“Best Cabin Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cabin in the Orchard

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philo
Cabin in the Orchard
You added Cabin in the Orchard to your Saves list
2230 Irish Ridge Road, Philo, OH 43771   |
London, Ohio
“Best Cabin Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We loved our weekend at the Cabin in the Orchard. It was so peaceful, quiet, relaxing...just what we needed. All the little extras made it extra special too. It was also great to be surrounded by lovely fruit trees and a beautiful view off the back porch. The cabin itself was beautiful and very clean - best we've stayed at I think. Would love to stay another time in the future!

Room Tip: This cabin sleeps 6 comfortably and has plenty of room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Worthington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have known Bill and Vicky as farmers for many years, and I have always wanted to check out their cabin in the orchard. Several girlfriends and I stayed there this weekend, and,wow, we were not disappointed. This lone cabin was in the actual orchard, and we felt very safe there. We have been going on cabins for getaways for many years. This place was special. There were many cozy touches like robes, and the sleeping accommodations were comfortable. The views were astonishing, even in the dead of winter. Everything was super clean, and we were comfortable. The hot tub was well-maintained, and the lights were a nice touch. Everything we needed at a great price. Well done!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
NE Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed here a few weekends back with a couple of girlfriends for a girls' weekend. I'm no stranger to renting cabins and to travel in general, and overall, this cabin was very good. I live in NE Ohio and typically we go to Hocking Hills, which can be a bit of a pain to get to, depending on the exact location of the cabin. I had no issues getting here, directions were spot on, only about 15 minutes off the freeway.

I checked in and met the owners who were pleasant and welcoming, even mentioning, "This is your orchard, go ahead and explore and walk wherever you'd like". The cabin itself is relatively spacious....not the largest I've stayed in, but perfectly fine for three adults. I loved the downstairs bedroom and bed -- super comfy! There was a ton of books, magazines, movies, etc. although we didn't have much of an opportunity to peruse those. A brand new (seemingly) gas grill was available out front.

The hottub was awesome -- had a great "lightshow" effect with the lights under the water turning different colors.

Breakfast is provided here and it consists of things like cereal, eggs, canned cinnamon rolls, frozen waffles, coffee, tea, milk, and juice. Nothing I'd consider fancy, but certainly adequate.

There is a nice like out behind the cabin down a hill with a park bench for relaxing.

I like to give an honest review when I spend time writing one, so the negatives:

Extremely outdated kitchen items -- I'm a cook and had a menu planned for the other girls on the trip and had a real difficult time using the pots and pans that were available. They were cute, and apple themed, but the functionality was just not there -- the coating was peeling, the bottom was warped, etc.

The fire pit was great, but it was quite a ways from the cabin, and down a steep hill. We ended up making our fire and roasting the requiste s'mores in the middle of the afternoon because one of the girls is pregnant and we were worried about her going up and down the huge hill at night. Also, you'd have to be in pretty good shape to make multiple trips up and down the hill to bring stuff to roast hotdogs, s'mores, etc. And while there is a pile of wood down near the pit, if you want stuff that will actually light, you'll need to carry the dry wood down the hill from the back porch.

The notes. There are little notes all over the cabin with rules and reminders. It was like a game of hide and seek to see where they might pop up next.

With all of that being said, none of those "negatives" are anything that would keep me from returning. I should also mention that the price was right, and the owners even honored a Facebook special they had running after I had already booked and paid the deposit. I speak for three middle aged moms when I say we'd definitely go back.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
CabinintheOrchard, Owner at Cabin in the Orchard, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. We appreciate your honest review. We have replaced the pots and pans. Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

Everything was clean, cozy and just wonderful The apples on the tree were picture perfect!
Look but don't touch!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

My husband and I have been to the cabin six times. Each time is more relaxing than the others. We truly feel at peace here. Bill and Vicky treat us like friends rather than guests at their business everytime we come back. What was planned as a backup cabin stay after our first choice was booked has turned into a place we go to for peace, happiness, and to get away from it all.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Sidney, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

We stayed Mid August 2009 and the cabin was unique, very clean and we enjoyed our visit. We liked the pond, which has some large sized fish in it and we saw several deer as we sat on the deck. I found 2 trails which I hiked, they are short but both lead to benches in the woods to sit and relax. The cabin had everything we needed and it was fun to walk around outside and enjoy looking at all the apple trees. We traveled and saw the Longaberger Basket Office, Longaberger Homestead and took a ride on the Lorena Sternwheeler on the Muskingam river. Cabin owners very nice and friendly, they even gave me a refund check since I had booked in January and they were now running a special! This cabin is perfect for a couple, a group of friends, or families with children. Very nice weekend!! Scott and Mollie

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Carrollton,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

We've stayed in many cabins...this by far was the BEST!...That they had breakfast food there for us to prepare was an added bonus. We took our two children and had the in laws meet us there. It was a great place for the kids to chill out with their grandparents. And a little over a half an hour from "The Wilds" which we enjoyed the "Sunset Tour" where you get a lovely dinner before you head out on their deck overlooking acres of "The Wilds" and can see animals in the distance. We are seriously considering heading back to the cabin during harvesting time. To have the children see how it's done. And enjoy the amenidies that is there at our fingertips. A beautiful charming...relaxing vacation to get away from it all. My "in-laws" are city folk...and have never stayed at a cabin before. My Father in law emailed TONS of pictures of the cabin to family and friends...and was singing it's praises.

The location for us was PERFECT for our trip to "The Wilds"...Which it was late when we finished our sunset tour and a short drive back to the cabin was much nicer than a trip back home. Much better than a hotel...For it's so cozy and relaxing and peacefulness with no one about.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Cabin in the Orchard? Share your experiences!