“Bad service, overcooked food, dirty” 1 of 5 stars

2045 Brice Rd, Reynoldsburg, OH 43123
614-864-7888
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Genji Japanese Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 91 Restaurants in Reynoldsburg
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-70
Port Townsend, Washington
“Bad service, overcooked food, dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The restaurant is dingy, a little dirty around the edges, and bathrooms were filthy. The waiters act like you are bothering them when taking orders. They were inattentive -- for instance, we ordered white rice with our meals and it showed up when we were done with the rest of our food. We asked several times and there were waiters literally leaning against the walls talking but they couldn't be bothered getting our food. The chef at our table put the shrimp on the grill at the same time as the rest of the food and left it on there for over 10 minutes; they were so overcooked and dry they were inedible. Just an overall horrible experience for high dollar ($100 for 4 people, just water/tea for drinks).

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
“BEST EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Order Steak & shrimp !! and pour lots of yumyum sauce on it !

Visited July 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“fav. japanese steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This place will always be my favorite. I tend to compare all others to this one. Maybe because it was my first experience with this type of restaurant back when there were not many of them that keeps me coming back every now again..and no one has the yum yum sauce down as they do.

Columbus, Ohio
“Not a good experience and will not go back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

As many good quality, clean Japanese restaurants as there are in this area, I am not interested in revisiting this one again. The floor was dirty, and there was a strong odor of grease permeating the place. The chicken and seafood tasted as it had been frozen a long time. The yum yum sauce is highly fattening, a mayo and chili sauce mixture, and does not bring out the flavor of the food, but merely covers it up. Customer service was lacking, as well.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Somerset, Ohio
“Not authentic, Americanized Japanese food gets a low rating.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Yum Yum sauce is NOT Japanese. It is American. I was enraged to learn that the very thing that draws people to this is that god-awful sauce. Go ahead and serve it, but do not cook your food with butter and serve yum yum sauce and call it Japanese. My mother in law is turning over in her grave. What's wrong with the palates of people in Ohio? I figure if we boycott fake Chinese, Japanese and other foods that become Americanized, we can preserve the last shred of dignity the real food has in this country. I'm sorry, I just could not stomach my rice drenched in butter with a fake show for a bunch of fools at the table believing it was "Japanese".