“filthy” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Poland
Santiago
“filthy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I booked into this place after being too tired to continue driving. I wish I had checked the place out first but I just wanted to sleep. This ended up being one of the dirtiest motels I've ever stayed out. The stairwells were disgusting ashtrays with literally hundreds of cigarette butts dotting the ashy floor. The elevator was also disgusting with smashed Doritos and random pieces of trash. How many days (weeks?) had gone by since somebody cleaned them? The place was loud too with adult children running around making noise. Luckily things did quiet down by about 11pm.

The rooms were okay and they were reasonably clean although the furnishings felt used and in need of replacement.

Would not recommend this place at all. I paid 300% what I feel I should have. If I weren't so tired I would have checked out as soon as I noticed the stairwells.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager253, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boardman, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Hello,

My name is Adam Pondillo and I am the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn Boardman. Please allow me to thank you for recently staying with us and offering your feedback. It is very much appreciated. I would also like to apologize for the rooming issues you've experienced during your stay. My staff and I pride ourselves on a clean, comfortable, and well maintained room for everyone of our guests. I will pass your comments on for review. Please know that our hotel has been renovated. Red Roof Inn has many different renovation packages and different looks it chooses for its properties. Rest assured all the carpet, bedding, TV’s, and soft goods have all been replaced and upgraded. The next time you are in the Boardman area and are in need of lodging please give me a call directly at 330-758-1999 and I will personally handle your reservation and upgrade you to one of our suites. We hope that you'll give us another chance to see why we are ranked number 1 in our area on Trip Advisor.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Adam Pondillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We are from Australia and are traveling around America for 4 months. Throughout our stay in this great country we stopped in Youngstown and found this hotel. What a find it was. As we walked in we were greeted by John Wehringer who gave us a very warm welcome and made us excited to be staying at this hotel. Throughout our stay John continued to help us and ensured we had all the information needed for a memorable visit to Youngstown. We are staying at a lot of hotels over the 4 months and not many times do we say we would go back to the same hotel, however if we ever come back to Youngstown I will only ever stay at this hotel, simply because of the service. The rooms also were fantastic, you will have a great time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Attending baseball tournament and picked this hotel based on price. John Wehringer was very helpful and provided great customer service. Because of this great service, I booked our stay for the next Tournament in June.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at a Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn, in the Youngstown area about 5 nights each month. My customary hotel was all booked up, so I decided to try this Red Roof location. The amenities were every bit as good as the much more expensive business class hotels, but at a much lower cost. John Wehringer was on duty at the front desk and did everything possible to make sure I had everything I needed. He did a First Class job. I will definitely stay at this Red Roof from now on when I am in the Youngstown area on business. My employer will be very happy with the much lower cost of stay each of those nights.

• Stayed April 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I always stay here when I come back to the Youngstown area. The rooms are clean, updated nicely and provide great value. John Wehringer is always most helpful and very courteous.

Great rate, nice rooms, wonderful customer service. Can't beat this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Picked this hotel based upon price and was provided with great customer service. John Wehringer was very accomodating and made sure our stay was a pleasant experience. Based upon the service John provided I have already booked our stay for our next tournament in June.
Thanks John for all your help.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

John Wehringer was very very helpful with my stay at the red roof in in Boardman Ohio. This is a man how news his job. His customer service was first class. i will always stay in this hotel when i make a visit because of the service John provided my family.My family have stayed in many hotel before and we have never received the service this one provided. THANK YOU JOHN FOR ALL YOUR HELP YOU ARE FIRST CLASS PERSON>
Larryw

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Boardman? Share your experiences!