“Not bad for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   987 E Ash St., Miami Valley Center Mall, Piqua, OH 45356   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Piqua
Douglasville, Georgia
“Not bad for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Not a top notch hotel, but it was alright for a night. Room was decent and clean. Hotel staff was very nice and friendly. Nice big pool with a hot tub and open until 1:00 a.m. The one thing I didn't like was that they allowed guest to smoke right at the door of the building so when I walked in I had to walk through the smoke. They should make sure people aren't standing at the entrance smoking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our family lives about 45 minutes from Piqua. We decided to spend the weekend here because of the indoor pool and close proximity to our home. What a great idea! The staff was incredible! They arranged to have us all on one floor, and gave us the meeting room so we could have Saturday night pizza together instead of trying to get us all in one of our rooms. They were so kind and accomodating we just could not ask for more helpful people. The rooms were clean and ready when we got there. The mall was great to walk around in while we waited for the family to all get there. We had a blast and look forward to going to back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Comfortoh078, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Hello, I am Danni Hirschfeld the Director of Sales for the Comfort Inn, Piqua. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your comments and strive for excellent customer service each and every time. I will be pleased to pass on your wonderful comments to our staff! Thank you again, and hope to see your family next year.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I was given a rate when I booked the room then told that the rate was $10/night more when we checked in and they did not even have a different rate! I was also told over the phone it was very clean and updated, of which it was neither. Overall it was ok for a quick local stay but between the old carpeting and furniture, and the train going by all night....

• Stayed March 2012
Windsor Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stay at this hotel every year on our way home from Florida. It's clean, great bedding, wonderfully located attached to a mall, and the complimentary breakfast is one of the most generous we've ever seen. (hot waffles, eggs, & bacon as well as the usual fare). It's so nice to be able to go shopping without having to get back in the car, and the food court in the mall is very good too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Milford Center, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stayed in a King suite Friday 2/10 thru Sun 2/12. Room was very warm when we arrived (unfortunately the windows don't open). Jacuzzi in our room was nice to have access for the weekend.

The only problem we had was we didn't get our room cleaned on Sat. We had left at 11:15am while the housekeeper was next door to our room. We came back and our room was untouched. We were left a note to go to the front desk for towels and supplies. The front desk attendant on 2nd shift told me I could only get 2 towels replaced. She didn't offer any other items that would have been replaced if our room had been cleaned.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfortoh078, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Hello,
I am Danni Hirschfeld the Director of Sales for the Comfort Inn, Piqua. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you incurred while a guest at our hotel. I can assure you that this matter was presented to the proper departments. It is customary to leave a note, only when there is a "do not disturb" sign on the guest room door. I am sorry for the mis-communication and regret that the front desk was not more accommodating as we have plenty of supplies for them to help you replenish your room. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future as we value each and every guest that walks through our doors.
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

We didnt expect to stay here, we were travelling home from Indy and we were tired so we pulled over and used a coupon from room savers. Got the room for $59. Perfect price. It was visible from the highway. I was surprised to see it is connected to a mall. Perfect! You can access the mall from the lobby, no need to walk outside. You walk into a little food court, so if you miss the breakfast, you have plenty of choices for lunch. The lobby is nice, the pool is just off the lobby and its nice and big. It looked clean and inviting although we didn't get a chance to use it. The lady working the front desk was exceptional, wish I could remember her name. Upon going down the hall and into the elevator I noticed this hotel really needed updating. The room was clean. The bath surround had been redone. The beds were new. The room decor was dated (walls furnishing etc) BUT the matresses were new so I was fine with it. I would stay here again. I did not have the breakfast but the lady at the front told me it is an extensive breakfast buffet with lots of hot and cold selections. They gave me a booklet coupon for discounts at various businesses and restaurants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Brantford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We have been to this same hotel twice before on our way back home from Florida. We love that the mall is attached so I can go shopping while the kids swim. This year I jumped in the pool as well and it was very warm and enjoyable for a cold night. Like was mentioned, staff is friendly and will help you with whatever they can. The only comPlaint would be that the rooms are very dated. We got into bed and were awaken 3 times by the train. Also the beds tend to be quite small. We're not big people but found it small. Lots of light came in through the windows from the lights outside so it was never pitch dark, not a problem for us. The breakfast was good with e drugging you'd get from better hotels with exception of fresh fruit. We stayed in a Hampton and country inn while traveling on this vacation, and while the others are rated higher and the rooms are beautiful, this one makes it up with location, staff and cleanliness! We will for sure visit again!

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!