“Good Points, Sometimes Old Fashioned” 4 of 5 stars

Quail Hollow Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   11080 Concord-Hambden Road, Painesville, OH 44077   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Painesville
Medina, Ohio
“Good Points, Sometimes Old Fashioned”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

For the price we paid on Priceline, I won't complain. Too much.

Yes - the lobby looks extravagant. Yes - the pool and spa are good, free entertainment. Yes - the beds and pillows are fluffy and luxurious. But, there's a few things I would work on immediately:

A) For the price, c'mon on. There should be at least a small continental breakfast w/ juice, muffins, etc.

B) The tv flat out is a mess. Hit the "channel up" button and it takes the tv 10 seconds to respond. And the one news channel I wanted to watch had no sound. PPV movies are SIXTEEN dollars. Hello!!

C) Customer service/front desk is lacking friendliess. Upon check-in I am the one who had to say hello first. Another time, a clerk was short with me. And to top it all off, our key cards were not programmed for two days. Just one. So, after a longggg walk to our room. Surprise!!!! Our key cards do NOT work. That was fun. And another time, a clerk scolded my husband to bring the cart back in a rude tone. So, three out of three clerks had major attitude issues.

D) The room had no fridge. Just majorly inconvenient especially when we had an expensive meal in their own Lounge.

And bring cash. A 20 oz Coke in the vending is $2.00. I learned my lesson and quickly drove to a gas station 1 minute away to buy a 2-liter.

The End.

Room Tip: I would ask for Ground floor, close to the pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Metoer1962, thank you for your positive comments concerning the lobby, pool, spa and bedding. We also value feedback and strive to exceed every guest’s expectations. Your service concerns have also been addressed by our management team and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Thank you again for your Trip Advisor comments, feedback like yours allows us to improve our resort for the enjoyment of all guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I did find out that when I called to reserve a specific room, that is not the case. The day I was to check in my daughter was in labor. I called the hotel and was assured that my room would be held. I spe I fiscal,y stated that I was handicapped and needed a room with 2queen beds right off of the catwalk upstairs. When I checked in that night I was given a room clear at the other end of the hotel making it impossible for me to walk that distance. I was told there were no more rooms. When my friend brought our bags & my crutches in somehow a closer room with a king size bed appeared. Still a big inconvenience. If I had been alone I would have left and gone home. The facility is beautiful. The way they make reservations stinks. It's really 1st come 1st serve. But they don't tell you that. Very disappointing when you are handicapped.

Room Tip: They're all pretty great
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for choosing Quail Hollow Resort for your Women’s Weekend Getaway. I’m glad to see that over all you enjoyed your stay. However, I’m disappointed that you were not happy with your room type accommodations. Please know that we do have multiple types of handicap accessible rooms located at both ends of the building, for easy access from both entrances. I do apologize if the location of the room or the room type was misleading at the time of making your reservation, this is never our intention. It is our job to be hospitable and efficient at all times and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you at check in. We hope that we will have another opportunity to show you what we have to offer as we are certain our standards will live up to your highest expectations.
Nottingham, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

No idea but struggled for something original to say about the hotel. Its...decent. The lobby is very large and grand with an air of a country lodge. The rooms are average-sized and are what you would normally expect from a US resort hotel with two good sized beds, plenty of space, large TV, clean, ubiquitous noisy wall-mounted air con/heater, well stocked bathroom etc. WiFi internet was free to use which I like when hotels offer that and the shower was excellent. Had several great nights of sleep as well so bed was obviously comfortable. I was staying here for a business meeting so had no opportunity to enjoy too many of the facilities. However I had a couple of great steaks in the restaurant and I have to give a big shout out to one of the barmaids who perched precariously on one leg on top of a stool to retrieve a bottle of Great Lakes' Edmund Fitzgerald porter that hadn't been in the chiller. The only other 'service' to ever come close was in Spartanburg South Carolina where a barmaid warmed a bottle of EF porter that had been in the chiller between her breasts until it was at perfect drinking temperature; had I not already been married I would have proposed right there and then. Back to Quail Hollow though. The front-desk staff were great as well, helping me to get an important document printed in the business centre.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take pride in our customer service and attention to customer detail. I apologize that you had an issue with the heater and hope this did not cause you too much of an inconvenience during your stay. It was a pleasure to be part of your business travels and we hope you have the opportunity to experience more of our amenities the next time you are in our area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel apparently was host to a Hallway Racing event because that's what I got to listen to from my time of check-in (6pm) until about 11:30 that night. Door slamming and incessant laughing must have been events as well. Not one of the staff made any attempt to correct this situation and it occurred on the first floor, right above the lobby. It's too bad this happened because otherwise our room was clean, everything worked, and there were no other problems.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for choosing Quail Hollow Resort. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed you room and the hotel amenities. We did have a few larger groups staying with us. Please accept my apologies for the noise you experienced during your stay. I have addressed the issue of monitoring the halls for noise with the front desk and security staff. We hope this did not cause you too much of an inconvenience during your stay and that we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Mentor, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Though the resort is very nice, their recreational facilities are not good. Nice size pool but too chilly temperature wise to enjoy. When the weather outside is 32 degrees the pool needs to be warm. In doing research, I found most resorts keep their pools around 85 to 86 degrees. This pool feels like it is about 76 degrees. The work out room has broken equipment as well. Overall, unless they do some much needed repair on their work out equipment and turn up the heat, they will be losing their members.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We have addressed the pool temperature issue that you experienced with our maintenance department and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this caused during you stay. Please know the maintenance department does monitor the pool temperature and levels periodically throughout the day. All temperatures and levels are maintained to health department standards. The maintenance department has also been informed of the attention that is needed in the fitness room and will address as soon as possible. Once again, we thank you for your feedback and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future, as we are certain our service and amenities will exceed your expectations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

This was a great hotel experience. The lobby is very nice and the room we were in was very clean and in great shape. We had a great night sleep. No complaints at all. We also purchased our room on Priceline. I was a bit worried by some reviews but was very pleased with our experience. .

• Stayed November 2012
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased we exceeded your expectations. We hope you consider Quail Hollow Resort next time you are in the Cleveland area.
Welland, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Was going to Cleveland for a game and booked through Priceline. Not knowing until you pay is a risk but it definitely paid off this time as I ended up staying at the "Quail Holllow Resort". Very nice clean place with a good restaurant. Pool and rec area was a little bit of a jaunt to get to but did have indoor pool, hot tub, sauna and work out room (not that I used any of it!) Would recommend anyone heading htis way to use this hotel. May even come back for some golf as the course looked really nice too.

Room Tip: Ask for close to lobby if looking to use the recreational facilities.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do offer many special packages that include golf, spa services, and additional amenities. We hope that you will think of us again for your resort and package needs when in our area in the future. Please let us know if we can answer any questions regarding the packages. Once again, thank you for sharing your great experience on Tripadvisor.

Been to Quail Hollow Resort? Share your experiences!