“Not as good as our last trip. But not bad.” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Columbus Airport Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2447 Brice Rd, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068-3455   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Reynoldsburg
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
“Not as good as our last trip. But not bad.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

We stayed in this location in March and were really impressed. For what we paid, we thought it was a bargain. And then we booked again for this past weekend, and while it wasn't horrible, it didn't seem like the bargain it did last trip.

We came in around 12 am and got our key - same very cheerful, very nice lady from last time. She got me the key and my "building map" quickly and we noticed that we were in a part of the hotel that I didn't see any cars parked at last time. I was hoping that perhaps it was newly renovated, but it wasn't. We had a room on the long straightaway on the 2nd floor, near door F. The carpet, walls and general feeling in this building is pretty worn. I can't say unclean, but it definitely didn't feel clean either. Our room seemed actually better at first than the last one - it was definitely much bigger, and this one had curtains that closed, so we went right to bed and didn't wake up until our wake up call. Then I met the bathroom, the reason why this hotel lost a star this round. The tub was covered in some kind of black stickyness on the bottom. I think it was an old sticky mat that had been pulled up, but to be on the same side, I threw a towel on the bottom of the tub while I showered. And then I noticed the very mildewy shower curtain. And then I realized that the slight smell that I noticed when we walked in the night before was mildew. As someone who is extremely allergic to mold & mildew, that's a problem. So we packed up pretty quickly, and when we went out, the front desk person was missing, and decided we'd deal with it when we got back.

The next night, we went up to our room to pack up our stuff and check with the front desk about changing rooms, and then thought it might be a big hassle and decided we should just go to bed. And then we heard the yapping dog two doors down. Yes, many LaQuintas are pet friendly. I live in a pet friendly apartment complex, so occasional barking doesn't bother me. But when your pet yaps for 15 minutes on end, there is a problem. As it was 11 pm, either the owner was asleep and deaf, or he/she was not back for the evening. The girl at the front desk tried to get the person to answer their phone (and they would not), so she automatically offered to move us into another room. I think that the pet owner should have to move, not me, but oh well. What are you going to do at 11 pm? So we moved down to the part of the hotel we stayed in last time, back near door B (room 118 this time). Room was smaller, but the bathroom was much cleaner. There was a pretty racuous room across the way, but we turned the fan on the A/C and didn't really notice.

We actually got a better rate this time - $49/night. So I would recommend this place, if you can get on the better side of the complex (anywhere near doors A & B look fine). They are very friendly, and I'm sure they'd move you if you ask if you get a bad room, but I just hate moving rooms.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

Our first impression of the La Quinta Inn was fantastic. The lobby was clean and inviting, the staff person was friendly and knowledgable, and our room was perfect. A few minutes after we entered our room, the phone rang and it was the front desk calling to make sure everything was to our liking. I was impressed!! The room was clean, well lit, the bed was comfy, the bathroom was very nice, and very clean towels.

The only complaint I had was that you could hear the showers of the adjoining rooms like you were the one in the shower. I was awakened around 5am when someone turned on their shower (and I'm a very heavy sleeper) ... It was very loud. But that wouldn't be something to keep me from returning. Although we didn't partake in the complimentary breakfast, it looked very good and wasn't just pasties and coffee.

I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2008

Hotel is a typical Laqunta Inn, good value, very clean, excellent attentive staff. Located just off the freeway, near many places to eat and a fairly large shopping mall. Original type Laquinta, large style with a square courtyard. only negative thing was a 'dead zone' for my cell phone (AT&T) inside---worked fine outside.

• Liked — continental breakfast, much better than most
  • Disliked — cell phone dead inside (AT&T) worked fine outside
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

I booked the hotel randomly site-unseen, and I noticed now that Expedia ranks this hotel low on reviews. I haven't seen the continental b'fast yet, but for $53 (AAA price) for a king bed, the room is clean and very comfortable. The TV works just fine, and the tub/shower and toilet are very clean - as is the sink and tile area. For a one night's stay, it's a very nice place - and they allow pets without surcharge. Many restaurants all around to choose from. It's a nicely furnished room. The bathroom itself is a little small - toilet close to the door - but again, for $53, it's clean and comfortable, and nicer than some comparable places I've seen. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Not entirely posh
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2008

The stay here was ok, except for the fact I couldn't wash my hair, due to not having a shampoo sample in the room. Very tight parking in the back of the hotel. Got woke up in the morning from the garbage truck dumping the trash dumpster. This was not all that close to the airport. But the room was comfortable & a good deal!

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — not having shampoo to wash my hair!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

I usually stay at Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn but I decided to try this hotel based on the comments here on tripadvisor. I am glad I did. For the price ($62) you can not beat this hotel. It is an older hotel but the room was very clean. The king bed was comfortable and the bathroom large with sink seperate from shower and toliet. The room also had a large 36" tv and a nice desk and chair right as you walk in the room. The wireless service was excellent and fast. I would not hesitate to stay at this LaQuinta again. I have stayed at LaQuinta hotels 3 times in the past several years, once in Denver CO, once in Knoxville TN and now at this location and I must say each time it has been a very good experence.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Eugene, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

I flew into Columbus Airport late at night and rather than make an hour drive to a place I have never been I opted to look for lodging. My brother & I found La Quinta and the price was right.

Now I was not blown away with the accommodations. The door to the room took a little muscle to close, the showerhead put out 12gpm (not very efficient) and the television emitted a high pitched whine when it warmed up. I also saw a hair on the sheets that wasn't mine.

The pluses were there were no bed bugs, the room was quiet so I slept good and the food was passable.

All in all, I would recommend the hotel for a decent night's sleep. Settling in for a week's stay? Probably not.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Thinking it was not very clean
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to La Quinta Inn Columbus Airport Area? Share your experiences!