“Dead flies are the least of it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1723 E. Perry St., Port Clinton, OH 43452 (Formerly Comfort Inn Port Clinton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Port Clinton
Warren, Michigan
“Dead flies are the least of it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Booked a first floor room with roll-in shower over phone for three day get away. Rates were good, location perfect. The room not only had a standard tub, but the 'only' one they had left was on the second floor with no elevator. Complaint process ended with manager yelling on the phone and saying that if I wanted an accomadated room I should have stayed somewhere else.
They have no ADA accomadated room according to manager, dont be mislead. Dead flies from last summer on dirty window sills, filthy worn carpets. Left without staying an hour. And to top it off, they charged my card for three nights. Pictures and deck look good, but in reality they are a mess and havent been cared for in years.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else, this place run by indifferent and hostile people. The property is very run d...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is rude. The service from the manager is horrible. Beware there is a 48 hour cancelation policy. Even if you call 47 hours before you will be charged . Better off at best western across the street. Customer service is not to be desired.

• Stayed March 2013
Shelby, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

For the past 2 winters we have stayed a night in this hotel in February. We had a king room, very clean and comfortable. it has a tub for 2, fridge, microwave, wifi, tv. And the hot breakfast was good too. The front desk provided excellent service. A bargain for about $60. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Two double beds I a room with no refrigerator. The window had a hole in it large enough to see through. The bathroom could use some work, scape the moldy caulk off and replace with some mold proof stuff. We just needed a place to sleep and shower, and we got that for $60.

• Stayed December 2012
Marysville, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

It's off season so the pickings in the Port Clinton area are slim. The hotel is full of lower echelon construction workers/laborers from some unknown project. This is never a good thing. They come blowing back in at night, loud as possible, slamming doors, standing in the halls yakking on their cell phones, yelling down the hallways, and up until all hours of the night in their rooms laughing, talking loudly, etc. Compounding all this is there does not seem to be any sound insulation between rooms....you can plainly hear every word.
Then there is the TV situation..new flatscreens...but....due to some problem with the system, you only get 7 channels and 2 of them are religion.
Linens were nice, room was very clean, bathroom spotless, nice toiletries, hosekeeping does a great job (and I saw one of the rooms where the workers were staying....TRASHED...so they have their work cut out for them).
If you can sleep through anything and/or are stone deaf, and have an aversion to television this might be the perfect place for you.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

My buddy and I were in the Port Clinton area to go fishing, and thought that this Comfort Inn would be a good choice. While I have stated in earlier reviews that some hotel chains are predictable as to what you can expect, i.e. Hampton Inns, some are not, and this hotel is a very good example. The staff here was very nice and courteous, and the Manager was very helpful with answering questions about potential fishing spots, but I was put off by the lack of cleanliness in our room, the lack of an elevator necessitating lugging all of our luggage up to our room, no refrigerator and to top it all off, the room was way over priced. I would not return to this hotel, and I would recommend, if possible, that you take a peek at the room before paying the bill, making sure that you ask for a room on the first floor.

• Stayed September 2012
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

After driving 10hrs & arriving at 2:10.a.m. upon opening my deluxe lake front room...I am greeted by a extra large hooked claw spider traveling across the ceiling...I notified the front desk for help....I was told "Well I can give you a fly swatter to kill him with"...So I killed him....The next day when it was light out, I saw hundreds of dead fruit flies laying all over the window ledges/window runners/and carpet floor.,I found a 6-inch centipede on the window screen...3-spider sacks in the folds of the window drapes....My socks were picking up dead bugs from the dirty dusty carpet.....The water drain smelled like sulfur from the quarry....The wet bar sink tap had black sticky build -up....I had to clean the room myself...My trip was for 2-weeks long....I had to go to Wal-mart to buy Raid....The giant hermit crab spiders were entering the room thru the Rotten,.Wet hole under the air unit by the window....Spiders were coming out from behind the picture frame behind bed.....That room had not been cleaned for a very,very long time for there to be hermit crab spider nests in the drapes....The hallway on floor -2 had webs and nests by the windows...And the screens were bent on some of them....I had to clean the air vent from the heater unit...I was completley black with soot that caused me to cough and sneeze....I was more concerned about my baby Robo in the room, I was traveling alone....I was watching T.V. & the air unit cover opend by itself....Then out comes a spider.....Oh Yea! Lovely!.....I touched the drape handle to close the curtain...And out comes another spider for me to kill....The Windows in the room After I used Windex were not foggy anymore....Then I could see the webs & pinchers of the spiders real good....At night I saw one coming down on his web-line over the top of my bed......All it took was a housekeeper to clean the best she could before I arrived and my vacation in the room with the lake view would have not been a waste of my money...And a little "Shop of Horrors"

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!