“10 day stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Motel Port Clinton

You added Super 8 Motel Port Clinton to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel Port Clinton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1704 Perry Street, State Route 2 to State Route 163 West, Port Clinton, OH 43452   |
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Port Clinton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Niles, Mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at the Super 8 in Port Clinton for one night. I found my room to be clean and well-appointed for a budget motel. The free breakfast was the usual make yourself waffles, dry cereal, juice, etc. It served my breakfast needs very well. The Super 8 internet AARP room rate was very reasonable. Downtown Port Clinton offers many interesting evening dining spots. Check Tripadvisor for reviews. I will be staying at the Super 8 in Port Clinton the next time that I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
jane s, Manager at Super 8 Motel Port Clinton, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us in Port Clinton, Ohio. We are glad you ernjoyed your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again on a return visit.
Iberia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Not only did I have problems checking in because the desk clerk entered my credit card expiration date incorrectly (which took over nearly two hours to resolve), the jacuzzi didn't work. My primary reason for booking this room was for the jacuzzi. As a traveller usually does, I spent my evening touring the local city. I didn't realize until 9:30pm that the jacuzzi did not work. The staff did offer to book me at an alternate hotel with a jacuzzi room but by that time in the evening I was exhausted from my day of travelling/touring and was already unpacked and settled into my room.

Other things that were unsettling about the jacuzzi room was that there were no operating instructions even though sign on wall said to refer to them, there was no thermostat/temperature gauge in order to insure safe operation of the jacuzzi, and there was no emergency shut-off switch. Lack of a temperature gauge is a huge risk to your patrons safety.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

jane s, Manager at Super 8 Motel Port Clinton, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We do apologize for the inconvenience of the Jazuzzi not working.
The motel called me and I offered to send you to the motel next to us.
Since you decided not to move you were refunded the amount for the
Jacuzzi. Again I am sorry for the inconvenience.
The button that turns on the Jacuzzi also turns off the Jacuzzi. An
in room Jacuzzi is different than a public Jacuzzi that has a heater.
The Jacuzzi in the room is like a bathtub. It does not have a heating
element so a temperature gauge is not required.
I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. We hope you will come back and give
us another chance for your lodging needs.
Ironton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We stay here on our annual fishing trip on lake Erie. Clean comfortable room at a decent price. Great staff and nice continental breakfast. We will be back. We have stayed here for 10 years on our trip.

• Stayed August 2012
jane s, Manager at Super 8 Motel Port Clinton, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your fishing trip. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again. We are remodeling our guest rooms this winter.
We are looking forward to opening with a fresh new look.

Been to Super 8 Motel Port Clinton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Motel Port Clinton

Address: 1704 Perry Street, State Route 2 to State Route 163 West, Port Clinton, OH 43452
Location: United States > Ohio > Port Clinton
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Port Clinton
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Motel Port Clinton 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Motel Port Clinton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel Port Clinton Hotel Port Clinton
Super 8 Port Clinton
Super Eight Port Clinton
Port Clinton Super Eight
Port Clinton Super 8
Super 8 Motel Port Clinton Ohio

If you own or manage Super 8 Motel Port Clinton, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.