“Anniversary Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Perrysburg
Findlay, Ohio
“Anniversary Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My fiance decided to treat me to a stay here at the Belamere Suites for our 7 year dating anniversary. The place was amazing and I couldn't get over the size of the room. He booked the anniversary package and as promised the room had the rose petals on the bed and the candles were already lit. It made for a very romantic setting.

Our plan was to stay here after going to the new Hollywood Casino in Toledo, and I'm glad we did. We also had a nice dinner at Biaggi's since that's where we decided to get our gift card from as part of the package. The jacuzzi was wonderful as we got to enjoy each other's company. It's definitely a couples only place and we took advantage of the romance we were feeling for each other :). Upon check out, we decided to have our picture taken and one of the front staff was nice enough to give us a tour of one of the Royal suites. I'm definitely going to book either that or a Presidential suite for our next stay.

They have found a new satisified returning customer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Lorain, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The front desk staff was very nice. Upon entering the room I was amazed, as the pictures on the internet do no justice for these rooms. We loved everything about it. The room was much bigger than we thought, it has a nice layout, everything was clean, the fireplace, shower, everything was perfect. The food delivery service and front desk staff make it possible for you to never have to leave your room unless you really want to. We will definitely be going back soon!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

My husban took me there for our anniversary and I had an awesome stay the room was beautiful and it was relaxing we had our own private pool a two head shower the juckuzie tube was huge the only thing I would have liked was maybe a private patio or something to do with outdoors maybe a window in the room but other than that I would love to go back again we had a really good time

• Stayed July 2012
Medina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

When we arived to front desk was friendley and very helpful. All staff was great. the suite was specious, clean. My wife and I stayed one night but we relized that was not enough. We"ll definetally be back next year for at least 2 or more nights. Only thing they missed was to light the candles upon our arival, even after I called 20min. in advanced.

Room Tip: Royal Suite are so worth the price and you won't regret.
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Based on other reviews, I believe this hotel either has a habit of losing reservations, or deliberately overbooking.

I was very excited to learn about a hotel within a reasonable driving distance with a private swimming pool! It's four hours, but I make that trip to Niagara Falls often to visit family; so it didn't seem unreasonable. Sure, it would cost $700 for the weekend, but again, I thought it would be worth the romantic weekend away.

I checked online with Expedia for availability of a Presidential Suite. I got all the way to the end of the reservation, then realized I was about to be charged the full amount of the stay right then--not only that, I saw that could get it for $20 less by calling the hotel directly. So I exited Expedia's website without confirming the charge on my card, and called the hotel.

When I gave the desk clerk, Melissa, my name, she said there was already a reservation. I explained to her what I had done, and that I hadn't confirmed the reservation, but she said it was still there, and that I would need to go to Expedia to make sure the reservation was canceled so my card wouldn't be charged, In fact, she said she was surprised the card hadn't been charged already.

I said I would contact Expedia, but that I still wanted to make a reservation with her. She reserved the room for me, along with late check-out, pizza, and milk and cookies. As she was reminding me to contact Expedia to cancel, I heard the manager in the background say it had already been canceled. Melissa confirmed that the other reservation was canceled, and I was grateful. She then said she would email me a confirmation number, but asked if I wanted to write it down as well.

ALWAYS GET A CONFIRMATION NUMBER RIGHT AWAY!

Since I didn't have any means of writing down the number, I said I'd wait for the email. She then reminded me that I had up until 4 pm 7 days prior to arrival to cancel the reservation, at which time my card would be charged for one night's stay.

My fault was that I waited too long. When I didn't receive the confirmation email, I should have called to check its status. Instead, I waited until after 4 pm 7 days prior to checkin, when I saw that my card hadn't been charged. I spoke to a very nice girl (whose name was something like Lapida), who reassured me by saying something had been wrong with their system, and that they were a few days behind in charging the credit cards. Still, I felt uneasy, and I asked her to check and make sure I had the reservation. She said, "I'm sure everything's fine, but I'll check." She then asked for my name and arrival date a few times, then put me on hold.

Finally, she told me there was a reservation in my name, but only for the late check-in, pizza and milk and cookies. She then informed me that the Presidential Suite was no longer available. In fact, the hotel was completely booked for the following Friday and Saturday, the nights I'd originally reserved.

After a long time of talking with her, she told me that she could get me a jacuzzi suite for the Thursday night, but that was all she could do. When I insisted that wasn't good enough, she said she'd have the manager call me Saturday morning to figure out an alternative. I told her I was very sorry if she felt I was taking my frustration out on her, and that I knew it wasn't her fault. She said no, she'd be the same way.

I gave the manager, Heather, until 11:00 am Saturday morning to call me. She didn't. So finally I called her. We went over the confusion about the two reservations, one made (though not confirmed by me) through Expedia, which she said she'd canceled, and the one I made through the front desk, with her standing right there. She asked if a jacuzzi suite would be satisfactory, and I told her no, that it was the private pool that was making it worth the 4-hour drive. She also asked if she could accomodate us on another weekend, and I explained that this was the only weekend we had free until September (this was in June). She said she understood why I was upset, and that I should "just plan on coming" the following weekend. She used that phrase at least three or four: "just plan on coming," that she would do whatever she had to, even if it meant giving us a free upgrade, to make sure we got our Presidential Suite for Friday and Saturday.

She then said that I should call "the middle of next week," Tuesday or Wednesday, to find out what arrangements she had made for me, and to get a confirmation number. I told her I would have to call on Tuesday, because I had a reservation at another private pool suite in Pennsylvania, 6 hours away. I told her I'd rather not keep it, but that I reserved it just in case, and it had to be canceled 72 hours in advance in order to avoid a charge. She said that was fine, to call her on Tuesday and she would give me my reservation details.

Today is Tuesday. I called close to 11:00 and was sent to her voice mail. I left a pleasant message reminding her that she told me to call today to find out what she was able to do for me, and I left her my number and asked her to call back.

By 2:25 pm, she had not called me back. I called again and spoke to Melissa, who was again very pleasant. She said that she was just running the cards through now, and that doing that would confirm my reservation. At that point I called the Pennsylvania hotel and canceled my other reservation.

Melissa said Heather was in a meeting but would call me back. She didn't. Instead, Melissa called me at 3:30 and said that she was able to get me a JACUZZI SUITE for Friday and Saturday. I thanked her for the call, but told her I had already explained to Heather that a jacuzzi suite wasn't sufficient, and that Heather had assured me she would get me into a Presidential Suite. She said that she didn't know that, and that she would call her manager again and have her call me back.

Melissa-not Heather--called me back again at 3:40, explaining that Heather was gone, but had said she was sorry; there was simply nothing they could do to get me the Presidential Suite for Friday and Saturday because they were all booked. I told Melissa again that that was unacceptable, and that Heather said more than once to just "plan on coming," because she would make sure we had what we'd originally reserved. Melissa apologized for not being able to do more, but said she would give her manager my number and have her call me.

Heather finally called me a little after 4:00, saying she managed to get me a Presidential Suite for Saturday only, but nothing for Friday. I explained that I felt I was being treated unfairly, since I had the room first, and since it was canceled through no fault of my own--a point she could not argue since she had been standing there when I made the reservation with the front desk, since she was the one who canceled the other reservation, and since there was still a reservation for my amenities, which I obviously wouldn't have made without reserving a room!

I was calm but firm, and I spoke respectfully. But the further we went on in the conversation, the more sarcastic and harsh she became, saying she had done me a favor by canceling the Expedia reservation for me, and now I was being rude to her in return. I told her that although anyone would understand me being rude at this point, that I was absolutely not being rude, nor had I been last Friday night, Saturday morning, or during the several phone calls today. I was standing my ground, yes, but I was not being rude. But she got increasingly more unpleasant and exaggerative, saying she had done else nothing all day but try to resolve this for me, and that even though she and her staff had worked hard to work with me, I was being difficult. I suggested that the only reason she was under the impression that I was being difficult was because I wouldn't back down from what I thought I deserved. I had the reservation when it was available. It was canceled through no fault of my own, and someone now has the room whose reservation was made after mine. She snapped at me and said, "What would you like me to do? Kick someone else out of the room so you can have it?"

Putting it like that was not only unprofessional, it was an attempt at being hurtful--at making a slanderous comment on my character. And she said it a few more times over the next minute or so. I asked her why she didn't mind telling me I couldn't have the room, but that she had a problem with telling someone else. She said, because they didn't make their reservation online--they had the sense to call the front desk. (I'm sure Expedia will love hearing that.) Finally, I calmly said, "of course I wouldn't be happy for the other couple, but unfortunately that is what would be fair. That would be justice. The room I reserved first was then promised to someone else."

Very sarcastically, she said, fine--that she would come in bright and early at 7 am and see who she could kick out in order to make room for me. I said I appreciate her being willing to accept responsibility for it, and for seeing that that is the right thing to do. So she said she would do that, then call me tomorrow to let me know who had been kicked out.

How much do you want to bet she won't call?

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

quiet, private and a beautifully decorated and spacious room. the staff could not have been friendlier. we loved the security of our car and its contents of golf clubs etc, safe and secure out of the weather in the adjoining garage. will be looking to think of a reason to return in cooler weather to fire up the fireplace. nice big screen tv that swivels to be seen anywhere in the suite. the only complaint is that the direct tv system is a little difficult to navigate.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Belamere Suites Property in Perrysburg, Ohio. Below are our Pros, Cons, and Tips:

Pros:
~Friendly and accommodating staff
~Private garage
~Private Indoor Swimming Pool (Presidential and Royal Suites only)
~Private two-person sauna (Royal Suites only)
~Large Jacuzzi Tub
~Huge shower (could fit 5-6 people)
~Small fridge in room
~Romantic lighting
~Fireplace
~Two TVs (one by Jacuzzi and one in bedroom) with several channels, including 4 HBO channels
~Several (15) restaurants deliver to suites
~Continental breakfast delivered to room at time of your choosing (Danishes, muffins, juice, coffee/tea). They call to let you know when they are on the way.
~Plenty of towels for pool, sauna, jacuzzi and shower
~Shampoo/Conditioner, and lotion are all provided
~Very clean rooms

Cons:
~Furniture was not comfortable (2 chairs were modern, which equates to functional, not comfortable; bed was too firm for our taste, as well as being a little on the high side....I am only 5'3" and I had to climb onto it).
~TVs use the Direct satellite system. We have cable at home, so we are unfamiliar with how Direct TV works. They provided instructions, but they were not overly helpful. My husband and I both hold master's degrees, yet we still had issues working the TVs. Rather frustrating!
~It took a long time for the A/C to really cool the place down. By the time we woke up the next morning, it was finally cool in the room (we had a loft, which probably explains why it took so long for the A/C to cool the place down).
~The doors (for outside) did not have 'peep holes', which would have been helpful, especially when food is being delivered to your suite.

Tips:
~The location of the property is tricky. When you come off the freeway, it will be a road located right past a Speedway gas station (there isn't a light or large sign). If you go past the Speedway, you have gone too far. In addition, it is located on a road where there are several industrial businesses, but Belamere is located in the very back.
~If you go, definitely reserve either the Presidential Pool Suite or the Royal Pool Suite. They also just have Jacuzzi suites, but the private swimming pool is worth the extra cost!
~Bring your own snacks/beverages. There is a small fridge in the room where you can store your beverages. Also, bringing your own beverages and snacks will save you a lot of money so you can spend that money on the pool suites! ;-)
~Rather than dropping more money for a two-night stay, just spend $40 for an early check-in (2pm) and a late check-out (1pm). If you stay that entire time, you will get your money's worth without dropping $200-$350 for another night. This gives you PLENTY of time to enjoy the pool, sauna, jacuzzi, and shower.

My husband and I had a really great time. The only reason we are not giving it five stars are because the furniture was not comfortable (high-end hotels provide more comfortable beds and seating), and my husband and I prefer full-service hotels (with room service and pay-per-view movies), as well as staying in larger cities where there is a lot to do. This was a GREAT change of pace though, and I would highly recommend it for any couple looking for a fun, unique and romantic getaway weekend!

Room Tip: Definitely book either a presidential or royal suite, which have private indoor swimming pools. Als...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Belamere Suites? Share your experiences!