“Alright...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1723 E. Perry St., Port Clinton, OH 43452 (Formerly Comfort Inn Port Clinton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Port Clinton
Maumee, Ohio
“Alright...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2007

My husband and I stayed one night for a quick sick of winter getaway. I was very learly because of the reviews, and it was certainly not the best place I had ever stayed but it was okay.

We had what I think was the only room with a little deck of it's own and yes! a fantastic view! It was not all that clean though and people had taken the chairs from our deck to sit on the larger deck by the pool area.

We had a nice enough time, but I would have to say that for it being March and still very much winter the price was a bit much for what we got, maybe in the warmer weather it would be more worth the price.

• Liked — The view!
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2006

This delapitated property needs to be gutted and re-made-completely! Bedding worn out; towels paper thin;lights that do not work; "LakeView" room has a 2 1/2 ft X 3 ft window that shows a partial shoreline of Lake Erie; not only do the rooms smell, the halls do too; burn marks on furniture; jaccuzi tub worn and not very clean; water faucets don't adjust temp properly; heat/AC unit only produced COLD air and the knobs just spun around; the pool is NOT heated and is ICE cold; they charge for a room safe even if you don't use it; it's horribly expensive for a worn Comfort Inn ( at $179.00 per night plus tax and safe fee).Front desk staff was snotty.

I think that because they have a great captive audience in this area with limited hotel chain hotels they capita;ize on it and simply don't care. They know they will get the price asked. The deck is very nice and the view is spectacular from the deck. However, there are no wonderful amenities on the deck, just a deck and some worn chairs. No towel service, no pool bar, no patio tables and umbrellas. Try the newer hotel across the draw bridge. About the same type as a comfort inn yet newer and cleanerand lower priced. Stayed there last year. Put-in Bay warning- They WILL and DO check your bags for alcohol being taken into your room.

Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

Our stay at the Comfort in started out great we arrived at the Hotel, had great check in. Our resorvations were for 2 nights.
We cancelled the second night. On the website where we made our resorvation we reserved a King jaccuzzi suite with a 2 person
pull out sofabed. The pull out sofa bed was only for one person and smelled like mildew. I went to the front desk to let them know and was informed they had no 2 person pull out beds and they gave me a bottle of Frebreeze for the smell and said they would take 10% off the room. Had it not been so late we would have left.
The room view was great. Big deck looking out over Lake Erie.
The pool was clean but very small. I looks like the picture but half the size.
The room it self needed some TLC. Tiles by the Jaccuzzi were missing Screws were coming out of the wall to keep the wall up by the Jaccuzzi tub. Light above the Jaccuzzi did not work and was rusty.
The lobby of the hotel was nice and clean. Breakfast was great.
Upon check out they new nothing of the 10% off and the girl checking me out was rude.
Not worth the money.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — Sofa bed not being what was told on reservations
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2006

My husband and I just got back from our trip to Port Clinton. We had a nice stay in one of the jacuzzi rooms with the lake view. We were pretty happy with the room over all. The staff were all friendly and helpful. They even offer a free shuttle service to the Jet Express to get you on Put-in-Bay. That came real handy since parking is expensive on top of the price of the jet express. The continental breakfast was nice. There was a lot to choose from, from dry cereal to making your own waffle. They could improve the quality of towels and sheets, both were very hard and scratchy! Would stay there again for the views alone.

• Stayed June 2006
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2006

I couldn't believe the other reviews I read for this hotel. If I'd read these before my trip, I would never have stayed there and that would have been a shame. The view was excellent from the deck though there were a few cob webs on the furniture, and the entire stay was peaceful and quiet. I asked for a room on the ground floor as close to the pool as possible and ended up with a partial lake view. The staff were helpful, and the room was clean. One part of the carpet was damp for reasons unknown, and the entire city had a water advisory mid-way through our stay but that wasn't the hotel's fault. No bugs or disgusting smells or stains in our room. It was a basic double bed room. I contacted this hotel after spending the night in a hotel nearby and being so disappointed there that I canceled the rest of my stay. The front desk guy helped me immediately and the cost was surprisingly low for such short notice and no reservation (this was in early June 2005). I would definitely stay here again. I've stayed in several hotels, and this was one of the most pleasureable ones to visit.

• Stayed June 2005
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2005

This Comfort Inn is unlike many I have stayed in. The only thing saving it was the view from the deck. The deck itself was full of spider webs, dirt, mold and mildew. The furniture was old and tired. The room was OK, but I saw no value in having a jacuzzi tub in the middle of the room. The sheets didn't fit well, but this seems to be a problem in many motels. All and all, I would not recommend this hotel. However, with some effort it could improve greatly.

Stayed August 2005
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2005

I have stayed at this hotel many times. The rooms are spacious and clean , although as mentioned below, no fridge or microwave. The rooms have comfortable beds and clean linens. The staff are friendly and helpful.

The deck and pool are gorgeous. They offer a beautiful view of the lake. So far as I can tell this is the only lakeview pool in the area.

• Stayed July 2004

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!