“Montezuma's Revenge” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 70 Restaurants in Port Clinton
Port Clinton, OH
“Montezuma's Revenge”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Visited this restaurant "off-season" so sat inside. Not very clean looking and food was about the same. Would not return or recommend this place.

ohio
“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband ordered a wet taco salad and I had a chicken enchilada. Both were very good. My enchilada could be ordered wet or dry and I chose wet thinking it would have slasa on top of it, but it came with some kind of chicken gravy! Maybe authentic, but I prefer salsa. I scraped it off and replaced it with the salsa we were dipping our chips in and it was very good...

Visited June 2012
Port Clinton, Ohio
“Will Always Come Back For More!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was turned on to Mendoza about 30 yrs.ago by a friend. From the first bite I was hooked. I have NEVER had one problem with anything in that place. Service, food,drinks atmoshere,taste and price have exceeded my expectations always! I think it is the best authentic Mexican food in these parts. I don t understand all these problems in other reviews of this restaurant. The boss lady and her staff have always been great and attentive to me and my family,whether its dining in or carry out. They make the BEST hot sauce in these parts also! I do wish they would serve margaritas. Maybe there is a reason they don t but that doesn't t bother me that much.I enjoy the food so much I don t even think about a margarita.I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. Anyone complaining is just plain CRAZY!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Highlight was the fruit burrito”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Nothing fancy here, except for the dessert. The chimichanga was good -- not great, but good. No chili verde on the menu (a staple where I come from), but they did have two choices for salsa upon request -- medium and hot. (Medium was plenty spicy for me.) However, the fruit burrito with ice cream was something to come in for all by itself -- basically like a piece of fruit pie, but a generous size accompanied by a no less generous serving of vanilla ice cream. Wasn't sure I could finish it all. Server was new and, while eager to please, could have used some help in learning some of the fine points of her job. The atmosphere was not helped, in my opinion, by a DJ on premises playing anything but Mexican music (I do not believe the DJ is a regular, but it was Cinco de Mayo, for heaven's sake).

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Maumee, Ohio
“Won't be going back - Nice people but bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We'd read the reviews - it's 50/50 if Mendoza's was good. Restaurant.com was offering a $2 for $25 certificate (which Mendoza's didn't honor - apparently there was some confusion between them and restaurant.com - they did give us free dessert which was nice though). So for $2 we thought what the heck, we'll give it a shot. We thought wrong. The waitress and manager were nice, but the food was just awful. This had to be the shortest menu I've seen for a Mexican restaurant. We didn't even get chips and salsa with our meals. There were 5 of us: two meals came out at a time. So we had to sit and wait for everyone to get their meals. The chimichanga was so dry and wasn't worth the money. There was a weird brown gravy on top of the salads too. No one was terribly impressed with the meals. Perhaps the bar is fun in the summer? All and all, I can't say we'll go back.

• Visited March 2012