“Friendly professional Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites

You added Country Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3760 East State Road, Port Clinton, OH 43452 (Formerly Port Clinton Islands' Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Port Clinton
Terre Haute
“Friendly professional Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

I was very impressed with Lesley who manned the front desk the day I arrived. She was very friendly and was able to multi-task while making me feel she was attentive to my needs. She provided we with directions to a local tourist site and later to a restaurant for dinner.
The room was very nice, clean and quiet.
The only complaint would be that the side door that uses a keycard was not working. Since my room was close to that door, I had to use the front entrance each time I needed to enter the hotel.

Room Tip: Excellent Staff
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Geneva, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Love the pool and exercise facility. The staff treats me like a member of the family and goes out the way to accommodate my needs.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Columbiana, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

This Fairfield Inn is a nice clean establishment with an indoor pool and a workout room. I travel thru the area on business regularly and prefer to use to this hotel over others in the area. Would like to see them add a small refrigerator in each room, like the near by Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
AUDRIANNA_ASH, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
I wanted to Thank You for your great review of Fairfield Inn, Port Clinton on February 2, 2011. I appreciate when our guests take time out of their busy schedules to tell us that you enjoyed your stay. I read the part regarding the fridge in rooms, and hopefully that will be adressed before renovations, but until then, just request a fridge when you reserve your room or let the desk know when you check in. If we have extras you will certainly get one!

Again, Thank You so much for your great review, and I look forward to your next visit.

Regards,

Angela Long
General Manager, Fairfield Inn, Port Clinton
Charlevoix, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

The staff at this hotel is top notch. We stayed off season and the hotel was not that busy. Often at other hotels I have stayed at this usually means less than friendly service, but at the Fairfield Inn in Port Clinton the service was awesome. The rooms were extremely clean and maintained.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank You so much for your fantastic review of us here at the Fairfield Inn, Port Clinton!
I have printed out your review so that the staff here is sure to see it, because I think they all do a great job, but sometimes it is great to hear it from a guest. So often, the surveys that are sent out are responded to only when there is a problem, and I appreciate that you took time to write a review when there wasn't any issues or problems.

I look forward to your next visit when you are in the area again, and require a friendly, clean, place to stay!

Regards,

Angela Long
General Manager, Fairfield Inn, Port Clinton
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

This is your average Fairfield Inn -- no more, no less. The rooms were fine, although they didn't seem as clean as the Hilton chain hotels we stayed at on our trip. This is a nice Lake Erie tourism area, and I had the sense from the staff that they didn't really care if we were there or not. This hotel is fine, but didn't seem better or worse than the other hotels in the area. There was a Comfort Inn across the street that looked newer and maybe nicer. I chose Fairfield because of Marriott consistency, but if I went back I would widen my hotel search.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

We just got back from our trip to Cedar Point and stayed at this hotel for two nights. I will first tell you about the negative, There are trains that pass by this hotel at all hours of the night and blow their horns. I'm a light sleeper and I did wake up from this, however my 3 kids and husband slept like babies. If this noise wouldn't bother you, definitely stay here. I'm very picky. It was very clean. There are two double beds and a pull out couch which we needed as we are a family of 5. There is a nice restaurant not far called Mon Ami..its' in a winery and very pretty. Show your room key and you get 10percent off. When you first pull up you think it's very expensive but pizza started at $10. Kids menu was very reasonable too. The hotel will tell you it's a 30 minute drive to Cedar Point, but it's more like 15-20minutes. There's a Wal-mart nearby but we found it was more expensive than other walmarts. We were told it's because there's no competition nearby like a Target. The park was wonderful and so was this hotel

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Fenton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Fairfield Inn was a nice clean hotel for our overnight stay on the way home from Cedar Point. Drive was easy from the park, about 15 minutes. Had a room with two double beds. Wish more hotels would switch to queen beds. Otherwise, room was decent size and clean. Pool was refreshing. Staff was friendly and called right after we checked in to see if we needed anything. Breakfast was also better than many continental offerings and breakfast staff was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!