“Overpriced, but very convenient location” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Oxford
Wailea, Hawaii
“Overpriced, but very convenient location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We used to stay here when it was a Hampton Inn, as the location, close to Miami University is very convenient when we visit our son. The hotel continues to decline in quality. The prices are outrageous, but with such limited options in Oxford, they know they can charge what they want. Unfortunately, the rooms are just not nice. My bathroom was filthy, the floor was sticky, the toilet stained, and the tub stained and with hair from the previous guest. The towels were thin, scratchy, and frayed. The bed was OK, with the Hampton Inn duvets still in use. The breakfast was free, and you get what you pay for. At breakfast the first morning, I asked the surly woman attendant if they had ice water available. She told me to go the water fountain next to the bathroom if I wanted water! How's that for service!

Room Tip: Avoid the noisy ground floor
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Avon Lake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Hotel was clean and neat. Staff were helpful and friendly. My room was clean and all the furnishings seemed nearly new. This was my first stay at a Comfort Inn. Every bit as nice as a
Hampton Inn. Will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Southern Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I can imagine that staying at this hotel when there is a Miami University home game would be less than peaceful but the night we were there, tranquility reigned supreme. The room (a king suite so as to have a fridge) was very spacious, the bed comfortable and the bathroom (shower only) bright and cheerful. If you stay here, be sure and note the decorating; there is a blend of colors and fabrics and prints throughout the hotel that, were I to describe them in detail, would make you think the decorator was on drugs but oh, it all works so attractively.

There were no photos to be found of the pool and hot tub so I was somewhat fearful that they were not so great but in fact, they were very nice. The pool goes to 5' deep and is "refreshing" (that's the word one uses for "unheated"). The hot tub is small but the jets work well and the water was hot. There is a patio outside the pool area where I could see chairs, tables and a small grill.

Breakfast was the usual Choice Hotel happy meal, with TWO kinds of waffles; plain and blueberry! Biscuits and gravy were served and my husband, the gravy expert, said it was very good.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Everything looked very clean and well-kept. We had a small problem with a lack of hot water which was speedily dealt with and our room rate discounted because of it - what more could one ask?

Oxford is a fascinating place, within 25 miles of Cincinnati. We were aiming to visit IKEA and Jungle Jim's and you can get to both places from there on scenic roads without having to go on either 275 or 75. We will go there again to explore the town and we will definitely stay at the same hotel.

Room Tip: I think that only the king suites have refrigerators if that is important to you.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

The hotel had a clean lobby and the continental breakfast was what you expect. The room was spacious and adequate for our trip. The real issue with the Comfort Inn was a $250 charge on our credit card five days after we checked out. When I called the hotel they advised it was a smoking fee. I was a bit shocked since I have never smoked and was in town to complete in a traithlon with my wife. We stayed with our seven year old daughter and mother in law who has asthma. When I tried to dispute the claim he advised that there is removing the charge. He did not have any physical proof but stated he was advsied it smelled like smoke. I continued to argue with him and asked they send a representative to our house to check every square inch of our house and vehicle for any hint of smoke smell. He refused my request. I have no idea how to fight a charge where there is no evidence you can dispute. I have no recourse other than dispute the charge and contact Comfort Inn Corporate office. Do not let this happen to you. Stay as far away from this hotel as possible...

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
hamilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn while we were in Oxford visiting the campus. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and breakfast was great (bacon & eggs!). Normal checkout time was eleven but they let us stay til noon at no charge. Will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

This hotel was a great price. There was an amazing king bed and a queen sofa bed. I slept on the king with my teenager and I have never slept better. The pool was wonderful and open until midnight. The breakfast was typical. There was high speed internet and a refrigerator in the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I felt like I was at a luxury hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn (formerly Hampton Inn) in Oxford Ohio many times for college events. Since they have been purchased by current owners and changed brands they are not customer friendly. The place is slowly going down, more dirty and less care to the details. The worst problem is that they have instituted a 14 day cancellation policy and provide NO EXCEPTIONS if you try to cancel after the deadline. I find a 2 week cancellation policy to be unacceptable in a market where things can change. What they are doing is double selling rooms when you miss the deadline and cannot make your visit. They are NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY and most staff are now rude and curt with guests. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Oxford? Share your experiences!