“Great Walleye!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Xenia, Ohio
“Great Walleye!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Food was great!! Hot foods Hot and Cold foods Cold!!! Great menu selection!!! All the food was fresh when received!!!

Visited August 2014

Fishers, Indiana
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stopped by here for a late night meal after a excursion to Put in Bay. The food was good (fresh seafood, breaded right there in front of you) and served fast. We had the fish sandwich and ???? (may have something to do with being at Put in Bay! LOL) The restaurant is kind of old looking, but clean.

Visited July 2014
“Relaxed, casual, fresh fish dining at reasonable cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband, our dog and I enjoyed a very nice dinner on the sheltered, outdoor patio of the Jolly Roger's Seafood Restaurant in Port Clinton on a Sunday night in early August. Not only is the restaurant pet-friendly on the patio, but the staff was extremely nice to our sweet pet, bringing him a bowl of cold water and not batting an eye when we ordered something for him off the children's menu. We were directed to Jolly Roger's by the very nice desk clerk at the Best Western across the street where we stayed overnight during a car trip. JRS is very casual: the customer orders and pays in advance at the cashier, and is then given a number to place on your table. When your order comes up, servers deliver the food to your table. Beverages are self-serve and there are free refills on all drinks (alcohol not served). A specialty of theirs is unsweetened, fresh-brewed "sun tea" which is dispensed hot from a fountain; the customer cools the tea with his own ice. My husband and I both had this and we really liked it. I went back for 2 refills. The drink goes especially well with any of the seafood dishes. The menu is rather small and choices aren't extravagant. Some of the dinners come with cole slaw and fried onion rings or waffle fries. Baked or mashed potatoes or rice isn't an option, and there are no choices in preparation. All fish entrees are battered and deep-fried, so customers don't go for health-eating preferences. Despite this drawback, our food was excellent. I had the walleye dinner with the waffle fries. The fish was mouth-watery and obviously fresh. The waffle fries were good. The cole slaw was so-so and I are only some of it. My husband had the walleye taco and was very happy with it. My dinner also came with a roll and butter, which was pretty good. The staff there is very nice and all the servers were lovely, warm, attentive people. They made us feel really welcome and cared about. Our whole dinner, which included the two entrees and beverages mentioned, plus a child's order of chicken tenders for our appreciative dog, came to roughly $23, which I call a real bargain for the quality, pleasant atmosphere and friendly service. The restaurant is one block from the beautiful Lake Erie waterfront, so an after-dinner (or lunch) stroll is easy and refreshing. If you're in Port Clinton and you want casual but tasty dining, and an opportunity to sample some fresh, local fish, that's easy on the wallet, it's the place to go. It's a bonus if you're traveling with the pooch and the weather is conducive to enjoy the patio, you can bring Fido along.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, Ohio
“Always...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Always always to stop when I come to port Clinton. I personally have always had fast fresh food. Very fresh. And I love their tarter sauce. They have huge hand made onion rings that are delicious. I have came here since I was perhaps I was born. And it's hardly changed. But always fresh...I am having a craving for some jolly Rogers!!! Ohhh yeah

Findlay, Ohio
“Super”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Great food and fast service. It was rush hour when we were there and still had fast, friendly service.

Visited July 2014