 614-864-3683 ext 402 - I would like to hear more about this, and I would like to do somthing to make up for your poor experience here.
Batavia, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is definitely a budget hotel, but still on the OK side.

The property definitely needs a good update and large cleaning. The carpets are pretty dingy and stained a bit, paint peeling off doors and objects, molding coming up off the bottom of the walls, old air conditioning units and beds that must be at least 3-4 years old (very flat, noisy and not so comfortable). By my last night I noticed a few ants in the bathroom and alerted hotel staff who did nothing, both when I noticed them and upon checkout, they didn't seem to care.

The location is next to a highway as usual, in a average to poor neighbourhood. The sounds of gangsters rolling up in cars outfitted with the latest in bass producing subwoofers pretty much drowns out the possibility of sleep when they roll up at 12-1 in the morning.

Also, don't expect to get fast reliable wi-fi here...it's worse than other hotels of the same chain.

The plus sides of this hotel are, however:

* Hot water all day every day! VERY hot water.
* Comfy linens
* A table and two chairs in the hotel room, for eating (with or without someone), or working and watching TV. You don't see that very often. The chairs were a bit dirty, though.
* A safe in each room makes security of valuables a bit better.

Someone mentioned the vending location to be a bit of a problem. This is absolutely true. The vending machines are located up front right next to the office. If you wish for ice in poor weather conditions its a bit of a chore and such to get there if you're on the wrong end of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about our inn. We are always looking for any type of feedback from our guest. Please call me the next time your in town and maybe we could get another chance to make your stay enjoyable!
Lake Forest, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stay at different Red Roof Hotels when traveling. We stayed in a Suite at this hotel.The room was Clean, Modern and Comfortable. The Staff was top notch and very friendly. Prices were very reasonable. Will be staying here again when driving thru this area again.
Thank You! See you soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CrisHansen, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words! I will be sure to share this with our entire staff! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg? Share your experiences!