1. Very clean. This park is still relatively new, so I'm not surprised.
2. All of the staff was very friendly, despite the fact that they probably had to repeat the same spiel for eight hours straight.
3. The tube slides were awesome! Most of them allow for two-person tubes, too, which is definitely a plus for families or couples. Our favorites were the bowl slides. Don't be intimidated by the larger slides; they look scarier than they feel. The Big Boa Falls is by far the fastest and most rollercoaster-like of all the slides (it'll make your stomach drop).
4. The lazy river and wave pool were great. However, if you are very prone to motion sickness, you should be careful in the wave pool because it will make you nauseous.
1. The locker system is stupid. It costs $8 for an all-day locker (pretty standard at amusement parks, nowadays), but the worst part about it was that they just give you a paper wrist band that eventually snaps off near the end of the day (because we're in a water park--paper isn't going to survive). You have to ask an attendant to open and close your locker for you, which was a minor annoyance, but a key code system like they use at Soak City at Cedar Point would have been much more efficient.
2. I dislike the body slides because they are painful against your back, but that's generally the same wherever you go.
3. No tubes allowed in the wave pool.
4. Smaller than Kings Island/Soak City. Food is not quite as expensive, though.
TICKET TIPS: I had student discount tickets from OSU, but I know that students (middle/high school, college) can get $10 off on Mondays during the summer, although you need to show your ID and grade card. Buying tickets online doesn't really save you money because of the online transaction fees. Also, you can't buy tickets JUST for Zoombezi Bay; admission to the zoo is also included (which is probably why it is around $30). If you want to go to Zoombezi Bay, plan on making it an all-day affair and visit the zoo before you go to the water park.
If you own or manage Zoombezi Bay, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.