“September weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Put in Bay
Parma, Ohio
“September weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed at the Bay lodging resort a few weekends ago, Sept 21-23. The room was nice, the beds were soft, no major smells or nastyness like I've read in some other hotel reviews. the only complaint I would have is that the TV did have a big greasy smaear on it. ....like someone used Crisco to clean it. .....might want to look into that. We were on the 1st floor, just down from the front desk, and we heard no noise late at night whatsoever from people coming in from bars.
It is a few blocks away from the main drag, but thats ok, if you go to PIB, you should be prepared to walk most places anyway.
We're not some old couple, we're in our early 30s, so yeah we were part of the loud drunk scene too, but we still enjoy quiet when we're trying to sleep. Which we got. The 2 nights we stayed were a nice getaway, and we would stay there again. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I want to start by saying that Put n Bay doesnt have much to offer in room availabilty overall so the pickins are slim! The rooms themselves at the Bay Lodging House were nice, and clean. No complaints at all. The one thing that would have been nice was more information when we arrived about what the hotel offered. We did not know the pool and hot tub hours (either did the staff), information on golf carts and shuttle was not given to us and it would have been nice to get some info about the island events for the weekend. Our visit was good. And I would stay again if something else closer to downtown wasn't available. We were there for a family get away weekend and did have 1 small child with us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We just stayed at the Bay Lodge this Labor Day weekend for a bachlerette party. The place is nothing exciting, but it does serve it's purpose. It was roomy enough for the nine of us. The walk from the strip is not too bad. They do have a shuttle, which is convient when getting off the ferry with luggage, but you do have to pay for it. The main problem we had was with the floor. I got out of the shower and was getting ready for the evening, when my sister in law ran in and asked me to look at my feet. They were black. I just took a shower and I never step foot outside. All of our feet were black from the floor. My sister in law complained, but the front desk acted like she was crazy and said that our feet were black from the pavement. She offered to give us a golf cart for the evening, but we really didn't need it, so we got a free shuttle back to the ferry. Our stay wasn't terrible, but I would not stay there again. The place reminded me of a furnished townhouse apartment that you rent in college. There was no decorations and I did not feel like I was at a vacation resort. I did like the kitchen layout, though. It had a very long breakfast bar that was awesome for putting all our food on, because we had a lot. I would recomend that the lodge put in some bar stools. That was the area we hung out at the most and it would have been nice to sit. Not a major complaint, just a suggestion.

• Stayed September 2012
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My friends and I recently stayed at the Bay Lodge for one of our friends bachelorette Party. We have no problems what so ever. Had a great time. It was a few blocks off the main street so the noise at night downtown never bothered us, but it was close enough to walk so we still felt part of the night life. We had no problems. We would recommend this hotel.It was clean and the staff was more then friendly. Had a Greeat Weekend!!

Room Tip: Just remember Put in Bay on the weekends is crowded with college kids so if your going for a family...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

When we arrived at 1:30 we were happy that our room was ready, even though they would have held our luggage for us. The staff was very nice and seemed very efficient. Our room (with 2 queen beds) was not huge but was clean and fine for us. The tub fixture seemed to be pretty new. It was a little hike to downtown (maybe 6 blocks) but it was nice to be away from the bars. The Ohio State decorated indoor-outdoor pool was great.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main 2-story motel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gates Mills, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I payed 175 dollars for this room and when we checked in we found the sink drain to be pluged ,it was reported to the front desk who promised to fix the problem. Returned at 11 pm to find they left us a filthy plunger to take care of it our selfs , called the front desk who was nice to come up at midnight and spent half an hour trying to fix it with a cloth hanger...it was a bad night in a bad hotel who do not respect their customers or their reputation...stay away from it.

Room Tip: check the sink hole before you take the room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family recently stayed one night at the Bay Lodging House while they were offering a $99 special during the week. We usually make a couple trips each year for adult time and stay at the Island Club with friends but this time we took our 10 yr old son. I personally would not take a child to PIB on the weekend. The cost is definitely higher and the partying is not family friendly. Check in and check out were smooth. Staff was friendly enough. The room itself was small, but clean, which is most important to me. We did visit the pool area, which was small but had a nice Ohio State theme. The hot tub seemed kind of nasty but the pool itself was clean. Breakfast in the morning was minimal, but enough to get you started. Overall I would recommend for a short stay on the Island.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bay Lodging Resort? Share your experiences!