“Memorable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mohican Lodge and Conference Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Perrysville
Mohican Lodge and Conference Center
1098 Ashland County Rd. 3006, PO Box 429, Perrysville, OH 44864   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Perrysville
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Memorable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

The lodge is well maintained , lots of activities to do ... coincidently we went during the Mohican Wildlife weekend and enjoyed the activties .... the dining room is picturesque and food is good too .
Overall we had a good trip !

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Springfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

This hotel is the most tranquil place that I have ever stayed at. The staff is extremely friendly. In the mornings when you walk down the halls, everyone on the staff tells you good morning. Not a single one missed the opportunity to ask how I was doing. There are plenty of things to do on and off the property. It seemed that all the guests were having a great time and in the lounge, everyone just sat around and talked to each other. My girlfriend and I woke up at 4:30am and took a walk around the property on one of the paved trails and watched the raccoon play under the bridge. If you get the right room, you can watch the sun set over the lake from the balcony. Don't miss the opportunity to visit Equestrian Valley for some extremely affordable horse back riding.

Room Tip: Check out their website for some great packages.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Xanterra, Guest Relations Manager at Mohican Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Mohican Lodge and its friendly staff greatly appreciate your kind words and review of your April stay. What a relaxing stay you describe! Good tip on checking our website for packages - we have something for everyone.

-Dianne R.
Guest Relations Manager/Ohio State Park Lodges
Chardon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

We loved this lodge much more than some of the other state parks we have been to, and we got an excellent room rate ( under $100.00 a night) with an online special. The only problem was the room fridge only works when the lightswitch was on, so be careful if you have anything that will spoil. There were no plugs next to the bed which was a problem for using the CPAP machine, but the staff promptly supplied us with an extension cord so it wasnt a problem .The rooms were very clean, the kids loved the pool and game areas. The food was far the best we have had at any of the state parks, and not too pricey the dining room had views of the lake no matter where you sat. Surroundings are gorgeous and there is plenty to do in the park and surrounding area We are very much an outdoor family, but my husband and I cant wait to come back for a romantic weeknd. Staff was friendly and excellent! Not to mention knowledgeable of the areas local attractions,

Room Tip: Check website for special packages !
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Xanterra, Guest Relations Manager at Mohican Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Thanks for filling us in on your family trip to Mohican Lodge. With the online special, it was an economical way to enjoy the beauty of this Ohio state park. We're delighted that your kids were able to enjoy the pool and games, and that you had a memorable dining experience. A big thank you for recognizing our friendly and knowledgeable staff!

-Dianne R.
Guest Relations Manager/Ohio State Park Lodges
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

My family and I have been going to Xanterra owned properties for years. Mohican was the trash of them all - and should immediately be looked into. Although I had no problems with the cleanliness of the room, the staff were just plain horrible. At check-in, our room was not ready. Unbelievable. The front desk was rude, the maintenance were beyond [--], and the lifeguards were barely over 15 yrs old, listening to their iPods while sunbathing in bikinis and not paying any attention to the swimmers. Families complained to front desk - but of course, nothing was done. The pool was salty tasting and when asked, maintenance said they would look into it and laughed as we walked away (if only they knew one of our family members managed a pool).
The waitresses in the dining rooms were ignorant. I'm sorry this is the 2nd time I've asked for a refill in 15 minutes - it's your job! Rude rude rude.
Unfortunately I've been here before and liked it but after this time, I will not go back. I paid almost $400 for two nights and I feel like I wasted my vacation days. I let my group of friends and family down who have never been there before. Maybe I just had a horrible weekend for staff members but Mohican will never see my business again. I'll stay at a motel in Loudonville next time for a fraction of the cost.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
wharton,ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

We decided to go to Mohican for a mini-vacation. We stayed two nights. It was sort of last minute, we booked our room the day before we left. We couldn't be more pleased. The girl at the desk, Cori, was friendly. She got us checked in quickly and easily. We traveled with 3 teenagers so we requested a roll-away bed. We were promised that it would be there when we checked in, and as promised, it was. We didn't need to go track it down. The room was great. Very clean. Thick, fluffy towels, 4 pillows on each bed, a mini fridge, a coffee pot, blow dryer, ironing board and iron and a DVD player. The beds were very comfortable. Plus each room has a private balcony with a table and 2 chairs. Our room overlooked the outdoor pool, and we could also see the lake. We sat on the balcony both nights of our stay. There is an indoor and an outdoor pool. We didn't know about the indoor pool until we arrived. What a great surprize for us, as our kids are fish and love to swim. We used both pools. The hotel supplies towels to use at the pools, however, unless you got there early, there were none clean. You might want to bring your own to the pool with you. There are 4 outdoor shuffelboards with poles and pucks available free of charge at the front desk. There is also a basketball court, tennis courts and a volleyball net. The front desk has a basketball guests can use for free. I don't know about a volleyball, tennis rackets or tennis balls though. I'll be willing to bet that the front desk also has some to use. There are 2 computers in the lobby with internet available to use for a small fee. Also in the lobby are 2 pool tables, 1 ping pong table, video games and an air hockey table. There is an on-sight restaurant and bar. They both looked nice, but we didn't check them out. The hotel is quite a drive from "civilization". I would guess its about 5-10 miles from anything. Its set back in the woods, so be sure to take bug spray if your going out anywhere. Everyone I encountered that worked there was very nice. There was also a fitness center with several things to do, althought I didn't try any of them. I'm not sure if they allow pets or not.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Columbus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

For $200 a night (including taxes), we expected a bit more.

Our room was not ready at check in. I requested early check in and was told it would be ready AFTER check in. At my cost I "upgraded" (Paid $30 extra for queens instead of doubles) to get a room available at check in.

Fixtures old- OK. Unclean- not ok. Use of a tissue cleaned up some around bathroom fixtures. I hated to bathe my son on the dirty tub- wished he would take a shower. Food cold and mac and cheese served to my son looked like it was from last week- we expected the microwaved kind, just not the microwaved last week kind. Towels with holes- almost rags.

Staff did not know anything about the lake and offerings, less than 15 minutes away. Turns out there was a festival with free 20 minute speed boat and pontoon rides that we happened upon.

Enjoyed outdoor pool, game room activities. Vending machines/snacks quite limited.

We would return for a $99 deal...

• Liked — State Park
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

My husband and I really liked our stay at the Mohican Lodge in May 2008. The room was large, very quiet, and comfortable. I didn't notice any smell at all when I briefly used the heater. The restaurant food was good and plentiful (the servings of oatmeal and salad were huge), and the staff was friendly. We loved hiking the trails of the park, especially during the week when we had them practically to ourselves. The wildflowers and birds were lovely. It was fun watching the birds and squirrels at the feeders during meals, and the gazebo was a very pretty place to watch the sunset over the lake (reservoir?).

• Liked — beautiful, relaxing environment with hiking trails nearby (also some on the grounds)
  • Disliked — The Internet wasn't working
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Mohican Lodge and Conference Center? Share your experiences!