“A wonderfully relaxing stay during business.” 5 of 5 stars

Welcome Birders
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Port Clinton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“A wonderfully relaxing stay during business.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I want to say that my stay here of 4 days 3 nights was absolutely great! The girls were very friendly and had no problem at all putting a smile on your face with a hello or a laugh! Thanks to a good friend who recommended me the stay, i will be sure to go back again and have passed on the good word of the hotel staff and the restaurants there. The beds were Amazingly Comfortable with pillows that actually rested your head and not ones that you had to pile up just to make one good one! I cant say enough about the hotel staff working there and want to say thank you to Peggy! I'm sorry in advance that i don't remember the names of the other 2 girls working there but i remember their faces and sure hope i get the same smile when i come back next time soon!

Thank you Ladies it was a wonderful stay and a Great room to!!

Marty

Room Tip: Ask for Peggy and tell her Marty sent you :) lol
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Peggy S, General Manager at The Island House Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Marty, Thank you so much for your review. I am glad you found the beds and pillows comfortable. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. You are welcome anytime! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. You were a joy to have around. I hope to see you soon.

Peggy Slauterbeck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Shelby, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I visited the Island House Hotel for our Valentines getaway. The hotel was very charming. Very clean! It is in the heart of Port Clinton. The staff was wonderful! There is a great continental breakfast that isn't advertised. We will definitely consider staying again. The Jet express dock is literally across the street, so this is the prime location for people interested in Put In Bay during the summer months!

Room Tip: They have a Queen Room that is very small, but newly remodeled. The price reflects the size of the r...
Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please do come stay with us again.

Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

What a wonderful hotel to have had the pleasure of staying at while visiting Camp Perry for my daughter's NJROTC Precision Rifle Teams CMP National Competition. From the moment we arrived we were greeted warmly by the Concierge. The rooms were very clean, warm and cozy. Overall the hotel was impeccable, quiet and made you feel as if you were home! During our stay, Peggy (the GM), and her staff were outstanding. What a great group of individuals, all of whom were so friendly, helpful and made each of us feel so welcomed. I cannot say enough about this place. My husband and I have stayed at some of the top hotels in the country, and I have to say that this is by far one of the most nicest, friendliest places we have stayed! We would definitely stay here again, if we are ever back in the area, and highly recommend it! There were seven of us in our group, 3 adults and & 4 teens and everyone of us were so very impressed with the staff and the establishment. The food from Rosie's Bar was delicious, and the staff there were so helpful and friendly as well! We found this establishment online and were not disappointed at all!! Thank you Peggy and your staff for making us feel welcomed and for all you did for us throughout our stay!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Lisa, I can not thank you enough for your kind comments. You and your group were such a pleasure to have here. I thoroughly enjoyed talking with you. We all enjoyed your stay with us. We were sorry to see you go. I am sorry I didn't get to personally say goodbye. I hope you will come stay with us again someday.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband an I were bowled over by this hotel. We came on an impromptu visit to Lake Erie (which the hotel is just a stones throw from) and for the Motel price we came prepared to be disappointed. What we weren't prepared for was the top notch cleanliness of the place, the boutique hotel feel and the incredibly courteous and engaging staff experience. Whilst walking through the lobby we were filled in by the staff of the previous famous occupants; Bogart, Marilyn Monroe, Al Capone and Joe DeMaggio, amongst others. We had such a fine time we decided to stay another night, but were unable to as the hotel was already fully booked up. we were the third couple looking to extend their stay and if that doesn't speak for the quality of this establishment then i don't know what does! If you are visiting Port Clinton this should be your first port of call for accommodation. Thank you Island House for an unforgettable experience!

Room Tip: We stayed in 2022 (i think!). Good sized Queen and a fantastically clean en suite. No view of the la...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our staff and hotel. We have high standards of cleanliness and I am glad to know they met your approval. I am glad that you enjoyed a little history while you were here as well. I am sorry you were not able to stay longer. Perhaps next time!

Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at the Island House on a trip from Cleveland to Detroit in early January (2014). The hotel is very nice and the staff (actually just one person) was exceptionally friendly. The rooms were well appointed and warm (it was 8 degrees) and the hotel was quiet (although we may have been the only ones in the hotel that evening). The restaurant adjacent to the hotel had excellent food (first time I had eaten "walleye") and the adjacent bar kept up entertained into the evening. Not much happening in the town this time of year but would consider visiting again in the summer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your first experience of eating walleye. Please do come visit us again.

Flat Rock, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

From the moments we arrived we were treated like the most important guest there. The staff was so accommodating and thoughtful. Rosie's bar was inviting as well as The 1812 Restaurant. The Bed was awesome, King size with the most comfortable mattress. I was comfy the whole time. The Concierge was very informative directing us to all the sites we wanted to see. Giving us recommendations for restaurants and telling us the local history. I will be back . I can't wait!

Room Tip: The King Suite. Roomy, comfy, and the view Beautiful. The front corner of the building.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

the island house was a little more than i expected, very nice place but formost was the quality of personnel that was very friendly, helpful and went out of their way for us and made us feel more like old friends, we were very pleased. room was clean and comfortable with very controllable heat and air , I plan on spending more time at this establishment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Island House Hotel? Share your experiences!