“Great Food, Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Taylor, Michigan
“Great Food, Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food and experince was great. Japanese steakhouses are always fun and this one was. Entertaining for sure. The chicken fried rice was the best I ever had.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toledo
“Nagoya-All Show No Go”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

For as many high ratings and good reviews we have received from friends, we decided to check this out as a family. We waited 40 minutes for a table, on a Friday night at 6:30pm, yet there were many Hibachi tables open. I believe we just had to wait for enough people to show up to be seated. The service was sooooo slow. It took 10 minutes to get drinks. The soup and salad were ho hum. The best part of the Hibachi dinner was obviously the show, and the actual entree meal was very good; however, for the price, we could have eaten at Blue Pacific in the same shopping plaza for less than half of the price. We ordered Filet Mignon and Shrimp, one of our children, shrimp, and the other chicken, and again, the food was very good but not for the price.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, Connecticut
“Fun time hibachi dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

A little disappointed no reservations were available (we were 6) but was worth the wait for our meal with full entertainment from the hibachi chef (Randy). Fun night out with good food, nice ambiance and skillful meal prep.

Visited July 2013
Batavia, Illinois
“Service terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Service poor it took over 1 hour for my sushi combo to arrive. I will not return. Evelyne stopped by after 45 minutes to let me know that my entree would arrive soon. Dinner was a huge bummer.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nagoya1, Owner at Nagoya Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We are truly sorry to hear of your experience at Nagoya. You are absolutely correct, a one hour wait for your entrée is unacceptable and is most certainly not the norm at our restaurant. We would like to make it up to you if you would give us the opportunity? Please email me directly at Barbara@nagoyaohio.com. Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Denver, CO
“Decent food with good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had dinner at Nagoya with a coworker and had a decent meal. We started with the calamari and a Nagoya roll, both of which were good. For the main entree, I had the avocado salad. While it is a simple salad, the avocado was ripe and the combination worked very well. My colleague had the shrimp tempura, which had a good presentation and he praised it highly. Our waiter was kind and not pushy. In the event of returning to this region, I may decide to try more of the options of Nagoya. It is located nearby the Hilton Garden Inn, which makes it all very simple.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere