“Always start my afternoon here.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fostoria, Ohio, United States
13 attraction reviews
“Always start my afternoon here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great wine at a good price. If you are new to wine drinking or don't have a clue what you would like I would suggest to take the wine tour were you will learn about different taste of there many wines and it also comes with a free glass of wine at the end so you can try the one you think you will like. The staff are friendly and always ready to help. They have a great outdoor setting for wine drinking and offer cheese plates for a good price. The only con is they are kind of out of the way a little so I would suggest you start your drinking day here and work your way downtown so if you get a little tipsy you can park your cart and walk.

Visited August 2012

Cincinnati, OH
9 attraction reviews
“Definite wine lovers stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I love to visit wineries, breweries, and distilleries, so making the stop was a no brainer. Our only concern was that the wine would be dominated by concord and catawba varieties. Fortunately PIB winery makes dry and semi-dry wines as well. We enjoyed our tasting flight in one of the gazebos outside. Very relaxed setting. The tasting room could easily achieve chaos level, but we managed to avoid it.

Visited October 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best Winery on the Island!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you want to go to a winery, GO TO PUT IN BAY WINERY!!! Beware of Hineman's. Worst experience ever. We stopped at Hineman's first because we heard it was "the place to go". Not so much. We walked in there, they were rude and ignorant & I pd $2 for a dixie cup of wine. We immediately went to Put in Bay Winery and what a difference! So glad we did. Staff was helpful, friendly and amazing to us! They have awesome wine (try the Celebration!!) and I actually was served wine in a real wine glass!! Too bad it was raining because we had to stay inside but it was still lovely. You have to also try the Chocolate wine! Great great great!

Visited September 2012
Great Lakes
17 attraction reviews
“Definitely worth a stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

From the wonderful harbor view to the ambiance of a Victorian home this is definitely worth a stop. The staff is excellent and very friendly - you'll feel like an old friend from the minute you walk in the door. Definitely try the pizza- it's beyond wonderful! Best pizza on the island. While the wines are not made on the premises they have made sure that their custom blending presents an excellent taste and experience. Not to be missed!

Visited August 2012
Nashport, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
“Yummy wine and a great location on the island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Wine was great, little on the expensive side but it was worth it. Try the 6 sampler before purchasing bottles-you choose 6 different wines to drink for a low price. I am a self proclaimed chocolate-holic but stay away from the chocolate wine because it was GROSS!! I loved the white wines!! The yellow house the winery is located at is quaint and it sits close to the water, so it had a great view of the sunset and the island..I enjoyed sitting on the front porch and ppl watch and sipping wine!