“really nice experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Shanghai, China
“really nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We enjoyed this spot very much. The view was fantastic, overlooking the water and docks. We sat inside and found it very lovely. The service and staff was friendly and very efficient. The food was tasty, and the pricing seemed fair and equal to what we might expect from a place like this. We would have liked to make reservations, but they did not take them for a party of just 5. We'd love to come again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Food was good but expect to spend money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Came here for lunch during a weekend visit. Had to try the famous Lobster Bisque. It WAS good. I wouldn't say life changing but good. Ended up spending 70 bucks for two beers, two sandwiches, and two bowls of bisque, so that was a little more than I expected. Usually if I spend that much I want to be a little more blown away but what can you do? Got the Lobster Roll and the BF got a Yellowfin Tuna Sandwich. No complaints about the food, it was good, just not crazy good. I would be happier with this place if the prices weren't so high. It was hard to find anything under $15 and most things were over $20, so be prepared. The view can't be beat though, you almost feel like you are in a giant fancy yacht on the water. We wanted to sit outside but they were full, so you might have to wait if you have your heart set on a patio seat. Next time, I would just go to the ground floor where they have a food court kinda thing and just order some lobster bisque there.

• Visited June 2014
Marblehead, Ohio
“Good service, good food, but a bit pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We went for lunch on a Saturday. We had a very pleasant and most helpful waitress. It was her first weekend back for the new season, so I forgave her a couple of small gaffs. I ordered the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese. It was tasty, but 1. It was more of a Lobster Alfredo due to it's consistency and composition. 2. It was pricey for the serving size. The lobster was there, but ground up fine. I expected it to have some chunks. I suspect due to the color and consistency they make it with their Lobster Bisque. The other five people in my party said the food was good also, but pricey. I realize they are on island in with a limited season, but still think the prices were a bit steep.

• Visited May 2014
“Arrival lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Lunch on the bay, what can you say? This is a great place for seafood and the best of wines/cocktails. Impeccable service with great wine and food. We were ready for the weekend. This is a very reputable establishment. You'll never go wrong with a meal here.

Visited May 2014
Buffalo, New York, United States
“Didn't live up to the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Not a fan. We might have built this place up in our mind after the long drive (there were billboards every couple miles as you near the island). We knew we had to try the shrimp bisque since they bill it as "the best in Ohio". The shrimp bisque was just ok. The flavor could have used a bit more seasoning but still overall decent. The redeeming quality was the chunks of shrimp (most places will puree it to death so you don't know what you are eating). The downside for me was the consistency. It was uber thick. I understand it's a bisque and not a soup but this was thick as paste. I also tried the maji maji sandwich and was also a bit dissapointed. It was a bit greasy/soggy and my bun was falling apart due to that (and due to being a very thin bun). It was a very busy day and I do have to give our server props...she did a fabulous job despite the craziness of Memorial Day weekend. The restaurant itself was very loud and crowded so we were eager to eat and leave. While there we did enjoy the fabulous water view that they have.

• Visited May 2014