“A Quality Chain” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Oxford, Ohio
“A Quality Chain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I don't normally review chain restaurants, but, since Larosa's is a locally owned chain, and one of my wife's favorite eateries for dine-in and delivery, I've decided to make an exception. Over the course of the last decade, I've certainly tasted enough of the menu to offer you, dear reader, an educated assesment of Larosa's quality.
Larosa's dining room in Oxford, Ohio is comfortable enough. It is clean, and rarely crowded, which is uncommon around dinner time in a college town. The lighting is dim, but not dark, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Delivery is timely, bordering on fast. My last order arrived in 25 minutes.
The menu has a variety of Italian dishes to offer. Among my favorites are the Roma pizza, the chicken alfredo pasta dish (add spicy sausage), the build-your-own calzones, and the garlic fries with cheese and bacon (best cheesy fries in town). My wife usually orders the Baked Royal Italian sub. If you are in the mood for something fried, try the chicken tenders. My wife and I are both partial to Larosa's breading.
Larosa's also offers frequent coupons and deals. As an online customer, it is commonplace to recieve coupon codes from Larosa's for significant discounts. One of Larosa's most overlooked, everyday deals is the Just Right Combo. Nearly every entree is offered in a smaller portion, however, the combo includes a salad or soup, and the price is unbeatable.
The only disappointing item that I've found on Larosa's menu has been the chicken wings. Thrice I have ordered them with the appetizer sampler, and thrice I have been dissatisfied. The clearly frozen meat seems undercooked and gelatinous, and the sauce suggests hints of amonia. Stick to the Italian menu, Larosa's.
Keep Larosa's in mind the next time you're looking for a comfortable dining experience and soulful Italian food away or at home. As chain restaurants go, Larosa's is one of the most personable.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Brookville, IN
“Great locally owned pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We always have great pizza here & it's reasonably priced. They have added an additional room which can handle large groups. Some nights they even have a live band.

Visited August 2012
Ohio
“Franchise down, franchise up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

As one outlet of a Cincinnati-based chain, this LaRosa's location has seen both bad and good days, largely (it appears) as a function of its franchisees. It even closed for a while after the former franchisees apparently gave up. Under its new owners (in summer 2012), it appears to be clicking again.

The menu is standard LaRosa's - mid-range Italian offerings. Our 12-year-old son lives and breathes their spaghetti. Their pizza is good (though, in my opinion, not the best in town - that honor belongs to SDS). This location is a frequent gathering place for kids' team get-togethers.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“100% improvement after new owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

New owners took over approx 1 year ago and REALLY improved every facet of this hometown favorite.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, Ohio
“Worst family dinner experience ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I am a college student and went to La Rosas when family came into town to visit. For starters they wiped the table off with a filthy cloth and when asking for a clean one to be used instead we were told it was their policy. The service started out horrible and did not get any better during the entire eating duration. Firstly, the waitress (called herself the shift leader or something) took a drink order and took atleast 15 minutes before we saw her again. We had to instead stop another waitress to place a secondary beverage order to get any drinks. Then after ordering with the "shift leader" again we waited at least 40 minutes for our appetizer and another 45 minutes for the actual food. If this was not bad enough we could not get any one to refill any beverages during the entire duration and when confronting other waitresses for refills we were only told "she has it covered, and they will be out shortly". When our waitress finally made a reappearance she brought us our food which was cold. We never got any refills even when asking again and one member of our party never was even given her order until we were about to leave since it was "on its way out" for the next 40 minutes. There was a few waitresses who apologized for their shift leader and said they would help if they could but were not allowed. Overall this was the worst dining experience I have ever undergone and was extremely embarrassed to take my family to such an establishment. We should have left when we witnessed the dirty rag being used to wipe off tables but instead stayed around to witness the poor service firsthand. The entire establishment appears to be more concerned about being social and talking among themselves then actually waiting on their customers. NEVER EAT HERE!!!

• Visited May 2011