“Great Food and Better Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 108 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We are what Perrysburg has been lacking. A superb place for friends, family, and business associates to gather and socialize! We have designed our menus with local and seasonal ingredients and plan on changing them bimonthly.
Toledo, Ohio
“Great Food and Better Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My friends and I decided to dine out impromptu on a Saturday night. The place was packed, but we soon found out why. The staff were smiling, friendly, and prompt and the atmosphere was open and inviting. My party of three was seated well within our 30 minute wait. When the food took a little longer than hoped for by the staff, we had several apologies and were offered a free round of drinks. Honestly, we didn't even notice! The menu was not too demanding on the pocketbook nor the eyes offering just the right amount of selection. I highly recommend the burger of the day and the mac and cheese. The only downer was that the queso dip was the consistency of pizza cheese rather than dip and it was hard to dig in without spoons as a shareable appetizer. I will definitely be back and recommend this place to others.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

midwest
“GREAT New Years Eve Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had an excellent meal...and were glad we had made a reservation as Social was a very popular choice on New Years Eve! We were there as a family (group of 10) celebrating our youngest son's birthday. The menu is amazing with many interesting and delicious choices. Our waiter was top notch...he took everyone's order without writing down a thing, and our meals were served perfectly!

What we were especially impressed and with and thankful for, was their willingness to accommodate our grandchildren's food allergies. I had called the day before to find if they would be able to handle the dietary restrictions of our grandson and granddaughter, and the chef assured me he could. When we arrived, we discovered he'd prepared an off-menu delicious meal for them...above and beyond what we expected! We would highly recommend Social!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maumee, Ohio, United States
“Great food, but noisy and smelled funny”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I where looking for somewhere else to try in the Toledo area and one of her friends recommended Social. We visited on a Saturday night around 8:30 and it was still relatively busy.
Let's start with the pros: the calamari is by far the best calamari I have ever had before. It's not little chewy rings like you find in most restaurants it's actually longer meaty pieces. The sauce that came with them was excellent also. My wife had a cinnamon apple pork chop, while I didn't care for it she loved it! I had the Prime Rib dip. This was very good, not dried out, and full of flavor. While I am not a big beer drinker, they had a large variety of "home brews" and also a large variety of what I would call standard beers.
Now for the cons: When we walked in the door in the vestibule there was a very strong smell of bleach, Clorox, or some sort of powerful cleaner. I was hoping that this was just in the vestibule, but ended up being throughout the whole restaurant. This then made the whole experience feel very sterile and probably effected my sense of flavor of the food. The other thing that we noticed was it was extremely loud. The place is laid out similar to a cafeteria with a large bar in the back. What this did was make the whole environment loud and slightly difficult to have a conversation. Later on all we could hear was one of waiters sorting and wrapping silverware in the back of the bar area.
Overall it was a decent restaurant and would probably go again, maybe for lunch, but not for dinner and only if we walk in and is doesn't smell like cleaner.

Visited December 2013
“Unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Social has its own unique vibe. Unique menu along with atmosphere. Great place for a date night. Great selection of beer. Food was great. Pricing was as expected. Will definitely go back.

Visited November 2013
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Great addition to Perrysburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The upside: Unique seasonal menu that changes, a beer menu that is printed daily, updated decor from the Arnie's at Levis days (thank goodness). Have been here twice, once it was packed, once it was not busy. Great service both times. Had the fried devil eggs, roasted cauliflower and short rib stroganoff -- would order all three again. I understand the make-your-own mac'n cheese is a big hit, will order that in the future. Only downside, the outside area is on a busy road, although it is spacious and served from a large bar area.

• Visited December 2013