“Nope” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Oxford
York Harbor, Maine
“Nope”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Not a lot of choice. Parents weekend. Better than staying in Hamilton or Cincy, i guess.

Not a bad location. Quiet. Bit too far to walk to Uptown or campus, especially in rainy weather. Nothing around much around it either.

Front desk people were friendly and cheerful. Had some great rice krispie treats for a treat. Nice touch.

So a good first impression.

Then....

Got to the room. Opened the door. Got hit with a weird smell. Part stale, part cleaning solution, part who knows - smoking? Not revolting, but noticeable. Definitely noticeable. And not pleasant.

Room was dark. Even in the daylight with the shade up. The window is narrow, in the corner, and light blocked by the badly designed desk area. Turn on lights and deal. Not major, and nothing to look at anyway, but weird to be turning on lights in the middle of the day.

Room was big enough. Beds comfy.

But...

Bathroom fan noisy.

And - the worst part - not the cleanest tub i have ever seen. Needed a good scrubbing. Rest of the bathroom was ok, though a scrub brush could do some good.

Breakfast - which we skipped except to grab coffee to go - looked OK. Just OK, even a bit underwhelming.

Only alternative was at least 20 minutes away, more likely back in Cincy 45 minutes away. So we dealt with it.

Sadly, i cannot recommend this place. Nor will i be back. Many better alternatives in Oxford.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
davie fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I got this room on a secret hotel deal. When I saw the reviews I was really concerned about the negative things I saw. Boy was I surprised in a good way! The room was very clean and well appointed with modern furnishings.HUGE bathroom. The only complaint was no fridge. The kids used the pool it looked really nice. The breakfast was great for free .The staff was more than nice and helpful. Would stay here again in a heart beat. So either they have totally got there act together or they received unfair reviews.

Room Tip: not sure we were in room 312 2 doubles huge bathroom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We checked in and was assigned room 319 went to the room opened the door only to find the bedding and linens all over the floor. Went back down to the Front Desk and was assigned room 123 went to that room only to walk in on a mother and her 2 daughters. Went back to the Front Desk and was finally assigned room 125. We were in room 125 for about 2 minutes when the phone rang and asked if we could look for a Cd the previous guest left, we searched and let the front desk know that it wasn't in the room. About 15 minutes later another phone call about the same CD told them again the CD was not in the room. 15 minutes later a knock at the door about the same CD. Swimming pool, hot tub and ice machines were all out of order. Vending Machines only take coins and the Front Desk does not have change. In the morning we needed fresh towels couldn't get a hold of housekeeping or the front desk and we tried for 3 hours. The rooms are over priced and refrigerators are not standard in the rooms. Was never offered an apology for any inconvenience. Would not recommend this hotel and if there was any other choice I would not have stayed.

• Stayed July 2013
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed here a year ago for our son's swim meet and I thought it was fine. However, this place has really gone downhill since then. It just is not clean...the elevator has the same stuff on the dirty floor that it had when we arrived 3 days ago. The wifi is unreliable. The only thing on the bed is a sheet with a thread count of about 50 and then the bedspread. Gross. It is now 4:00 and our room still has not been cleaned which was the same thing that happened yesterday. I had to call and request housekeeping service! The toilet keeps running and I have to take the back lid of to jiggle it. The breakfast is mediocre at best. If they didn't have the waffle machine, there would be nothing decent to eat. Very disappointed as the rooms are a decent size and could be nice. The electrical outlet behind the bed is very loose and away from the wall. The refrigerator in our room was dirty on the inside too. Will not be back if I can help it!

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Extremely unprofessional staff! As I walked in to check in, 1 employee was on a very personal phone call that was echoing in the lobby(you couldn't see her so I guess she thought we couldn't hear), the other employee was talking to the employee that was checking me in and saying how he couldn't wait to get off work in 12 minutes and what he was going to do when he got "out of this place". The employee checking me in was in short jean shorts and a very interesting top. I was nervous handing over my ID and credit card to her! To top off the staff, I had the do not disturb sign on my door and housekeeping knocked then proceeded to walk in on me while I was in the bathroom; thankfully was closed and brushing me teeth! The entire hotel is dark and dirty. The rooms are updated however they smell damp and of smoke and the bathroom had signs of black mold. The pool was closed during our visit, the guest computers were also not working and the signs were hand written which just shows the lack of professionalism here. The breakfast was lack luster and like the rest of the hotel, dirty. The employee working the area was standing there not cleaning up the spills and crumbs left behind. I've stayed in many of Comfort Inns around the country and they should be ashamed to have this as part of their chain. I paid way too much for my stay and gladly checked in early and went to another hotel in the area for the same price. The management has a lot of work to do. We frequent the Oxford area a lot with sporting events and will be steering clear of this hotel and will certainly spread the word of caution around our very large team. Beware.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay if you would like a clean and quiet place to rest.
Edgewood, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently with my daughter. Overall, it's dated. Old style window unit ac that clunks. My sheets had holes in them and the blanket and comforter were seventies style gross. My biggest issue was when I saw the holes in the sheets I went to the desk the first thing the next morning and requested an "upgrade" on the sheets. So we were gone about four hours come back. Room not cleaned. Was never cleaned the first day. Second day. Asked the front desk AGAIN if my room could be cleaned first thing as I left it at 7 am Came back at noon. STILL NOT CLEAN. the head of housekeeping did finally come and personally clean my room and was extremely kind. Just seemed to take a lot to get new sheets. My daughter and I almost bought new ones at Walmart. We did buy pillows as the ones provides are small rectangles, like decorator size.

The water pressure is about the equivalent of a watering can and takes about ten minutes to heat up. The elevators did not work 75% of the time we were there. Wall plugs are scarce.

I understand this is a college town. Hotel gets a lot of wear. But basics are overlooked. One of my keys didn't work. Things like that. Again all this could be ok if I paid say $69 for the room. I paid $169 per night for this luxury. It was a total money gauge cause there was a large event in town.

• Stayed March 2013
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Comfortable bed with lots of pillows, the room was really clean. Breakfast was really good, actually better than most other hotels. Nice TVs and good sized bathrooms. Staff was really friendly and helpful. I was staying here because of work but I would stay here anytime.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jessica S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Oxford, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Seth, I would like to take a moment to thank you for your kind words. The Comfort Inn in Oxford strives to make every part of your stay amazing. From checking into your room to breakfast the next day! I hope that during your stay you were able to utilize some of our great features such as the indoor swimming pool and hot tub!
We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Oxford.

Been to Comfort Inn Oxford? Share your experiences!