“When in Port Clinton, Don't Hesitate to Be Their Guest” 4 of 5 stars

OurGuest Inn & Suites Catawba Island
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2039 E. Harbor Rd., Catawba Island, Port Clinton, OH   |
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Port Clinton
Chicago
“When in Port Clinton, Don't Hesitate to Be Their Guest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

OUr Guest Inn is a small family operated hotel in Port Clinton, Oh and is perfectly located for visitors to the Lake Erie Islands/Put In Bay area as well as Camp Perry and the National Matches every summer. The property consists of the main building, housed is an attractive and comfortable country house setting with single, double and larger "jacuzzi" rooms, and a back annex. The back annex is a two story open air building with single and double rooms. There is no longer a restaurant on the property as unfortunately the restaurant which had been located next door and operated by yet another competent and friendly family was destroyed by fire. (Those same owners however are operating another eatery not far from the hotel which is well worth a visit-ask at the desk.) The hotel offers coupons for use in the off season which offer to the holder rooms at prices as low as thirty dollars nightly. The hotel also has another property a few miles from their main property which is operated seasonally and offers similar amenities and service. This is, I think, the best hotel for the money in the Port Clinton area and is always well worth a visit at any season of the year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building; a lake view is a plus.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

You have to go to this hotel without high expectations. It says fireplace with jacuzzi tub.. That's exactly what it is. A tub in the bedroom with a fake fireplace that you turn a switch for it to light up. No frills, bedding is not great at all,but clean. I loved the location right down from the jet express. There is plenty of shops and places to eat with in walking distance. It has a microwave and mini fridge with a coffee pot, which is great when your kicking back for a few days. I would stay here again mainly for the great location and its clean.

Room Tip: bottom floor has no view but the back of another building. There really isn't a room that has a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
North Ridgeville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Our church group has held our annual women's retreat there 5 years in a row. The sleeping room are large with a sitting area, coffee pot, mini fridge and microwave. Love it! I admit I was worried we might run across bed bugs since the media says this is a nationwide epidemic. No problem with that at all. The conference room is great for our presentations and crafting. The room off to the side worked as our "kitchen" for our meals. We were allowed to bring in our own food which kept costs in check. Staff was truly friendly and accommodating. Loved being right across from the lake and within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. Plan on going back as long as they'll have us.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The room was slightly outdated but very clean. The pool was clean also. It was in a great location just two blocks from the Jet Express. We will stay there again and recommend to all of our friends!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is my second time to stay here for an extended priod of time with great results both times. The staff from the front desk to housekeeping have been very friendly and accomidating. The rooms are sized well and comfortable. No back and neck pain from the beds and pillows. Located near shopping, food, and entertaiment. Would recommend staying here for your next trip to the area. Rooms are priced well for the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Fremont, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Our Guest in for two nights as a little get-away time and it was great! The room was very clean! We had the Jacuzzi room and it was perfect! I don’t normally write reviews but I had to because I almost canceled my trip before I went due to a review I read on this website but I decided if it was that bad we would just leave! So we went anyways and I am SO glad we did! The staff was great the room was nice and clean! I just wanted to get on and say what a wonderful experience we had and to say I will be sure to return!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We booked a "Hot Jacuzzi Nights" suite for our one year anniversary and I am glad we only drove an hour from Toledo because we walked into the room and walked right back to the front desk for a refund and went home! The room was disgusting! Urine was all over the toilet and the jets in the jacuzzi were black. The room looked nothing like the pictures they had on their website for the "Hot Jacuzzi Night" room. Very cramped. The room was in no way big enough for the crappy king size bed the shoved in there. Very dusty. We pulled up the website on our phone and showed them what we booked and they told us that was their "Emperor Room" in the pictures not the room that they book for the "Hot Jacuzzi Night". I can't imagine the "Emperor Room" is much better. The carpets in the room and in the hallway were all stained and the area we were in smelled like mildew. They need to be shut down and remodeled by someone who knows how the hotel business works. We booked this back in October and were very excited for a weekend getaway. The lady behind the desk was also very nasty. I can't remember her name off the top of my head but she basically told us that if we didn't like the room we should just leave. So we did. After she refunded the credit card. This was extremely disappointing and a waste of gas and time. DO NOT EVEN BOTHER WITH THIS CRAPPY PLACE!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to OurGuest Inn & Suites Catawba Island? Share your experiences!