“Decent value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Reynoldsburg
Denver
“Decent value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

There is nothing about this place that sticks out, but then there is nothing that would make me hesitate to stay here again. It is just simply a basic mid-scale hotel, clean, and alright for a single night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Largo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was a 1week stay to visit grandkids. the staff was awesome. Maid service was supper also. had a great time at the zoo Columbus zoo is the best ok back to the room shower was so great wife wanted to take it home corner room was really quiet

Room Tip: always first floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sierra Vista, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We are not frequent hotel users now that we are retired but we have used La Quinta several times at different locations. The reviews were decent for this hotel so we chose it to visit with family for a couple days. We were disappointed for the following reasons (1) hall carpets were stained (2) foul odor in stairwells (3) some desk clerks did not speak distinctly (4) the breakfast area and breakfast items were not monitored. The desk clerk was the one who replaced food items when someone told them about it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington Court House
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We choose this Inn because of great reviews. We pull into the parking lot and there are several "undesirable" males walking thru the lot as well as in and out of the building. Made my husband and I very nervous. We were greeted right away and asked for a room change to a first floor room, being how the facility does not have elevators. The request was granted, however our "new" room was next to the outside door where other guests were going in and out all night slamming the outside door which we could hear with every slam. Showers were GREAT!!!! The best part of the stay in fact was the showers. We laid our room key on the table inside the door when we entered. When I returned to the room from breakfast the key would not work. It had been "demagnatized". How did his happen? It laid on the table in the room. I could not get back in the oom because the key failed to work. My husband was in the shower so he could not hear me knocking. I had just walked a long distance to breakfast so I did not want to walk back to check on the key. And when we finally did check on it the clerck asked for ID which would have been locked in the room.
Breakfast if you want to call it that, did not even have bread for toast, only bagels. Limited varity of those. Coffee was not worthy of being called coffee.
OK for a short overnight stay but glad to be out of there.

Room Tip: Not 159 too close to outside door and very far from front desk/ breakfast area
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night bc they were pet friendly. Our room was supposed to be smoke free but stunk of smoke. The window did not lock, but we were on the second floor so we didn't make a big fuss about that. The room was not cleaned properly. Pretty sure we witnessed drug dealing in the back parking lot. When I addresses my issues to the front desk they could have cared less. Will never stay there again! I'm not even high maintenance, just expect clean!

• Stayed June 2013
Philippi, West Virginia, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

If you're looking for a hotel with a friendly, helpful staff, then this is the place for you. This is an older property and doesn't have a lot of the perks you may be used to at other La Quintas (fridge, microwave, upgraded amenities), but it is fairly clean and has a nice private pool. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, which earns points with me. The hotel location was in an urban location but the room was quiet. The room layout is a little awkward, but I think that's because it was built for another hotel chain. I wouldn't stay here again, but I didn't have a bad stay. I just know I can do better.

Room Tip: First floor carpets see a lot of construction boot traffic. If you want to walk the hallways barefo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Northville, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

A portion of my disappointment was based on my not thoroughly reviewing the LaQuinta webiste. I specified a hotel with an airport courtesy van. I did not notice that this hotel was listed as an "alternative" to my requested services. I was due to arrive into CMH by air at 8pm. Due to weather issued my arrival ended up being approx. 11:30pm. Upon arrival, I called the hotel and was advised that a hotel shuttle diod not exist and that a cab ride would be necessary. A bit less than 15 minutes brought me to the hotel door...$37.50!! The yoiung lady at the front desk was very pleasant and sympathetic to my issue which made a long day a bit easier to take. This was the end of nice. The hotel is dated, faded, stained and askew. Walking down the hall to the assigned room, blinds on windows were crooked and twisted. Upon opne the door, the temperature was uncomfortable and stuffy. The desk chair was stained and poorly constructed. Carpet was old and worn. The room seemed clean, at least to my late night satisfaction. I checked out in the morning at 9:10am, just missing the 9;00am breakfast cut-off. Could I have one of the packaged donuts that were being put away? No....breakfast was done at 9am. Taxi to the airport...$28. must have been a different route "going to" than "coming from". My hotel folio shows this hotel as being at the airport. Hardly.

Room Tip: Stay away! I was looking for an alternative for trips into Columbus. This is not it!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Columbus Airport Area? Share your experiences!