“DONT EVEN ENTER RECEPTION” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Inn Perrysburg

You added Regency Inn Perrysburg to your Saves list
Regency Inn Perrysburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3484 Hanley Road, Perrysburg, OH 43551 (Formerly Vista Inn Express Perrysburg)   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Perrysburg
Toledo, Ohio
“DONT EVEN ENTER RECEPTION”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Only time a leave a review on a hotel is when I'm really ticked off about them, this is my second review and I've been visiting many hotels recently.
I have uploaded 3 photos to support what I'm saying, 1 the blizzard that night of the hotel it's self and my girlfriend with her back pack, 2 no solicitors sign and 3 the form.
Wouldn't be surprised of they are removed later.
I walked in off a snow blizzard night, only 20 mins ago, I'm not wasting any time writing this review, (11/11/13 21.00), the first thing I noticed before walking in the door was "no solicitors" so obviously I was immediately concerned.
Soon as I walked in I felt like we we're being judged. We're campers, had the big bag on backs, tent etc.
He looked at us like we'd just walked in and pissed on his floor. Two Asian guys it was, only one, the bigger one who spoke to us.
We asked for a room for two for the night,he began questioning. Firstly it was "have you got any pets, cats dogs". Clearly we hadn't. We said no with a smile at first, but he continued to stare at us as though we were lying so I had a joke with him, said "yeah just a dog in the bag". He continued to just stare with his look of disgust.
I then made it clear "no! We do not have any pets." He then began to lecture me telling me that travellers like us sometimes sneak pets in, as if we we the same as everyone else who tried it before, still insistent that we may have a pet. He also began asking us inappropriate questions like how we got there, did we walk, who took us here I told my girlfriend eventually as she was answering him "don't answer any if that, it's none of his business!", the whole time my girlfriend is BURSTING for the toilet which of course when we asked about during his investigation into us he said very swiftly "no!" And continued to question.
At one point I asked him "can I ask you a question, why does it say on your front door "no solicitors"", he stumbled to answer my question then said something along the lines of " cause we don't want people coming in giving us hassle" so on and so forth.
It gets better...
After all that said we finally got round to paying a room (which by this time I really didn't want to stay had it not been for my girlfriend needing to pee and no other facility's near by).
When my girlfriend was given a form to sign she did it quickly without reading, of course I'm very suspicious of these people by now so I took a photo of it to read later then he said, stapling the receipt to the signed agreement, "you will get the receipt in the morning when you check out". Apparently she was already given some sort of receipt which I never noticed at first.
When I said I'll take a photo of it, I kid you not he said "[--] off,no!"
When I asked why not he tried to tell me it was ILLEGAL to take a photo of our receipt.
So I had it out with him then just said "ok, just give me the key to the room and we'll go"
At this point he said "no, I'll refund you" and wouldn't give us a room, which I was all too happy with but my girlfriend was fuming unable to hold the toilet any longer.
Then I properly let him have a piece of my mind not needing to hold back any longer.
I reckon if we stayed in that hotel we would have ended up robbed through our credit cards or something really wrong happening.
thank god we never stayed there.
Honestly this place really isn't worth it.
just across the road is a hotel for literally about $5 more called "super 8".
We walked in there afterwards to see in nice lady, walked in, paid, and were on our way the room with 2 mins.
Learn from my experience, these people at the regency inn do not give two [--] about you the customer, never known anything like it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fort Wayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

It is a nice family run where I am always warmly greeted. Clean and nice and close to the Ohio Turnpike. On my recent stay shampoo and conditioner samples were provided, and a big supply of clean towels and pillows.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

we stayed at Regency Inn one night coming back from IL on our way to home NY, the room was very nice and beds were comfortable, lots of tv channels,bathroom were looked like new, the night and next morning staff displayed a welcoming friendly attitude, with the price and cleanliness of room we would stay here again if back in area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Westfield, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have stayed overnight at the Regency Inn half a dozen times over the last several years. It is a modest family-run property where I am always warmly greeted. Nothing fancy, but it is clean and close to the Ohio Turnpike and an excellent value. On my recent stay shampoo and conditioner samples were provided, and I was grateful to have a working mini-fridge. I recently stayed at an updated Motel 6 in eastern Ohio with neither of these amenities, and paid significantly more. For those of us just looking to crash, gas up, and grab a quick and simple meal (a Denny's and Iron Skillet are very close, many truckers frequent this area), it is a great place to know about!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Fort Wayne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Regency Inn in Perrysburg is a very quaint nice Hotel. The staff is very friendly and if you don't know your way around Perrysburg they will help you. There is a lot of shopping and great resteraunts very close too. The rooms are large and clean!

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Well I stayed here while one of my best friends Marriage, we got double beds room, everything in room appeared clean and nice. In my opinion it was a room to spent night. it smelled like fresh air. bathroom was very clean and seem new, also towels, Bed sheets looked like brand new, we had hot coffee in the morning but did not took breakfast because I was already late to marriage and I did not find any complain about this hotel, People at front desk were very helpful.

Room Tip: No Complains, everything is great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Coralville, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had been in Regency Inn Perrysburg. If you are running out of money to stay a place nicer, you can go there. Its really cheap compare to pricing of other low class motels. Also, you can "ONLY" be able to sleep there if you are really really tired. The Air Conditioned system is worse of all. I had to wake up twice to turn on and off the AC, cause it was not automatic. Carpets probably is not being cleaned for last five years. My kids and me went to bathroom to clean our feet and literally mud was coming out from our feet. Towels were not enough. But still its just a motel which is supercheap. If you 'JUST" scared of staying outside and drive in highway, you can go there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Regency Inn Perrysburg? Share your experiences!