“Great vacation spot” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Put in Bay
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“Great vacation spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had a great time. Put in bay is so much fun with friends and family. It's nice that it very close to Cleveland. It kind of reminds me a bit of florida which I go also to yearly. I enjoy going there and can't wait to go back next summer. There is so much to do and I still haven't done it all so I can't wait to be able to go back and see more on the fun island of put in bay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bay L, Public Relations Manager at Bay Lodging Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Suzy B,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that the Bay Lodging Resort could provide you with a friendly, clean, relaxing and comfortable stay during your trip to Put-in-Bay, Ohio. When we close for the season, many employees and management go to Florida for the winter, so we bring back some of that sunshine each year. We look forward to your return and welcoming you again!

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
North Ridgeville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The room i stayed in was clean and up to date. The staff were friendly and happy to help. The pool was super clean. Nice bar outside also. It only took 5 min. to walk downtown. You can get a gulf cart at the front desk if you like. There is a store close by also. Next time I will take my family for a weekend. I will go back next summer!! Thanks guys

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Islanderpb,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that the Bay Lodging Resort could provide you with a friendly, clean, relaxing and comfortable stay during your trip to Put-in-Bay, Ohio. The golf cart rentals at the front desk make it convenient for our guests to get around the island. We look forward to your return and welcoming you again!

Elyria, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a whim. We didn't know what to expect and we were pleasantly impressed. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and it was within walking distance to all of the attractions on the island. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BarbMarc,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that the Bay Lodging Resort could provide you with a friendly, clean, relaxing and comfortable stay during your trip to Put-in-Bay, Ohio. Our location makes it easy to get to the downtown restaurants and bars, as well as to the entertainment areas by the putt-putt, caves, and winery. We look forward to your return and welcoming you again!

Toledo, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I made a reservation here only after looking at the prices online and then calling to check that they were accurate. I allowed the person who confirmed the prices to book the room for me 16 days before the intended stay and she promised to send a confirmation via e-mail. A week passed and when I inquired about the confirmation, the price had nearly doubled which was unacceptable to me so I said I would cancel. I was told I could not cancel because it was within the 15 day limit even though they acknowledged that they had not sent an e-mail as promised. Instead I got a constant harangue that they do not change prices and that they cannot give me "special consideration" to cancel even though they did not make me aware that they were going to charge much more than what I was told on the phone. Beware of these con artists! Now I will have to work through my credit card company to keep these thieves from collecting on their crooked business practices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mike F,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that your reservation experience was less than desired. When reserving over the phone, your deposit is immediately charged, which is 50% of your total stay. When you check in, the remaining balance is due. We are sorry if you thought the deposit was actually the total room cost. Our rates are publicly displayed on our website 24/7 for guests to check prior to making reservations. We look forward to earning your business again in the future!

Dawsonville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Not a bad little hotel. My wife and I went with a friend and went out by the pool for a bit. Actually seemed kind of slow when we were there but fun none the less. Can't wait to go back. We did have some trouble with the golf cart folks and ended up walking back to the hotel from the park area...it wasn't a bad walk BUT a little bit upsetting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kevster64,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that the Bay Lodging Resort could provide you with a friendly, clean, relaxing and comfortable stay during your trip to Put-in-Bay, Ohio. Your comments regarding the golf carts have been passed along to the company that we lease them from. We look forward to your return and welcoming you again!

North Hills, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This was a comfortable clean room, 2 queen beds-our back hurt the next morning-not very comfortable, small, but good enough to sleep in for 3 of us. Nice AC. Great wifi connection! Rent a golf cart for sure-thats' part of the fun of this trip! Murphy was a wonderful resource and very helpful. He even helped us carry our luggage up to our room across from the main office. We had a blast having drinks at the lil tiki bar, but don't expect much, there was a shortage of ice-it was doled out sparingly, although drinks were cheaper than any other place we went. Make sure you go to Hooligans-see my review. Oh and we were right above the little outside area where there were some picnic tables and we were at the mercy of the "partiers" playing beer pong until about 2 or 3am-that sucks, so if you want quiet, this is not the pace for you, go for a B&B. Thats' probably what we'd do next time :)

Room Tip: pic a room away from the tiki bar, pool and picnic tables in the middle of the rooms at the lower le...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just returned from our first trip to Put-in-Bay. The island is fun but the Bay Lodge Resort is a joke. We rented golf carts from them and while we were at a sister hotel our carts were given to other renters. They did not feel the need to apologize and basically told us to walk home. The room was dirty. The carpet turned our feet and socks black from walking on it. The lady at the desk explained that they "don't have roaches, they are beetle". For a thousand dollars a night I expected much better. This place is not where you want to stay.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Bay Lodging Resort? Share your experiences!