“Great romantic getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Perrysburg
michigan
“Great romantic getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

We have stayed at the Belamere many times and hope to keep returning. We ve stayed in all of the room types and like the presidential suite the best all on one floor but you can t go wrong with any of the rooms( had a very good time in all).We try to stay here several times a year but if you have something specail planned make sure you book very early it does book up fast. Its nice to just pull in your own garage makes unloading very easy we tend to take more with us here like blender margaerita s by the pool are great. This is by far our favorite place to stay close to home only 45 minutes away. Just can t say enough good about this place hope to book a couple nights in the next day or two.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

502 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011 via mobile

I stayed in a jacuzzi suite room, which is the basic room. The entire experience from the time we checked untill the time we checked out was amazing. The room is huge, I have seen apartments that are smaller then the room, the bed is incredibly confortable. The tv is huge and can be seen from everywhere in the room including the jacuzzi tub. The walk in shower is very relaxing. I liked that they had a small glass table to eat on as opposed to other hotels where you might eat off of a coffee table. I would recommend staying two days if possible, I only stayed one, but if my schedule would have permitted it I would have stayed longer, trust me you will not want to leave, or you can get the late checkout, well worth the extra money. Other then just the room, the service is great they bring your complimentary breakfast to your room and they all have great attitudes and try to make your stay exacty like you want it. There was nothing I could have improved, such a relaxing and romantic stay. I just started planning my wedding, will not be for another 18 months but I am not considering staying anywhere else for the honeymoon.

• Stayed August 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

We had a great time in Toledo in general but being able to come back to this hotel was just perfect. It was amazing that you get your own garage so loading and unloading the car was very nice not to have to do it in the cold and rain. The jacuzzi which are bigger then normal impressed me by filling up in 10 minutes was lovely and we definitely relaxed alot, it was so nice to watch TV with the fireplace going and sitting in the jacuzzi, i didn't want to leave. But I loved that the room was just made for relaxing and spending quality time with someone, its everything I needed to relax and get away from the world for a couple days. I must say that room service was kind no matter when you called, even for something small. It was just a very nice welcoming place and I know we will be staying there again, already planning a new trip for the summer but I was to try one of those pool rooms next!

Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

My fiancee' and I went to the Belamere Suites to celebrate our anniversary. It was very relaxing and romantic. I absolutely loved all of the amenities in the room. The fire place added warmth and a soothing glow to the room. I am glad that we decided on a room with a pool. I had a great time. The rooms were lovely and very clean. The reception staff was wonderful.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We get so caught up in our day to day routine that we sometimes forget to take time out for ourselves, So I decided to look for a place that was relaxing,romantic and care free, I wanted the 4 R's romance,rest,relaxation and recharge and being at the Belamere Suites gave me just that Upon our arrival the staff was very friendly while informing us of all the restaurants and attractions surrounding the area.We were handed 2 keys, a garage remote and given directions to our suite.We wanted to stay two nights however the presidential suite was only available for one night so we decided to stay a night at the royal and a night at the presidential.we entered our suite through the attached garage,this added a very personal & private touch when opening the door the lights were dimmed,the temperature of the room was perfect and the calming of the greenish blue light coming from the full size swimming pool was just fantastic,It's nice to be able to wake up in the wee hours of the morning get glass of wine and slid into you heated pool--- now that's relaxing!!!!!!!!!!!!! . There;s a refrigerator in your room so don't for get the wine cheese & crackers bring DVD's if you want to watch movies Don't worry about something to eat there's 15 restaurants to order from (not fast food) Have fun,relax,and enjoy..

Room Tip: don't get the rooms that face the trucking co.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

My fiancee' surprised me with a very relaxing evening for my birthday. It was very relaxing and romantic, a nice little get away not far from home. The room was decent size and very clean. It was magnificent and breath taking, we are thinking of revisiting for our 6th year anniversary coming up in february!

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

My wife and I wanted some time alone, so booked the presidential pool suite and stayed there Tuesday 11/08/11. I went in with trepidation as roughly 90% of the review here were good to excellent and 10% were poor & terrible. The only three minor complaints were -

- the doors were not lockable from the inside, so had to put chairs against them
- easy to hear outside noise, which only only impacted us in the a.m. when people were leaving and staff was cleaning.
- no coffee maker or microwave in the room.

Everything else was perfect for a night way. The pool was fabulous. The jacuzzi was large, which took a while to fill, but the water maintained its heat. Walk in shower was also nice. Overall, I recommend it for people that want to stay in and enjoy each other's company for a night or weekend.

For a nice dinner, the Rose & Thimble pub had wonderful food, then right down the street was Swigs a local hangout w/ multiple beer taps. Overall, we will be back and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Presidential pool suite was great.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Belamere Suites? Share your experiences!