“Overpriced and Uninspired” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 68 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Stella 12 Beech's head Chef Sean Bement uses his years of culinary experience to create unique Seasonal Menu's for the city of Oxford Ohio. Vegan, Vegetarian, and specialty request friendly. Open for Dinner 7 Days a week and Brunch/Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.
Madrid, Spain
“Overpriced and Uninspired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The restaurant was basically empty and yet the service was slow. Not off to a good start, despite a reservation. The bruschetta, while delicious, was way overpriced, as was the chopped salad. The chopped salad was pedestrian - twice the price of Panera ($14) for a regular salad. On the upside, the tuna Thai salad was a hit, despite the price.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

La Canada Flintridge, California
“family visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Small, but attractive with good selection of appetizers (mushroom caps grilled) and main courses. We found the full salads to be just what we wanted and the quality was fresh and well presented. This is certainly a spot we would dine at again when we visit the area.

good atmosphere and not just packed with students, but a clear level above normal eateries in the area.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Once again a great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Swinging back through Oxford with my daughter and a friend to check out the University I decided to go with the restaurant I know (not venturing out I know). Once again great food, good atmosphere and the waitstaff were perfect - there BUT not overbearing. I also like the fact you are not sitting on top of each other's tables.

I will be returning to Stella if this is the chosen College!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, NC
“Second time and still good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

For the second time in a few years, Stella impressed me on another business trip to Miami University. This small, comfortable and nicely decorated restaurant sports a very attractive bar with low seats for dining—clearly seating of choice for some people considering that they could have had a table on the night I was there. The food is upscale and oriented toward foodies, carefully designed and expertly cooked. I had a special—a filet with roasted new potatoes and an aoli reduction that was nicely presented and cooked to perfection. My colleagues had dishes equally well presented and cooked to their liking. The salad options for starters are few but terrific; I had the roasted asparagus with greens and my colleagues had the beet salad with gorgonzola and the Caesar salad—all were first-rate. We skipped desert, but I hazard to guess that the choices are good. There’s an good wine list by the bottle ranging from reasonable to very upscale ($200+). By the glass, the options were well chosen. Service was attentive and polished. There’s no question that this is one of the better higher-end restaurants in Oxford, whose choices lean toward the pizzerias and pubs popular with college students.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, Ohio
“What are you paying for?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I went to Stella with my girlfriend for a nice date. My experience there was less than par. The presentation was spot on, but taking a look around I noticed something rather odd. For all the raves it had why was no one in the restaraunts during peak hours on a Friday night? Our food came, I had the chili (soup de jour) and she had the salmon entrée. The chili had a good flavor and was hot, the salmon was presented very well. When I tasted the salmon, seeing it was $25 I was expecting it to be fresh, it tasted as if it were frozen and not fresh. All-in-all with tip our total was $60 for 2 people with only one entrée. I understand why people aren't pouring into the restaraunt during peak hours. The food is extremely over priced for the quality your getting. I can go to Kroger and get the same meal we had for under $15. If quality is what your looking for dine somewhere different; if presentation is what your looking for and wanting to pay for enjoy your dining experience. I'd rather pay for fresh quality food for $60 than fluffed up presentation. Very unhappy with my experience.

• Visited November 2013