“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Perrysburg
Aiken, United States
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was not offered the Bed & Breakfast plan when I booked my room online, but hte GM made sure that I received complimentary breakfast both monrings of my stay (wihtout me having to ask). Tremendous service, clean and quiet rooms, local shopping & restaurants all make for an excellent experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

izzet s, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Candace,

Thank you taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay here at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/Perrysburg on Trip Advisor.

Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/Perrysburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
MADISON, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Highly recommended! Everything from the comfort of the beds to friendliness of the bartender was great. Good parking, many nearby restaurants to choose from. I wish it had an outdoor pool but found from the staff that the community pool was only 10 minutes away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear, Carrie,

Randolph, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The VFW Lades Auxiliary held their state convention here. The hotel is really nice. Very new looking. It's located in a new trending area that you drive through to get to the hotel. Lots of shops and eating places within walking distance. The Veterans held their convention at another hotel about 4 miles away. A shuttle was provided since many functions, for the ladies to attend, were at the veteran's hotel. But the shuttle was only during certain hours, not all day, as we have had in the past at other hotels for convention.
The hotel rooms were very nice and clean. Seven floors of rooms. Ours was very quiet but that might have been since it was at the end of the hall. The beds were very comfortable. I noticed an adjustment that I assume meant it was for controlling the air to make the bed softer or firmer. I didn't mess with it. The bed was fine the way it was. Nice soft towels in the bathroom and all the usual amenities. Microwave and fridge in all the rooms.
There was a fitness room with some workout machines. The pool was nice and whirlpool, too!
There is a small restaurant for breakfast but that's all. If you want dinner, you have to go out. Room service is provided by a close-by restaurant.
The ballroom was great for our meetings since we had more than 350 ladies in attendance. We did have a noise problem since there was a company conference in the room next to us with just the usual room divider between us. We do much cheering for all the awards for the end of the year programs we do and we were disturbing the conference next door. Maybe they shouldn't have scheduled that company conference during our convention. lol
I had a couple problems in my room and reported it to the front desk a couple days before checking out(we were there 4 nights). The sink stopper handle would not stay up when lifting it. I had to wedge it up to keep the drain closed so I could rinse my contacts. The other problem was the fridge. It was too cold. I turned towards the warmest setting, but my water had already frozen. I turned it completely off for a while, but when I turned it back on, same thing. This time everything froze...my yogurt, cherries, juice. I tried turning it off again, but now the dial was broken and wouldn't click off. I told the girl at the desk during checkout and got the usual apology and offer of some snacks and drinks for the ride home. I said, "how about a discount since I told the guy two days ago and he said he would fix the problems". She knocked one night off my bill after all there is a sign on the counter that says, "if not satisfied, you don't pay".
I was keeping track of what I wanted to write on TripAdvisor about the room and writing it on the notepad that was provided. On the third day, the housekeeper took my notes and wrote a thank you note. I don't know if she turned my notes in(front desk did not have them) or kept them herself, but I don't feel she had any right to remove them.
Most hotels lock doors to the outside after a certain time at night with access by card only. I had a big problem with the rear door from the parking lot not being locked at night. We came in around 11 PM and the doors opened automatically. I went straight to the desk and they said they are open all night. Well, the elevators to all floors are right inside that back door. Anyone could come in and head upstairs and not go past the front desk. The next night, the doors were locked, the card reader wasn't working, you pushed a button and the front desk opened the door whether they knew who you were or not. They said they had other complaints too, so they locked the door and were getting the card reader fixed. Sounds like shaky security to me.
All in all, the hotel is lovely and I would stay there again or recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear dcvanz,

Thank you taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/Perrysburg on Trip Advisor. It was such a pleasure to have the privilege of hosting such a prestigious event. We have received many positive feedback from all attendees of the VFW Auxiliary Ladies. We are thrilled with the idea that we will get chance to host next year’s event as well.

I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the futures hotel and the surrounding area offers. Having to travel only 4 miles away where the veterans meet made it even more convenient for everyone that had to travel back and forth with provided shuttle throughout the conference. We understand the importance of these meeting we are proud to be part of it.

In terms of your concern regarding the back door security; Please be assured that we never take our guests safety and security lightly. All our entrances are monitored 24/7 and security personal patrols the area at all times of the day and night. Additionally local authorities also very present in the area where hotel is located to maintain their reputation as one of the lowest crime areas of the northwest Ohio.

We sincerely appreciate your comments and will share it with our staff so they too are aware of your concerns.

Once again thank you for the post and looking forward to be at your service in near future.

Hilton Garden Inn
Toledo/Perrysburg
6165 Levis Commons Blvd
Perrysburg,OH 43551
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed there just one night- but everything was lovely. The fitness room was small but clean and enough equipment for a good work out. The next morning we had a very nice breakfast. I would definitely recommend it! Mtscalzo

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

izzet s, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are glad to find out that you enjoyed our location and everything from dining to entertainment it has to offer and more importantly all within walking distance. We also noted that you found our rooms clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and accommodating. Our Garden Sleep System beds are the best in industry and we are proud to offer them throughout the hotel. Our Precor certified fitness room equipped with state of the art fitness equipment is designed to satisfy any and all users

Our famous award winning breakfast always popular among our guests and our local clienteles. It is an excellent value and everything prepared on site with fresh ingredients.

Here at the Hilton Garden inn Toledo/Perrysburg, staff and management strives everyday to provide best hospitality and a memorable stay for our guests. We are happy that your stay was great and we hope that you will allow us to have the privilege of serving you again in near future.

Sincerely.

Portsmouth, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Bedding should have been changed after three days without having to ask. Hallway noise was loud on friday and saturday nights. Parking lot floods during heavy rain and lot was full, resulting in long walks to door from vehicle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kurt C,

We are terribly sorry to hear that your experience while guest here wasn’t so great. Your feedback mentions about not receiving a housekeeping service all three days you were here. Our housekeeping department services each room daily to refresh all linen and towels. The only time they don’t do that is when there is a DND sign (Do Not Disturb) hanging out at the door. We do respect and honor our guests request for privacy and do not enter the room. We also noted that you found our hallways noisy and loud. We have gone back and review our records but couldn’t find any other reporting of noise of any sort by any of our guests.

Regarding your comment for the parking lot being flooded; The date the flooding accrued was a day where Perrysburg had a record breaking downpour. The National weather center issued tornado warnings for the immediate area where hotel is located. We, at the hotel execute our emergency evacuation plan to secure all of our guests safety. The day of flooding of the parking lot you are referring to on your post, Perrysburg got 1.43” of rain in less than an hour and was an extreme conditions rather than norm. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience rain caused with flooding of our parking lot that less half an hour and as for the parking we offer complimentary parking on a first come first basis.

Sincerely.

Bennington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My son and I stayed at the HGI and had a very comfortable stay. I travel from the New England to the Midwest about 12 time per year. I will usually stay here if there is a room available. I drive all day and the beds at the HGIs are great. I arrive a bit stiff and when I wake up, I feel great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sherry K,,

Ft Wayne, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

wonderful experience, beautiful accomodations, nice settings for the hotel, and the catering for my granddaughter"s wedding reception was perfect., reservations for the wedding reception was done very professional..servers were very friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Loraine H,

Thank you for taking the time and post a review on Trip Adviser site regarding your recent stay here at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/ Perrysburg.

On behalf of staff and management we would like to congratulate your ground daughter on her marriage and we wish them happiness always. We appreciate the trust you put upon us and allow us to have the privilege of hosting their most important day of their life.

We are thrilled to find out that you had an excellent experience and enjoy the amenities our hotel offered including the surrounding area with lots of different restaurants and upscale shopping. Our event center is very popular for wide variety of events including weddings. Our highly train staff has the best reputation in the area to provide memorable experience for all attendees. We thank you for recognizing their efforts enough to mention on your post.

Our staff and management strives everyday to provide best hospitality and a memorable stay for our guests and to do so we need our valued guest’s comments. We will share your feed back with our entire team so they get to know that that their hard work is noticed and appreciated.

Once again thank you for the post and looking forward to serve you again in near future.

Sincerely

Izzet Sozeri
Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/Perrysburg

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg? Share your experiences!