“Eek.” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York, New York, United States
“Eek.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My friend and I stayed here overnight on our drive from Chicago to New York--we did not have many choices because we were staying with a dog. This hotel is in much need of an update--the rooms were dingy and I actually chose not to shower in the bathroom because it looked dirtier than I was. If you have no other choice (i.e. you are traveling with a dog), then this motel is for you. If you are just looking for a good deal, I say splurge and stay at one of the other hotels down the street like the Residence Inn.

I do agree, great customer service though. The front desk was extremely nice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManager253, Manager at Red Roof Inn Boardman, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Hello,

My name is Adam Pondillo and I am the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn in Boardman. I wanted to thank you for staying with us and offering your feedback, it is very much appreciated. I also wanted to apologize and let you know that we are aware that the hotel is in need of a refresh and are happy to say that big things are going to happen very soon! The next time you are in the Boardman area and are in need of lodging please give me a call directly at 330-758-1999 and I will personally handle your reservation and upgrade you to one of our suites. Lastly I wanted to thank you for your kind words about my front desk staff. They really try to go above and beyond.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon,
Adam Pondillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Carrollton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Upon arrival "John" greeted us from behind the front desk with a cheery smile and friendly HELLO. It was a dreary night and after 7 hours of driving in the rain, he could tell we were bushed. He asked if we wanted a hot cup of coffee and take a minute before registering. "A welcomed relief". I knew from that moment that "John" was all about "customer service" and ensuring that our stay would be "top notch" Having a person on the front desk like John reminded me of my Air Force days when we would say "they got the right stuff". In this case meaning "Red Roof", the "Poland" hotel, and that this stay was going to be first class all the way. The stay was uneventful until the third night. Upon returning to the hotel at about 10PM we were ready to call it a night for an early departure in the morning. About midnight we were awaken by a crying child (maybe two).. Feeling sympathetic for the parents we "tried" to get back to sleep. An hour or so later we were disturbed again by sounds of, for terms of politeness, some "rough sounding love making" (moans, slaps, groans). No sounds or arguing, fighting, so we assumed "love making". Needless to say not much sleep until a 4:15am wake up call. Upon departure we made mention of the "sleeplessness" to John. He apologized to us, and gave us some sound advise as to what we "could have and should have" done. A lesson learned for the future. His concern for our safety and that of the other residents staying that night again showed me "John" had the "right stuff". He has the company interest AND the paying customers interest foremost in mind. Again apologizing, he said he would try to make things right for us, and asked that we PLEASE not let this incident deter us from staying there again in July of this year. John is definitely all about "customer service". I am sure Red Roof Inns provide training classes and I can assure Corporate Executives that "John" took his classes serious and does represent Red Roof Inns as a company with "excellent customer service". I can't say how much good John did at checkout that insured in our minds that we will stay at Red Roof again and at #253 in Poland, Ohio on all our future trips back home again. Thank You John, you ARE customer service. He "aims high" and excels.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Everytime I have gone to this hotel the service is always great! Any issue I have ha is addressed as quickley as they can get it solved and no matter what I have never been treated like I'm just a guest. The manager and his team always try to go a step above expectation and I always look forward to my stays there

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Every time I stay here, the staff and John make sure that I am totally satisfied.

• Stayed January 2012
Poland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I needed a room in a pinch due to having to much fun at a Christmas party. John was very understanding due to the circumstances and got me set up with a comfortable room for the evening. My friend had recently stayed here twice in the past few months and was also very satisified with this property. Thanks again to John and all the Red Roof staff.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Upon arrival the front desk man John told us that an accident happened with your rooms heater and he could offer us another room. He acknowledged that the room he was offering was cheaper and would do the rate the internet had said. He then helped us out even more and hooked us up with a suite. It was nice because we travel with our dog and he needs some room. This is the reason we board with Red Roof Inn when we travel because we know we will be helped out.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

John is an outstanding representative of Red Roof Inn...his kindness and helpfulness was truly appreciated. He was probably the friendliest and had the best customer service ever! I will definitely stay there again and again..in fact I just booked a room for my friend coming from Michigan this weekend. thank you, Karen Petty

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Red Roof Inn Boardman? Share your experiences!