“lake erie weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Port Clinton

You added Super 8 Port Clinton to your Saves list
Super 8 Port Clinton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1704 Perry Street, State Route 2 to State Route 163 West, Port Clinton, OH 43452   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Port Clinton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family and I stayed in one of the 2 bedroom suites during our recent visit to Port Clinton. The evening hotel staff was very friendly, while the morning staff was a little dry. The room is not safe for small children as the vent near the oven had broken, rusty pieces of metal sticking out. The carpet is dirty, the cold water doesn't work well on the sink, but it was ok overall. The beds were clean and that's really all we needed after leaving the only other vacant hotel 15 minutes into our stay at Budget Inn due to a puddle of someone else's blood on the nightstand and my daughters black feet from walking around the room without shoes.

• Stayed August 2012
jane s, Manager at Super 8 Port Clinton, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are remodeling our guest rooms this winter (2013). We hope
you will come back and allow us to serve your lodging needs.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

So not only did the hotel charge me 5 separate times, but I am now being told that due to the manager being off work they cannot do anything about this until 2-3 days after my stay. The first impression was awesome- Renee, then after driving 6 Hours from home I was told I could not check into my room early after I had called at 10am to let them know I would be in early, then 12 pm I called again to check on the room, and she told me 1:30pm, then when arriving at 1:30pm I was told I had to wait until 3pm which completely threw off my schedule the rest of the weekend, very very unhappy with this woman ( NOT RENEE ) an older woman gray hair. Anyway then my room was switched from front to back of hotel, then room was disgustingly full of a musty mold smell (bad sinuses), then my room had no trash bags, no ice liners, phone did not work therefore I did not receive my wake up call, alarm did Not work as well- yes it was on- set, tv was blurry, bathtub falling apart, floor not vacuumed, and charged for a safe I did not use or request! Then my sister and I had to wait in a dark alley for 30 minutes waiting on the shuttle to return after going to put in bay, after being told people were being drugged and raped. No elevator, all bags packed up stairway, no ice machine on second floor, no wireless available in hotel room. I feel as though this hotel was the worst mistake I made during my trip. Very unsatisfied although Renee was the sell point, I think she was very helpful, friendly, and always smiling. Did I mention the Juice and milk available for breakfast were VERY WARM as well, who drinks hot juice? Not satisfied at all, completely over charged, and will not be back, although I will miss Renee.

• Stayed July 2012
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I and our 3 kids just stayed 2 nights at the Super 8 Port Clinton. The people at the front desk all days we were there were really nice and so that helped give it a little better rating. The room did smell musty like mold or something. I did check for bed bugs and didnt SEE any and i hope its just cause i didnt see them. The bathroom was clean. There were 2 chairs in the room which they may as well just toss out the door because they were so stained i'd just rather not see any chairs in the room. We did take the free shuttle to the Jet Express which was a nice feature and did have the free breakfast which was a choice of some fruit, cereal, yougert, waffles coffee tea oj bagles and i think oatmeal (microwave). Waffle iron DOES need some nonstick spray! If you basically just want a place to sleep so you can go over to put in bay this hotel will work. It was a little pricy for the WEEKEND but I know that these hotels need to make their money during the high season so i cant blame them. Def cheaper then staying on the island.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. Your comments and suggestions are taken seriously. We are remodeling our guest rooms this winter. We hope you will come back and see our new look.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Renee was extremely accomidating to our needs. Being a Executive of a fortune 100 company it is very pleasing for me to engage in business with Renee. She was very pleasant, bright, and helpful. This qualities in customer service is what I strive to achieve with my workers. Because of these attributes I will ensure my continious stay at super 8. Thank you so much Renee for your kindness and caring. You are one of the greatest.! Thank you much!

Room Tip: Please speak with Renee.