“I love this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BayShore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Put in Bay
BayShore Resort
328 Toledo Ave., PO Box 597, Put in Bay, OH 43456   |
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Put in Bay
Zanesville, Ohio
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

The Bayshore Resort is the best place to stay on the island!!! It's enough out of downtown to be quite, yet close enough to get to the activities in Put-In-Bay. My wife and I have stayed at the Bayshore every year for our anniversary since it opened. The staff are wonderful. The Resort is great. Love the on-site restaurant. Tiki Bar is the best!!!

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

We just returned home from our stay and I am not sure why there were so many neative reviews...No this is not a 5-star hotel but it is was very nice for our short get-a-way. The view of the lake and pool is fabulous. We had a standard room, which was just an ordinary room but satisfied our needs. Beds were a little hard for my liking, but my husband who likes a firmer bed was pleased. The bathroom is VERY large and clean with a great glass shower. We ate breakfast at the restaurant; service was a little slow and the food was just okay. There is no refrigerator, microwave or iron in the room but for the amount of time we were therre(2 nights) it was not a problem. The check-in was very quick and easy and the staff was very nice and accomodating. It was very easy and convienient to rent a golf-cart at the front desk although we could have gotten a better price elsewhere; The hotel is only about a 5 minute walk from downtown which is another plus. Close enough to all the activities but far enough away from the noise. We looked at some of the other hotels on the island and this seemed to to one of the nicest. My only complaint is that we wanted to stay an extra night but were told that they did not have availability. There is a policy about bring alcohol on the premises since they have a liquor license, but since we are not big drinkers this was not an issue for us. We purchased a bottle of wine at winery to bring home and did not have any problems at all. If you are just looking for a nice clean, comfortable hotel then ignore all the negative reviews...If you are looking for a upscale 5-star hotel than this is not the place for you. We are already making plans to go back next year.

Room Tip: In my opinion the 2nd and 3rd floor room are the nicest. They have a screened in balcony.
Birmingham, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I read the horrible stories some visitors wrote but that did not deter me from making reservations. I understand why they only want to book to Friday AND Saturday but I only needed Thursday and Friday night (which they would NOT do over the phone). Once I arrived they made an exception so I did not have to relocate. Very nice and accommodating. The first night the toilet did not work. We did not discover that until arriving back at the hotel very late at night. I went to the manager and she personally came to our room on the third floor and fixed it. She asked if I was satisfied and even offered to relocate us if I preferred. I was satisfied because my wife and I loved the view (best on the island). The food and service at the hotel's restaurant was OK but not great. We had breakfast only. The bartender at the tiki bar at the pool is outstanding. She is so kind and got us anything we wanted and delivered it with smile every time. This place is not cheap but worth it!

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

We have been coming to Put in Bay for 16 years and got married on the island 10 years ago this August! We've stayed at several different hotels on the island over the years, but the BayShore Resort is the ONLY place we've stayed since it opened! The location is great with beautiful lake Erie views and just a short walk to the downtown area. The property is well maintained and the rooms spacious and comfortable. The waterfront setting is fantastic, with a very nice restaurant, pools, hot tub and a thatched roof Tiki Bar that is great place to sit and have a cold drink any time of the day or evening. We really enjoyed sitting and talking with the owners, Greg and Pam Hughes one evening and told them how much we love staying there. They are very nice people, who have done a fantastic job making the BayShore a great place to stay!

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor with the screened in porches.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Neenah, Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

We went to Put In Bay for the first time and selected BayShore because of its location on the waterfront. At this time of year, their special pricing was favorable, however, the pool and restaurant were not opened (a lot of the Town wasn't operating neither). In reading some of these mixed reviews, we were not sure what to expect so we'd like to report back.

First, not sure how others define "Rude" but the front desk employees were very nice. Our room was large and clean and you couldn't beat the view. They have golf carts available for rental, but we ended up walking the short distance to their town and it was safe and not far at all. The first day the cart was included in their promotion for this time of year.

We would stay here again. We have traveled to many places and we have run into "rude" people and maybe the rude employees no longer work here. Then again, sometimes if people are demanding, etc, the great attitude and service may not be returned due to employees taking on a defensive attitude.....not sure.

Next time we'd like to come when the town is open along with BayShore's pool and restaurant. People in the city asked where we were staying and not one person made any bad remarks about BayShore. In fact they all said we were staying at one of the best places on their island. We were told the owner really screens the employees also.

We would recommend BayShore Resort. Plus, you have your own screened in porch to sit outside and enjoy the view of Lake Erie and the grounds. We think this was a great hotel!

Room Tip: go in May possibly or before Memorial Day
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

It's really the only newer, clean resort/hotel, well as close to eaither that's available on PIB. We've stayed 3 times. We NEVER had any rude service. We hate there for breakfast (also very expensive) and we drank at the Tiki Bar (prices were exceptable for island pricing).

We are late 40's and the older hotels with the young crowds do not attract us. We like a clean room and the location is perfect.

We traveled last time with 2 other couples. We all agreed that the hotel was nice but WAY over priced for you get. The rooms are clean but very adverage.

I'd assume we will stay there again only because I wouldn't stay in a old hotel with a loud crowd and we do like to spend at least 1 weekend on PIB in the Summer or Fall.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

This place is wonderful! I had booked a reservation for my family with the package they had a few weeks before then my friend had informed me of this website. I was skeptical after seeing some of the reviews of the hotel, but after staying I couldn’t believe how wonderful our stay was!
Don’t believe these bad reviews! Our hotel room was roomy for a standard room, with a beautiful view, clean room, very roomy bathroom, as well as nice pools/jacuzzi tub in the back area of the hotel. My kids spent most of the time in the pool area while my husband and I enjoyed then beautiful day by the lake. The staff was very friendly at the front desk, they helped us with directions around town, informed us about the different places to eat, as well as randomly chat with us.
This was a nice getaway that our family needed to take before the kids had to head back to school. I would recommend this hotel as a good place for a family to getaway.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to BayShore Resort? Share your experiences!