“POSIONOUS SPIDERS IN AIR COND/HEATER UNIT” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1723 E. Perry St., Port Clinton, OH 43452 (Formerly Comfort Inn Port Clinton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 19 hotels in Port Clinton
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
“POSIONOUS SPIDERS IN AIR COND/HEATER UNIT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

After driving 10hrs & arriving at 2:10.a.m. upon opening my deluxe lake front room...I am greeted by a extra large hooked claw spider traveling across the ceiling...I notified the front desk for help....I was told "Well I can give you a fly swatter to kill him with"...So I killed him....The next day when it was light out, I saw hundreds of dead fruit flies laying all over the window ledges/window runners/and carpet floor.,I found a 6-inch centipede on the window screen...3-spider sacks in the folds of the window drapes....My socks were picking up dead bugs from the dirty dusty carpet.....The water drain smelled like sulfur from the quarry....The wet bar sink tap had black sticky build -up....I had to clean the room myself...My trip was for 2-weeks long....I had to go to Wal-mart to buy Raid....The giant hermit crab spiders were entering the room thru the Rotten,.Wet hole under the air unit by the window....Spiders were coming out from behind the picture frame behind bed.....That room had not been cleaned for a very,very long time for there to be hermit crab spider nests in the drapes....The hallway on floor -2 had webs and nests by the windows...And the screens were bent on some of them....I had to clean the air vent from the heater unit...I was completley black with soot that caused me to cough and sneeze....I was more concerned about my baby Robo in the room, I was traveling alone....I was watching T.V. & the air unit cover opend by itself....Then out comes a spider.....Oh Yea! Lovely!.....I touched the drape handle to close the curtain...And out comes another spider for me to kill....The Windows in the room After I used Windex were not foggy anymore....Then I could see the webs & pinchers of the spiders real good....At night I saw one coming down on his web-line over the top of my bed......All it took was a housekeeper to clean the best she could before I arrived and my vacation in the room with the lake view would have not been a waste of my money...And a little "Shop of Horrors"

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cabot, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Upgraded our room to lakeside ($200 nightly) which was just a window to look out of. You had to sit on the bed to look out. The window was completely covered with huge spiders and webs---so we saw nothing. We could not open the windows because of them. Bought bug spray but there was way to many of them. Every window in the entire hotel was completely covered with webs and huge spiders. No joke---every window! These spiders were the size of quarters! Two floors and they can't clean this! It was beyond terrible. The lamp shades were very stained and dirty. Bed was comfy, pillows nice. The pull out cot was terrible to sleep on. My daughter complained the whole time. Employees all were nice. Breakfast was fair. Extremely watered down orange juice one day---undrinkable. No bedbugs noticed. I would rate this fair if it wasn't for the spider poulation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was the worst Comfort Inn that I have ever stayed in. It is supposed to be the top of their line, but this one fell far short. It is run down and dirty. The lake view includes a nuclear power station. Loved that...can only imagine what is in the water. Bedding is old and uncomfortable. Towels were poor quality. Overall a very bad hotel for the money. One positive--the lady taking care of the breakfast was very nice and welcoming. Would never stay here again.

Room Tip: None at this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Marion, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

[iminent=txCsqcgUWfOB] very nice for the price we were very happy with it. hot tub and bath room were sperated from the main room with a shower curten we didn't mind that at all it was GREAT....[iminent=txCsqcgUWfOB]

Room Tip: spend an extera $30 for a lake frount room its worth it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My son and I stop here on a drive back from Wisconsin to NYC. We wanted to visit the peninsula. This place is the typical Comfort Inn establishment, not too modern, but efficiently run. We slept well and staff at breakfast and at the reception were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Our non smoking room stunk of cigarette smoke and was outdated. We checked out shortly after checking in and the staff were understanding and helpful with our request. We did not want the kids smelling the smoke. Would not advise non smokers to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012
impactgal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We just stayed one night because it was close to Put-in-Bay. There was an earwig crawling in the room in the tub. There was a spider in the corner and the room was stiffling hot when we got there. I don't think the A/C in the room worked correctly. The Bed was fairly comfortable, but the TV was terribly blurry. it was $215 with tax for one night - not worth the $ paid.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!