“Great place to stay near Lake Erie” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites

You added Country Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3760 East State Road, Port Clinton, OH 43452 (Formerly Port Clinton Islands' Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Port Clinton
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great place to stay near Lake Erie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We found the room clean but the carpet in the room is showing ware. Our room was very quiet, the pool was very warm but wall edges needed some attention. I used the exercise room and everything was working properly. Breakfast was excellent with different options each morning along with regular staples. The staff were very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
AUDRIANNA_ASH, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear ziggynettie,
I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Country Inn and Suites, Port Clinton. I agree with your review that the carpet needed steam cleaned badly, which was done as soon as possible this year after the busy season. The I am glad you enjoyed breakfast, and the pool. Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip through.

Angela Long

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mentor, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

If this is rated #2 of all the hotels in Port Clinton, I'd hate to see the other hotels there.
Carpet was stained; there was still a soggy coffee pod in the coffee maker; walls were paper thin could hear people above us at 3 a.m.The breakfast was fine and the staff was pleasant. But we stayed at another hotel in Saginaw for $30 less and it was much nicer. I don't think we'll be staying in Port Clinton again. Our room also had a weird smell like cigarette smoke.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear pmwsmw,
It seems your stay was not quite up to the standards that myself and the staff here strive for, and for that I would like to apologize. The carpets in every single room were recently deep cleaned, I do realize that they were soiled and that affected your stay with us. If you are in the area and require lodging, I do hope you would treat this as an isolated incident, and give us another shot.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Wonderful room and service. The breakfast was a pleasant surprise because it wasn't just bagels like other hotel chains. The swimming pool was clean and many towels were available on the spot. We got a great deal because we found a coupon in one of the travel books available at rest stops.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your fantastic review of your stay! I am glad you enjoyed all that our property has to offer, including complimentary full breakfast, indoor pool and more. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Escondido, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed the night with my family for a wedding. The hotel was clean and the pool was warm. The breakfast was fine as well.

Docked them a star because the front staff wasn't as helpful as I'd like in telling us about the area. They were very nice though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your stay with us here at Country Inn and Suites Port Clinton, I appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to post it. We are glad you enjoyed the indoor pool and the breakfast. Hope to see you again, on your next time in Port Clinton!

ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We decided to book rooms here after spending a day at Put In Bay. We checked into the hotel early (10 a.m., which was nice) dropped off our things and went down to the front desk. The front desk attendant was very nice and informative. He gave us all sorts of info on the area as well directions to the ferry with instructions, etc...We headed to PIB and got back to the hotel about 10 pm.... It was in a great location being right off the freeway and it was about 5 minutes from the ferry. If you plan to go to PIB and party, it's an excellent idea to get a room here and spend the night instead of driving home.

The hotel was very clean and comfortable and the rooms were airy and cheerful. The beds were comfortable enough for me and the bathroom was very clean.

We didn't use the pool or the exercise room but we did have breakfast and it was very good. It also included wifi which was free and there was ample desk space, which was helpful as my hubs had to do a bit of work. The room also included a mini fridge, coffee maker, etc....

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
AUDRIANNA_ASH, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear sueinohio,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at Country Inn and Suites, Port Clinton. You mentioned the early check in, and I am glad that worked out for you. We love early check ins, because we know our guests have tons of stuff they want do to, and the time to do it is sometimes short. If we have a room that is ready to put you in, we get you in early!
You also mentioned our front desk personnel, and you must have been speaking about either Mike or Matt. Both are wonderful, and are very knowledgable about the local area. I am glad that you enjoyed the room, and your husband was able to use the WIFI to get some work done (I think you can see him in the picture you posted, just working away at the desk)! We are looking forward to your next visit, and thanks again for the wonderful words about the hotel and the staff.

Columbus, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We made a quick stop at this hotel after a stay at Kalahari, before heading over to Kelleys Island. The hotel is right off of the freeway. It's a basic hotel, they have a pool and exercise room, although we didn't use either.
Our room was clean but had a weird smell. It reminded me of stale cigarette smoke, but the rooms were marked as non smoking. Also, we thought it was odd that there was not an elevator. We had kids and bags and it was a little awkward trying to get everything up to our room and back down after our stay.
However, the one thing that was Exceptional during our stay was the service at breakfast (waffles, French toast, sausage, donuts, hot/cold cereals, juices and milk). The breakfast ladies were so sweet and welcoming. I'd stay at this hotel again just to have breakfast with these ladies again!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear KendallsMom,
Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to review your stay with us here at Country Inn and Suites Port Clinton. I am glad you got to meet our Breakfast ladies, Sandy and Carol, they always make everyone feel at home and comfortable, even when they are juggling 100+ people on the weekends! I am sorry about the odor in your room when you arrived, but I am glad that our housekeeping staff rectified the situation when you got your room serviced. I hope that you had fun at Kelleys Isalnd, and also at Kalahari, and when you do come back, please request a first floor room, and we will do our best to accomodate your family. Thanks for staying with us,

General Manger
Centerville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We always stay @ Country Inn & Suites and was very satisfied with this one as well. The Bathroom was huge, I loved the local photography on the walls and the room was very clean. The bed was a little to firm for me, but it was only one night. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The lady that worked in the eating area in the morning was especially nice and chated with us and our children!
The only drawback was NO chocolate chip cookies, which we are use to (if you always stay @ Country Inn & Suites you know what I'm talking about)
Oh and the pool area was also very clean and our kids enjoyed it :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear pinksurvivormom,
Thank you so much for your stay with us here in Port Clinton last month, and for your loyalty to the Country Inn and Suites brand in general. I am glad you and your family got to meet our wonderful breakfast ladies, Sandy and Carol. Everybody absolutely LOVES the photography that the owner of the hotel chose for our renovations, as a matter of fact, I have guests all the time wanting to purchase it, so I refer them to the gallery it came from! I am also glad the family enjoyed the pool area, I know how important a clean, safe pool can be while travelling with children. I am dismayed that we did not have cookies on the desk for you, and will try to figure out what happened there!

Looking foward to your next visit,

Angela Long

Been to Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!