“Perfect Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Poland B&B and Inns
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Perfect Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

My husband and I wanted to have a little weekend getaway but still be able to accomplish some Christmas shopping without the kids! We were able to accomplish this at The Inn at the Green because it is located in the beautiful small New England-style town of Poland, OH, but is less than 10 minutes to Boardman, OH where there is all the shopping I could ever ask for! The owners of the Inn were very welcoming and the whole place was beautifully decorated. We were treated to a great breakfast and felt very cozy in our room which was impeccably clean. The Inn has been kept in great condition despite it's historic age. New carpet adds to the cleanliness of the entire place. I would highly recommend this place. We plan to return again, as we only live about an hour away!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2015

I've traveled throughout Europe staying, exclusively, in B&Bs, plus a few in the States. TIATG is as welcoming, comfortable, quiet, private, and accommodating as any I've ever seen. This was, for us, a true oasis to which we retreated each evening. In harsh weather, our room was warm as toast. The custom-ordered breakfast they provided in the all-glass patio room was exceptional.
24/7 gourmet coffee/tea, free snacks, chips, yogurt, bottled water, power bars, fancy chocolate... even a classic decanter of wine makes guests feel like they are in their own home. Bring your own wine or takeout food? In the "butler alcove" you'll find real wine glasses and silverware. The front sitting room, complete with a grand piano, would accommodate several visitors. The home is elegant and well appointed. The shower had a flexible stainless steel covered hose and multi-setting nozzle. No flimsy box-store DIY fixtures anywhere in sight.
The only possible negative would be the fact that the owners don't live in the home, so if you're used to such local interaction, you'll have to confine yourself to chatting with the very competent house staff lady who brings breakfast at the appointed hour, and recharges the coffee/juice/ filtered water pitcher etc. We would gladly drive out of our way to stay here again.
One price, including taxes and everything else is the no-surprises bill. Just exceptional place to stay.

Room Tip: The first floor room is where we stayed and we loved it. Best room in the house.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Columbiana, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2015

My husband and I had a lovely getaway night close to home but not too close. I slept fine but my husband found the bed too stiff. Everything was lovely. I love to take baths, though, and it would appear that the porcelain tub in the private bathroom was original to the home, and it was very narrow, the narrowest I've ever been in and I'm not large. The heating system must also be as the original design - I was comfortable but my husband was too warm, and there are no controls in each room, as it is all controlled in one place by the furnace.

I really liked how private it was. When you make reservations, the email tells you the code to unlock the main door. You let yourself in, where there is a homey dining room table with a guest book to sign, an envelope with your name on it (which holds your room key), a welcome sign, and other instructions about procedures. We never even saw anyone until breakfast time, and we only heard other guests briefly, once or twice, when they were in the hall.

It was all very beautifully decorated, especially downstairs (sitting room, patio room, etc.)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

The staff was very attentive and helped us get in and settled after a long travel. The room was comfortable and clean. The home is warm and inviting with a lovely breakfast room. The area is very trendy yet has a small town feel. So much to see within a fourty-five minute drive and easy access to the highway. Shopping, Eating and many historical sights nearby. Good job Mark, Kathleen and Terra; You made our trip spectacular and our memories of Ohio special. Being from Florida,we had "special" sunshine needs! I don't know how you did it, but you even provided 40-50 degree weather while we visited in late December! We will be back!

Room Tip: Room 4 is quiet and warm
Edmond, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

Glad I decided to stay at this little Inn. Very historic comfortable and quaint. The inn keeper made sure everything was satisfactory. They even washed sheets and towels in tide free for me (with advanced notice) because of allergies to perfumed detergents. Inn has been under new ownership since January and they are doing a good job of maintaining, repairing and keeping the inn as historic as possible. The beds are comfortable, the location is incredible, very close to many great restaurants a walking trail and shopping. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is because the middle room we stayed in only had one AC vent that was behind the bed and the room was very stuffy while the rest of the house was very cool. The inn keeper provided us with a fan for circulation, and since we were the only ones there, we opened our door to the hall which helped out a lot. Overall a wonderful experience and we fully intend to return next year.

Room Tip: Middle upstairs room is stuffy, and downstairs bedroom is right off breakfast area.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Johnson City, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

So glad I stayed in this gem of an Inn. The minute I entered, I could feel a sense of comfort and peace. The new owners can be very proud of their accomplishments in making this a great place to stay. I felt very much "at home" for the short time I was there. The bed was especially comfortable, the breakfast was WONDERFUL, the staff was attentive, the location was excellent, and the free Wi-fi was much-appreciated. Also loved the central air. Will definitely stay here again!! A terrific value in this quaint village.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

What a pleasant surprise.......charm and history greeted us as we walked onto the property.........set in the boyhood home of President McKinley.Not only did we enjoy the walk around town, listen to a free concert but enjoyed the beauty of the Inn, hospitality and friendliness and a healthy breakfast. A real must, if you are in the area!

Room Tip: Bedroom on the first floor is great but bathroom is tiny.......all upstairs rooms looked cozy and co...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at the Green Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!