“Great hotel for a wedding weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Bed N Breakfast Deal
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Perrysburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Evansville, Indiana, United States
“Great hotel for a wedding weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel looks and smells new and is well decorated, with lovely Chihuly-inspired and other pieces of colorful, modern glass throughout. There is a large bar/restaurant near the front of the hotel. I believe it has 7 floors, total. There are an ample number of large banquet/ballroom and conference rooms in hallways that are set away quietly from the rest of the hotel itself.

Our room was a two-King room for 3 and included a fridge, microwave and the obligatory coffee maker, iron, ironing board and a massive LED HDTV. An excellent desk and desk chair plus lots of hook-ups made it easy to get online. They gave us a password at the front desk to use WiFI and the connection was both good and fast.

The beds were too die for. Each bed was adjustable with a knob on the side. I turned mine all the way to SOFT and within 2-5 minutes, the full adjustment had been made and I was in/on heaven. Could have used more plugs on the nightstand in between the beds, I had to unplug the alarm clock to get a power outlet for my laptop.

I loved the rainfall showerhead and the curved shower rod, giving an expansive feel to the otherwise nondescript bathroom, with moderate amenities, nothing to write home about and no big bath towels, which would have been a nice touch.

Bedding-wise, the bed linens were clean, smelled fresh and were very soft. At least 4 or 5 pillows of varying lofts came with the bed.

The swimming pool and spa area appeared clean and was deserted on a Friday afternoon, so we adults did cannonballs (probably on surveillance cameras) and soaked in the NOT HOT ENOUGH spa. The pool water, however, was perfect. There's a standard-issue fitness center with a tv in it and both fitness center and pool have extra towels.

The "Sundry" Shop left a lot to be desired and was ridiculously priced, as is to be expected. I spent $2 for a single packet of two, count them 2 TUMS. RIP OFF.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating and we appreciated tha fact that our housekeeper spoke English.

This hotel is located within an upscale shopping and eating district called Nevis Commons, which is apparently the ONLY thing going on for miles. There's a big movie theater, some excellent restaurants and bars, an ATT store, what appeared to be either apartments or condos, a nail salon, and the obligatory Talbot-type stores for the upscale women of Perrysburg, OH.

Easy on/off I-270 bypass, I would recommend this hotel either for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: You have to pay for breakfast and for a hotel charging THIS MUCH, it should be included.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ISozeri, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Hello Kimberly,

Thank you very much for your feed back on trip Advisor. I am glad that you liked the hotel and the surrounding area. We appreciate hearing from our guests and take the comments seriously. Each and every comment we receive allows us serve you, our guests better.

We would welcome the priviledge serving you again in near future.

Have a great day.

Izzet Sozeri
Hilton Garden Inn Toledo/Perrysburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I guess this is a fairly new hotel as it was very clean. Not just clean by maids but it was very new looking which is always a plus. I did not eat at the hotel so unfortunately I can not provide that type of guidance, but I enjoyed this area because it was in walking distance of a nice shopping area and many restaurants. The beds were nice because you can adjust the firmness/softness. I need a soft mattress and for the first time staying in many hotels I did not wake up with a sore back. It had not been my first choice but during this weekend the closest hotels were booked for college move-ins AND a monster truck rally. I have stayed in the Hampton closer to Bowling Green and it does not compare to this Hilton. My only complaint was the shower/tub in my room. Either it drains very slowly or the because the water comes out of both the shower and faucet, the tub quickly fills and its almost as if you are taking a shower and standing in a deep puddle. I did make sure I had not closed the drain several times just to make sure it was not my incompetence. I did not have much contact with the staff, just during check-in and check-out, so I can not rate them

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your glowing remarks about our clean hotel and great amenities. We apologize for the plumbing issues you experienced and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. Thank you for alerting us to this problem and we hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have to agree with some of the reviews for this hotel - new, clean, good amenities, and well presented. For someone that stays 50+ nights a year in hotel rooms, mostly in Hilton hotel rooms, this is not anything unusual. I guess the brand has pretty tight design and quality control. What is a toss up is often the location. The location here is pretty good. The one down side was the undercooked, poorly presented dinner I received at my room. Come on guys, don't let the hotel down by doing a sloppy job in the kitchen!

Room Tip: May want to check out the other options for dinner
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dan G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel and restaurant. We appreciate the positive feedback about your stay but understand that you were disappointed with your entrée. I have brought your comment to our room service team and we are actively reworking our offerings with your recommendations in mind. The next time you are in area we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback. Thank you once again for your comments.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn at Perrysburg, Ohio, is a terrific spot for business people stuck in hotels 100 nights a year. The hotel was opened just a few years ago and is clean and quiet with a helpful and friendly staff. It is located in Levis Commons, an outdoor shopping and entertainment area with many options for entertainment within walking distance. There is also a corporate headquarters behind the hotel where you can jog in peace with very little traffic to worry about.

Room Tip: Book in advance as the HGI sells out many Mon through Wed nights.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Although there's only a few, I am still surprised by the negative reviews. I am all about modern clean rooms and for this level of accommodation you can't beat the value of this hotel: brand new, very clean, nicely decorated, spacious lobby with bar/lounge, large breakfast buffet with made to order items. Employees super nice and helpful. Good pool Located in a terrific outdoor shopping area.

Some reviewers complained about the beds but I didn't use the sleep number adjustments and I still thought the beds were fine. Noise not an issue. Busy place yes but that's because it's so nice! I've paid a lot more to stay at hotels not nearly as nice. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
Erie, Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This Hilton Garden Inn is a very modern property in a great location. Very inviting lobby and comfortable rooms. Everything was very clean. It's at the end of an outdoor shopping facility, which doesn't have a lot of shops, but enough to keep you entertained if you have a little time to kill. There are also a coupel of restaraunts on site and great new frozen yogurt place that was delicious. We didn't use the pool, so I can't comment on that. They have a nice breakfast that you have to pay for, but the continental option is in line with McDonalds - not any more expensive and probably healthier anyway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The only negative we had had was that our sleep comfort bed didn't seem to work. Nothing major and certainely not a reason I wouldn't book there again in the future. The area is super nice and very convenient.

Room Tip: Get the breakfast it was worth the $9.95! Service all around was excellant!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg? Share your experiences!