“Awesome Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Piqua
Indiana
“Awesome Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2007

My gosh if you ever visit Piqua this would be the place to stay. I was shocked by the cleanliness and overall customer service. This place is by far the cleanest place I have stayed for many years and I travel quite often.

The pool was so nice and the hot tub is to die for. I don't get to Piqua often but knowing that La Quinta is located there I plan to take a few simple get aways.

The continental breakfast went way beyond the call of duty with eats that you don't typically find at other hotels. I am just thrilled to be able to write a review for such a great place.

I also want to mention that the staff were so helpful and eager to make my stay the very best possible.

Thanks so much La Quinta. You're an A +++ in my book and I will be sharing my experiences with your establishment with all my traveling friends.

• Liked — Customer Service
  • Disliked — I didn't find a thing I didn't like. I loved it all!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ted C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Piqua, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We thank you for your great review. We still have the great staff that was here for your 1st stay. I love to see how the small things can make a great impact on your stay. I hope to meet you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Green Bay, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2006

A fairly good value. Rooms were fairly average, but cleaner than your typical hotel. The continental breakfast had a nice selection of food. The pool was somewhat small. Overall, I would say this would be the place to stay in Piqua.

• Disliked — Many trains pass right by the hotel, so it was very noisy.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
We thank you for you review.. We have made some changes to the hotel but for the most part still clean, comfortable and ready for you!
Greenwood Village, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2005

A lovely hotel w/a fantastic breakfast selection - fruit, cereal, bagels, french toast, espresso coffees. Restaurants close by: Waffle House, Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel, McDonald's, Wendy's, Bob Evans. Recently remodeled, the furniture and rooms were bright, clean and great for unwinding after a long day's drive. The indoor pool and jacuzzi were delightful, and the knotty pine ceiling over the pool is a rare display of decorating acumen. The staff was the friendliest and most helpful I've ever seen. It felt very safe and the grounds were beautifully maintained. There is the proverbial train that runs once a night - you can ask for a room on the other side and not hear it at all. This is a fabulous hotel at a great price. Set away from the city in the outskirts of North Dayton. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
We thank you for your great review. We still have most of the same staff.. hope to see you soon
Elbert, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2005

The initial impression when I walked into the hotel should have clued me into what was coming. Walking across the carpet was more like shooting the rapids, except the carpet had more duct tape. Our reservation was handled fine, but when we checked into a room that hadn't been cleaned yet (including a nice house-warming gift in the toilet from an obviously sick previous occupant), things got worst. The receptionist at the front desk did not believe me, but was unwilling to go look at the room, so she relented and gave us another room. This one was clean, except for the mold growing in 3 areas on the walls in the bathroom. After getting settled in, I pulled out my trusty road-worthy lap-top, ready to take advantage of the promised high-speed internet in every La Quinta guestroom; rather than a chance to check email and take care of a little work, I got zippo. Another call to the front desk was met with the grand response, "I don't know what to say because everyone who has a lap-top knows how to work it". By this time it was getting close to mid-night, so I gave up and went to bed. The next morning, when I checked out, I started to realized that maybe I didn't have it so bad when the man in front of me told the receptionist that they were leaving a day early because when he walked outside of his room this morning, he stepped into a pile of dog-poo in the middle of the carpeted hallway. No apology or offer of compensation from the receptionist.
I decided to go ahead and lodge my complaint, but then I found out that the La Quinta guarantee doesn't apply if you happen to be stupid enough to book your room on Travelocity. I asked for a comment card, but she replied that they didn't have any at the front desk but that I could go back up to the 3rd floor and get one from my room, if I really wanted one. At this point, I decided it was better to depart the hotel rather than increase my disappointment with the hotel condition and the poorly-trained, un-helpful, and attitude-deprived staff. Save yourself the disappointment and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
Ted C, Manager at La Quinta Inn Piqua, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We are very sorry to read you had a bad stay with us in 2005. Please give us a call and see how we have improved...

Been to La Quinta Inn Piqua? Share your experiences!