“Great vacation!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Put in Bay
Columbus, Ohio
“Great vacation!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Really had a great time at this establishment as always. I have been coming to the island for many years and always have an enjoyable time. I really do not understand some of the "reviews" that have been posted regarding Commodore Resort, have never encountered any of the posted negative comments. It is a party atmosphere, which if researched, you will see this.Some people do get a little out of hand,alcohol and heat do not always mix well. We will be staying again in the very near future!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed on a weekend, and the hotel was very loud with people coming and going constantly and yelling in the halls. We were next to the elevator which we could hear dinging all night long. The room itself was clean, but the beds could have used blankets- just a sheet and a bedspread and extra pillows-only two per bed. The pool was nice and resembles something out of spring break. This was definitely a hotel for the 21-25 crowd that was there to party. It is in a great location, central to everything. I have stayed there before during the weekend and it was much quieter.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Michelle M, Front Office Manager at Commodore Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for your response. We do agree that the weekends are very busy and loud. With us being right downtown, we are usually at full capacity from the first of June through Labor Day.
We do not put the blankets on the bed, but they are in the room to use as needed. We do supply extra pillows upon request. We agree, some weekends are much quieter, usually the first couple weeks in June and the last couple weeks of August. We do hope that we see you again. Please print off this response and receive 10% off your next stay with us.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I will start by saying that I travel with my profession and have stayed in hundreds of hotels. This by far, IS THE MOST DISGUSTING PROPERTY I've ever stayed at, not to mention the staff (including management) is completely rude and ignorant. I've never encountered such horrible guest service (which was non-existent) in my life. These people truly should not be in their current positions, let alone run a hotel. They actually make you feel as though, you are 'bothering them' when you approach them at the 'Front Desk'. The worst part is, is seeing the actual incompetent responses from 'management' on this site that take ZERO responsibility for their awful hotel & staff. They should be MORE embarrassed by their OWN responses than the TERRIBLE reviews they get online. If their hotel was so 'great', don't you think they would be inviting these people back that had a horrible experience? Regardless - you could not PAY ME to stay here again. The owner of this hotel including the people responding to these posts: ARE A COMPLETE EMBARRASSMENT TO HOSPITALITY PROFESSIONALS AROUND THE WORLD.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Commodore for 3 nights with 14 of my girlfriends. We were pretty much just looking forward to a weekend of drinking, which is exactly what we got. We had a blast, and staying at the Commodore was exactly what we expected it to be. It's definitely not a 4 or 5 star hotel, and the prices are a bit high, but when you consider that during the summer all of the hotels on the island are pretty much at capacity, the high demand warrants the high prices. The hotel is in a great location near a lot of bars and restaurants and literally steps from 2 pools with swim up bars (so much fun). I would say the location is the greatest benefit to this hotel. I would recommend this hotel for groups of friends, but not for families or couples looking to have a quiet relaxing vacation. The staff was very helpful, and for all of the comments complaining that the elevators are mislabeled, I was intoxicated for the greater half of the weekend and I was able to get to my room just fine. Note: you will leave the island smelling like Subway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Michelle M, Front Office Manager at Commodore Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We very much appreciate your review, thank you. We are extremely happy that you and your guests had a blast staying at our establishment. We also appreciate your honest opinion regarding us not being a family(child) friendly establishment during the peak summer months. We do not like to turn people away but we do like to stress this point. We want everyone to have a great vacation and not leave unhappy. We are right downtown where all the action is so it is not the quietest of places. As for the Subway smell....welcome to our world...LOL! But it is a great late night snack when needed! We look forward to a future visit from you. Print off this response and bring it with you and receive 10% off your next nights stay!
Toledo, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our stay at the commodore hotel was wonderful the staff was great, the room was clean and the overall environment was excellent we are gong to stay here again, oh yea we can't forget the swim up at the mist pool great!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great comments! We are so happy that you had an enjoyable time at our establishment. We look forward to your return trip. Print off this response and bring with you for a 10% discount off your future nights stay!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Front entrance in an alley near smelly dumpsters. "Front" lobby simply a front desk and a subway counter. Elevator labeling for floor numbers are mislabeled. Seems to me that is a terrible safety hazard waiting to happen.
Carpeting in hallways stained and dirty. Shower curtain smells of mildew. Broken TV remote - with noticeable rattling inside. When brought to the attention of the woman at the front desk, she told me it was probably just the batteries. Thanks, but don't insult my intelligence on top of the major disappointment of overpaying for a room. They charge 100% of the room charge upon booking. I see why now.
On top of everything, after I left, they ran an extra charge of $100.00 to my card. I am in the process of attempting to get an answer from them and my refund. Will report back on how that goes.....

• Stayed July 2014
First let me start by saying, thank you for your input. I will try very hard to address each one of the concerns that you listed. The dumpsters you mentioned, they are not on our property and are maintained by another establishment so we do not have control over them. It is an ongoing issue we have. Yes we do have a Subway in our hotel lobby which is a wonderful amenity for our hotel guests. I don't really know how to respond to "simply a front desk" in the lobby, I don't know what else you would need for a check in procedure. As for the "mislabeled" elevator numbers, had you asked the reason, there would have been explanation given to you which you more than likely would have understood. No safety hazard regarding this matter.
As for the mention of the carpet in the hallway, and the shower curtain all I can say is that we do our best on a daily basis to keep things as clean and tidy as possible for as busy as we are. We do not believe that it was the intention of the front desk clerk to insult your intelligence regarding the remote for your TV, We believe it was a valid answer due to it usually being a "battery" issue; a lot of people tend to "borrow" the batteries from them on a regular basis. If one happens to be missing, it would have rattled.
As for the "over priced" room, we are the lowest priced on the island, weekday and weekend rates. Whether you book with us in person or on line, the first nights stay is ALWAYS paid on a credit card...since you were a one night stay, the 100% was taken at the time of making your reservation.
As for the additional $100.00 charge, we do not randomly charge any room extra charges unless it is warranted. In this case, after your check out, our housekeeping manager was informed of the smell of smoke in the room, which was a non smoking room. Once it was looked into and evidence found in the room, as in ashes and a cigarette butt found in the bathroom trash receptacle, an incidental charge was added. Per your signed registration card, there is a $100.00 charge for smoking in a non smoking room.
I hope that I have addressed all of the concerns that were brought to our attention. Again, thank you for your time.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hands down ...best resort on the island!
From the pool to the staff your in store for a great time! Check in was smooth-thanks to Nicole;)
This resort is def for people looking to have a loud (drunken) time! Its a party atmosphere! In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with that! We stayed in the newer section and were very pleased :) we also had the opportunity to also enjoy the cabana one day. Do yourself a favor and stay at this resort!

P.s. subway is open until 3a.m.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Michelle M, Front Office Manager at Commodore Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We are so glad to hear that your stay was a memorable one and you would love to stay with us again. We appreciate your review. Thank you for the nice comment about Nicole, she is a great asset to our hotel along with all our staff. Please print this response and bring with you for a future visit and receive 10% off your stay, valid Sun. through Thurs. upon availability. Thank you

Been to Commodore Resort? Share your experiences!