Let me start by saying we actually stayed here for a convention in Detroit. Why? Because apparently the state of MI no longer welcomes smokers and I personally wont’ stay at a hotel that wants me to stand on a street corner at night to have a cigarette, especially in Detroit where the crime rate is so high. It was only about an hour drive but well worth it to be able to relax in my hotel room at night. Put the smokers in a different section with a separate ventilation system vs. banning them from what they enjoy and do you really believe people that smoke illegal substances are following the rules? I highly doubt it. And then I had to wonder why MI is so concerned about quality of air when all I saw were numerous factories blowing chemicals and toxins into the air at massive rates, buildings crumbling to the ground which I’m sure full of asbestos yet cigarette smoke is the concern? Honestly sometimes I think the world has gone nuts.
So off my soapbox and to the hotel. I saw an earlier review that in 2009 it was brand new so their GPS could not find it but that has not changed. My GPS is about 3 months old and could not find the street, hotel or zip code. I had to pull out the PDA and use MapQuest. The hotel sits at the end of long road beside a Holiday Inn Express on Freemont so if your GPS does not work use that location. Upon arriving I was greeted by a very nice young man that checked me in. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. My only complaint was the elevator. When it stops on the 3rd floor the brakes vibrate and shakes the elevator quite a bit, I could have done without that.
The room is very nice, I have included pictures. It’s the typical design I see at any Candlewood Suite Queen Bed room. They offer you a variety of pillows, feather etc if you don’t like those in the room. The bathroom was very nice with working drawers which I really liked to store away toiletries. The water was hot but the pressure is very low. It comes of course with a full kitchen, dining table, flat screen TV with cable. The bed was medium, a little firm for me but comfortable enough. The windows open a bit which is always a plus for me when the weather is nice. Perrysburg OH is a very nice and the historical area was lovely. I felt completely safe the entire time I was here. There are numerous restaurants, grocery stores, almost anything you could want in the immediate area. I will definitely stay here next year when we return to Detroit. In a way I have to thank the state of MI because I would have never sought out Perrysburg OH and found out I like it much better than staying in downtown Detroit. The price difference between the two hotels $81.00 Perrysburg and $150.00 Detroit more than made the drive worth it to us as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Candlewood Suites Perrysburg Ohio is the area s newest all suite hotel conveniently located at the intersection of I-75 & US 20. If Perrysburg is your destination for business or pleasure our hotel is located near several of the areas biggest attractions including The University of Toledo, Bowling Green State University, Toledo Zoo, Mud Hens Stadium, Levis Commons, The Shoppes at Fallen Timbers and the Toledo Museum of Art . We are also conveniently located only 10 miles from downtown Toledo and the areas major airport hub Toledo Express (TOL) and Detroit Metro (DTW) Each spacious suite has a fully equipped kitchen and free high-speed Internet access . Check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the comfortable recliner while you enjoy the CD & DVD players. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit the Candlewood Cupboard where you can pick a variety of foods, beverages and even toiletry items. Whether your trip is for business or pleasure Stay with the Best at the Candlewood Suites, Perrysburg OH! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Candlewood Suites Perrysburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Perrysburg Hotel Perrysburg
- Candlewood Suites Perrysburg Ohio