“It is people who make the difference” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Oxford
Washington
“It is people who make the difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is a review of the people, more than the facilities.

I was traveling back home. The night before I book a taxi to pick me up at the hotel with enough time to comfortable get to Dayton and have lunch before boarding. Ten minutes before the time the taxi was supposed to pick me up they called me and said they had a problem and can't do it. That's it. No solution.

I called other taxi companies and they said they didn't have any car available with such short notice. I was really concerned. I then asked Kim at the reception to help me with this. She immediately started calling for taxis, and trying to help me. I felt she was really trying to help me and she did! She found a person (Christina, from Oxford Limousine -she's also great by the way). And I finally got to the airport on time.

I travel for business a lot and my experience with people at the front desk is generally poor. They try to do the bare minimum. This was not the case here. Kim was really good, checking to make sure the car arrived on time. And even Michael, the manager, offered to help. Really good service. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

All in all the hotel was clean, the staff considerate, the rooms comfortable, The pool was closed fro renovations so boo, but the free breakfast was complete and plenty. Free WIFI. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel should have noted or posted that both their pool and hot tub would be closed for renovations. Pool and tub was primary reason I reserved this hotel over at least 4 others in the area. Beds are a little lumpy, but all in all rest of the hotel was a bit better than your average Comfort Inn. Still honesty is the best policy when repairs are scheduled.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I'm sitting in my room right now, having arrived last night, using the free wifi to write this review. Molly at the front desk was really helpful. The room is bigger than I expected, clean, and very comfortable. I slept like a brick. I just tried the breakfast, which included everything you'd expect from a continental breakfast as well as eggs and sausage. The only downside is the pool's closed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Celina, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We booked this hotel on Hotwire at the last minute, and it was very cheap so my family was very scared. It turned out to be a wonderful experience! We paid 1/4 of the regular price for this hotel, and it was just as nice as other hotels in the area. The manager is very generous and easy to work with. He only was there for a week but is really trying to restore the hotel. The room was clean and large enough to be comfortable. The full length mirror on the back of the bathroom door is a nice extra so that more than one person can get ready. The breakfast was a nice selection for the price. My room did not have a refrigerator or microwave as was described, so maybe this can be added in the future. Also, the outside door had a sign that said it was locked and could only be opened with a room key, but it opened to anyone. Maybe that can be fixed soon, too, so people feel safe. All in all, it was an excellent stay. Before you complain, talk to the manager. He will bend over backwards to make things right with you.

Room Tip: If you need a refrigerator and/ or microwave, please ask when you check in to make sure room has the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mariana B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Oxford, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel! We greatly appreciate your feedback! We are so very pleased that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel and the kinds words you had to say. We do plan to add microwaves and refrigerators to all the rooms and will have the back lock fixed before the days' end. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope to see you in the future for an even better stay!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Was expecting just a regular Comfort Inn experience, but got something a lot better. Staff was awesome, willing to help out with anything and all members were extremely welcoming. Room was outstanding, very clean. I give it an A+ and definitely will be staying there on my next visit.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We couldn't be happier that you had such a great stay! We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Taylorsville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I stated here based on previous experience at this property. Something(s) are wrong here, from talking with a couple of staff members "the home office" had a troubleshooter out here and recently got a new GM. He has some work ahead if him. Hot water takes forever to get to my second floor room. I suspect there is some issue with the circulator pump. Some other guests complained water was coming out of their ceiling during a rainstorm. Big pit of lint close to the front door where the driers exhaust. Morning guy on my first morning attired in a pulled out tee shirt and unbrushed hair had me concerned a street person was messing with stuff. A delivery of food came in while I was having breakfast, I never saw any if it being stored, just left in a stack. Other guests remarked about the orange and apple juice tasting funky and trashed theirs. Coffee station was out of sugar. No biscuits and gravy on the bar, just waffles. No microwave in room and only 700w in the breakfast area. Trees/bushes have a lot of dead wood in them, overhang the sidewalk and crowd you. One tree dropped plums on the sidewalk where they have remained for 3 days now. Bathroom has funky soap buildup. A/c and fridge work good. Wifi pretty solid. Limited tv channels. $90 is too much for this. I understand they also gouge like double for some "special events".

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Been to Comfort Inn Oxford? Share your experiences!