“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Executive Suites - Columbus East

You added BEST WESTERN Executive Suites - Columbus East to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Executive Suites - Columbus East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1899 Winderly Ln., Port Columbus Int'l Airport Area, Pickerington, OH 43147   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pickerington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brevard, North Carolina
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We just returned from spending four nights at the Best Western, and I recommend staying there. The staff was very friendly and helpful, there was a full hot breakfast, my grandchildren loved the heated pool, and we enjoyed free cookies, fresh fruit, and a morning newspaper. This was a great value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

For the Priceline price and star rating, we thought this hotel was going to be nicer than this. The pool could have been a lot nicer and the hot tub was closed and had been filled in. The hotel, while clean, appeared older and slightly outdated, it was kind of dark and there was no one was at the front desk when we walked in and only one staff person seemed to be there at all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wellsburg, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed for two nights over the Easter weekend and loved it. The room was very comfortable and had all of the amenities we were looking for. The staff was great. They let us check in an hour early and happily gave us extra pillows when we asked. The room was cleaned quickly while we were out and cleaned well. We had no problems with dirt or bugs. Yes, the decor is a bit dated, but it was still pleasant. The shower was huge and there was plenty of hot water. The breakfast buffet was a but lacking, but I have very picky children, so I never rely on the continental breakfast. The breakfast attendants did their best to keep everything fresh and managed requests as best she could. We left a tip for them both mornings because of the great job they were doing.
There are only three things about the room that I would change. First, there were only two very small trash cans in the room. This was not adequate for my family of four. The cleaning staff gave us a large trash bag when we asked, but it we had to keep it in the closet as we had nowhere else to put it. Second, the room was not child proofed at all. Which meant that I spent a great deal of time trying to keep my 16-month-old out of the cupboards and closet. There also were no covers on the outlets. These are basic requirements for any hotel wanting to call itself family-friendly. Finally, the sofa-bed was very uncomfortable. Our plan had been to put the kids there while my husband and I slept in the king bed. The first night both kids ended up in bed with us. It was so bad that the second night my husband gave the bed to me and the kids and just slept on the sofa-bed as a sofa. We weren't expecting much with the sofa-bed, but even our minimal expectations were not reached. It was awful.
Overall, we had a great stay and will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Plattsburgh, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We moved here after a bad night at the next exit down. The folks who work here were very friendly and let us check in a little early when we explained our situation (we hadn't stayed to shower at the place we were before). Our room smelled a bit of old man's cologne and felt stuffy but was clean. The beds are so-so... I could feel the springs when I lay on my side. The kitchen is a bit inadequate if you actually want to use it... what are all the empty cabinets for? Someone was smoking nearby which we could smell in our non-smoking room, we could hear the conversations in the rooms to either side of us and I could hear everyone who walked past us, above us or next to us. It was an improvement over the other places for most things but we picked the other place because it had kitchen facilities and I prefer to make my own food. On the upside, the Greek restaurant across the parking lot had pretty decent food. I'd stay here again if I had to but I'd look for something newer and with actual kitchen facilities.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
mike43147, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Suites - Columbus East, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future. We do have kitchen stuff for all the kitchen rooms but they need to be requested.
Leroy, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, Thursday through Saturday with my son and daughter. This was not the worse hotel experience ever, but it was far from the best. Good: Very good rate, room was clean and although they overbooked and was not able to get room originally requested, they did adequately accomodate us. My bed was comfy and I slept good. Bad: This is without doubt and old hotel that is in desparate need of TLC. The furniture is old, banged up, chipped and scratched. Staff is not very friendly. Do not stay here if you have high expectations. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Oakland, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We happened upon this hotel after a long ten hour drive. It was featured in one of those interstate hotel magazines. We arrived after midnight tired and exausted. When we got to the room we found the room occupied. The door would only open until the top lock was engaged. We were given another room and found that the bathroom was not cleaned. Our third room had a lock issue but we were so tired that we decided to risk it.

Objectively, I think this is a lower scale hotel that was given an inexpensive makeover. The rooms were musty. In fact the entire hotel was a little dark and dank. I think the owners went to hotel closeouts for furnishings. I counted nine different styles of furniture in the livingroom and none of it matched. The TV's are old style with poor reception. The towels were dirty and the sofa, which is not a sofabed, was torn. The wallpaper was peeling in some places and I found a spider on the wall. When we came into the lobby that night there was the smell of insecticide.

The water pressure was good in the shower. The place had signs that it was renovated recently but it was done on the cheap. It was not up to the standards I expect from the Best Western chain.

We informed the manager about our experience the next day. He apologized and gave us 50% off our bill. I was satified because I felt that the $39 I ended up paying was about right for the room I received. Needless to say we didn't partake of the free breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
mike43147, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Suites - Columbus East, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
We read you review and have started proactively working on the door locks changing the hinges aligning the doors, and we already have on schedule new wall papers for winter. We once again apologize for causing inconvenience and do assure that it was just an unfortunate chain of event that occurred with you'll and most of our suites are in good condition and cleanliness is paramount requirement. We have always stood for superior customer care and will always strive for it.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

While the rooms are big and spacious and reasonably priced for what you get, but that's just it...for what you get.
I was on the second floor and never in my life have i have been in a hotel where i could here the people upstairs directly above me, walking around, showering. It was the worst. I felt like i was in a frat house, could hear the room next door to me through the vents and the walls.
The most fustrating though were all the noises i could here above me.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Suites - Columbus East? Share your experiences!