“Older property, but they try their best” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Perrysburg
Reno, Nevada
“Older property, but they try their best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Given the area is limited on hotels,I chose this one because I had business in the area and I am a Platinum member with HI. OK, yes it' s definitely a reconstituted property, and yes the lobby still smells of stale cigarettes, but the small rooms are clean and the staff was very nice. It's not perfect, but considering the property they have to work with, it's as good as i expected to find. I will stay there again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
bennettenterprise, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perrysburg, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for your review on our hotel. We appreciate that you notice how hard our staff works to accommodate our guest. Our hotel is older; we continue to improve and renovate it to meet the needs of our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay at our property and hope you will continue to stay with us when you are in the Perrysburg area.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Milwaukee, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Dear Holiday Inn Express in Perrysburg, OH:
I had a very short stay at your hotel when passing through OH, & it was quite possibly the worst hotel experience I've had in a very long time; dare I say ever? I booked in advance through orbitz.com & chose your hotel because it was reviewed as "a family-friendly place" with a great pool. I was traveling alone with my 9 year old son & those were 2 key qualities I was looking for in a hotel, not to mention clean & safe, which should go without saying...your building is old & smells like cigarette smoke as soon as you walk in the front door (maybe that's the "quaint" quality you boast in your FB page?) & it smells throughout the facility. The pool is big & my son enjoyed that. The rooms are small & dark, and the walls are thin and we spent the night listening to people run the halls, yell to each other, etc. I was hoping things would settle down, but had enough when @ 11:00pm our next door neighbors decided to start round 3 of very loud sex to the point at which my 9 year old asked me what was going on over there (yeah, awkward...). I had to pack us up & pay for a much quieter, cleaner hotel down the road. Upon checking out I was apologized to, and was told the clerk would write a "real long note to the manager." But no indication of if/how this would be resolved from my perspective.
I realize you have to be wary of booking hotels online, but this is blatant false advertisement. I chose this hotel because I wanted a fun, safe, clean place to stay with my 9 year old child while traveling a long distance on my own; I received none of that. I should've put the cost of paying for 2 hotel rooms toward a night at a big waterpark or high end hotel. Thanks for the craptacular experience Orbitz.com & Holiday Inn Express Perrysburg, OH. I will not be visiting your establishment or website again & will go out of my way to make the same recommendation to anyone who asks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
bennettenterprise, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perrysburg, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay with us. We use any feedback, both positive and negative, to improve our staff and hotel for future guests.

I apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectation for being clean, safe, and family friendly. We have forwarded you comments each department so they correct the all the problems you encountered during your stay with us. to I am sorry that for all the issues you experienced during you stay with us and would like to talk to you personally about them. If you could email me at hiexpress.tolfp@gmail.com so that we can talk in depth about your stay and rectify this issue.

I hope to hear from you soon and hope that we can restore your confidence in our hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I love this place, great check in, clean cozy room, wonderful breakfast and if you need anything at anytime they will bring it to you! Free movie and water, yes please:) and if that wasn't enough they have the absolute best and friendly staff!! 100% will go back!

• Stayed March 2013
bennettenterprise, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perrysburg, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and everything about our hotel satisfied your needs. We will pass along the kind words to our staff and make sure they see how their hard work is paying off! Again, thank your for your kind words and hope you choose to stay with us next time you are in Perrysburg.

Dundee, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The family and I have stayed here several times. If you are a rewards member you get great perks here. The pool is always clean. The rooms are spotless and the staff is super friendly. With your rewards membership you get a free movie rental, cookies, water, and a free appetizer across the street. Good place for weekend get away to beat the winter blues.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
bennettenterprise, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perrysburg, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear DanL48131,

Thank you very much for the review and wonderful comments. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff works extremely hard to make sure all of our guests are satisfied and their needs are taken care of. We will pass along your comments to our staff so they can see the results of their hard work. Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Perrysburg area.

Lititz, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a great Holiday Inn Express. The lobby and breakast room were amazing. There are also 2 libraries that double as meeting rooms. Really neat to see. The pool area was huge and warm! The fitness center is small but ok. The breakfast was good and the breakfast staff was great. The rooms could use a bit of an upgrade. The bathroom was very small. Interestingly there is no elevator in this hotel yet there is a ramp on the second floor!

good place for families with kids.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
bennettenterprise, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perrysburg, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate any and all feedback our guests give us; as we use it to improve our hotels for our future guests. We are excited that you enjoyed our breakfast. It is great to hear that you were delighted by our breakfast staff as well, they work extremely hard to ensure each guest is satisfied with our breakfast. We will share your comments with them so they know their hard work is paying off!

Our hotel is older and we are working and continue to work on updating our rooms for our guests. We also don't have an elevator and work hard to accommodate our guests needs for floor preference. As you mentioned our hotel does have a big pool area and breakfast area which our guests really enjoy when they stay with us.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the Perrysburg area!

Brooklyn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We meant to book a room at the French Quarters, but because they were full for Valentines Day weekend so we stayed at Holiday Inn Express. When you walk in, they have complimentary bottled waters, coffee, hot chocolate and muffins--what a nice touch! Their customer service was great. We ordered a rollaway bed, they didn't charge us for it (I'm not sure if most hotels do or don't, but we were impressed!) Our room was clean. They not only have a hot tub and pool, but a workout facility that my mom and I utilized. The continental breakfast is great! Sausage links, biscuits and gravy, cheese omelets, pancake machine (you push a button and a pancake comes out the other end after being cooked), fruit, yogurt, toast, English muffins, coffee, milk, juice----FOR FREE!! You save going out to a restaurant and spending on average $7/person plus tip. If you subtract that cost alone from your nightly stay, you realize how much $$$ you save staying here.

If you want a clean, affordable place to stay, this is for you! We will return if in the area!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
bennettenterprise, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perrysburg, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Kelsey H.,

Thank you so much for your great feedback and wonderful comments. We are all so happy that you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with my staff. It is so gratifying to hear what a great experience you and your family had at our hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Gerrie Hayes
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised.

Pros: Clean room, comfortable beds, very good water pressure, very good hot or cold free breakfast (eggs, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, muffins, doughnuts, cereals, bananas), nice pool/hot tub area, nice exercise area, free wifi, friendly helpful staff.

Cons: The hotel is enormous and we were in the farthest wing from the lobby. Our room and wing was fine, but we had to walk through smoking room hallways to get to the lobby, the smell of which got old after the first time, plus it was a long trek. I'd recommend asking to stay closer to the lobby, away from that hallway. Although, access to the pool was in our wing, so you'd have to pass through the smoking wing to get to that.

The one con did not outwieght all the pros and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
bennettenterprise, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perrysburg, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at our property. We value any and all feedback from our guests and use it to make us better as a hotel. We are delighted to hear that you were very satisfied and pleasantly surprised with our hotel. Our staff works extremely hard to make sure that our hotel and facilities meet the needs of our guests, and it is great to hear that our hard work is paying off.

Thank you for your constructive criticism regarding our hotel as well as the positive. We are in the process of converting to a non-smoking property and we hope to fix the issue of the smoky halls in the near future. We understand that with our property being so spread out, our guests have to walk through the smoking section to get to the pool or the lobby; and we work hard to make sure this isn't an issue for our guests. It is something that we work hard to improve upon until we are completely a non-smoking property.

We appreciate you choosing to stay at our hotel while in the Perrysburg area and hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

Guest Service Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Perrysburg? Share your experiences!