“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I got the ribs and the wife got the brisket sandwich. The ribs were tender and the bbq sauce made it taste great. The wife loved the brisket and you get large servings. Have been there for lunch and get a great meal and drink for $6 ( under $20 for two with tip).I think that's a pretty good value.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fort Wayne
“BBQ Joint Worth the Detour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We recent drove from Cincinnati to Indiana on state roads instead of interstates on a whim. Our gamble paid off. In search of a BBQ joint, we came across the Smokin' Ox in Oxford, Ohio, home of Miami of Ohio University. We bellied up to the bar and were greeted by not only a friendly staff, but the owner himself (Shawn). Despite working nonstop all weekend (graduation parties), he was still upbeat and energetic enough to answer all of our numerous questions. All food and sauces are made in-house. The BBQ sauces were fabulous. They were all gluten-free as well. My favorite was the mustard sauce. Looking forward to stopping again soon.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, OH
“So disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I really wanted to like this place! I was surprised by the lack of seasoning on anything- especially the ribs. These ribs are served dry with sauces at the table - not my favorite to begin with - but there just was not one redeeming dish on the menu. I was there with a group of four, we all ordered varied things to share and experience. The group consensus was 'this is a miss - not a hit'. The only bright spot was the Texas rolls- those rocked.

Visited December 2012
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
“Good food,good time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I took my family of seven there. The service was good. The pulled pork is out of this world. The cornbread got a thumbs up from the kids.My wife was impressed with the dressings for the salad.
The dry rubbed wings were a nice change of pace from the standard Buffalo wings. We will definitely go back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, Ohio
“Pulled Pork Lover's Dream”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Their pulled pork is good, but that is about all that is good there. The environment isn't anything special-its good for something casual.

Visited April 2012