“Poor Quality” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Norwalk
Mayfield Hts, United States
“Poor Quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This used to be a decent place in Nov 2012. Stayed here Aug 2013, and its terrible. Torn curtains so you can see outside (no way to get them to close because the drape rod is broken too). Switched to another room with nice drapes and valance to have privacy but the door did not have a safety lock nor did the Air Conditioner work!
Was told that the owner left, and that they were waiting until Winter to become a franchise. They didn't plan on fixing anything since they would have to re-do everything like the franchise would want them to again in winter. They even made me pay for my room! Honestly would have been better off sleeping in the car! Not to mention that there was a horrible smell in the hallways. The staff was friendly but sorry to say this hotel is a dump. I will never stay here again. AAA - better think twice about how many stars they give because I wouldn't give them ONE!

Room Tip: Don't choose any here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at All American Inn & Suites Norwalk, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback and comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm happy that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful; however, I'm saddened to learn that we weren't able to meet (or exceed) all of your expectations.

It is true that we just took over the management of this property a couple of months ago. It is also true that we have some pretty great plans to update and renovate this property. I hope that you'll consider your most recent visit with us as isolated and come back and stay with us again in the future. I think you will be pleasantly surprised the next time you choose to stay with us. Until then, travel safely!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Dog hair on the bed sheets, nasty blood spot (or other) also on the sheets, stains on the bathroom walls, dirty carpets, musty smell in the lobby, uncomfortable beds, dust caked on the air vent .... This place should not be listed as 2.5 stars, like Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn ... Why didn't I read the previous reviewer's critique before booking??? We showed up at 11:30 and by then I was too tired to move my family to another place. The only redeeming quality was the nice employee at the front desk, who apologized for the dog hair and got me a new room sans dog hair. I can't believe they allow pets!! Gross

• Stayed July 2013
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at All American Inn & Suites Norwalk, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. Although certainly not what we'd like to hear, we appreciate your comments as they help us focus our efforts on what means the most to our customers.

Also, please realize that we just recently (within the last month) took ownership of this hotel so many of the policies, procedures, and staffing are in the process of being updated and changed. We hope you'll treat this as an isolated incident and visit us again in the future. I KNOW you'll be pleasantly surprised with all that we have planned for this property!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I want say thank you to the employees for being so polite and helpful.I especially want to thank the young lady of color i think her name was Dakita,she was so polite from the time she made my reservation till the day we checked out.We stayed 4 night's and 5 days after traveling 9hrs from tennessee .The pool was a good size,the hot tub needs a little attention ,and the pool water also ,my debit card was overcharged but the breakfast was good and the bed slept great.I would stay there again because a employee went out if her way to get me a microwave and even houskeeping was very pleasant.Thanks for being so polite to this southern girl.See ya next year,patricia dixon.

• Stayed July 2013
We're SO happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff was friendly and helpful to you. Our strong commitment to outstanding customer service is the hallmark of our successful small business.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we can't wait to serve you again on a future visit!
Andover, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Although the hotel needs updating (curtains a little ripped, carpet older), it was clean and comfortable. AC, shower, jacuzzi worked well and were clean. Bed was very comfortable and the place was quiet, so we had a great night's sleep. The pool needed vacuuming, but was otherwise clean and refreshing, with plenty of towels available. The immediate area has services and restaurants, so that was convenient. This was a stop-over for us on the way to a wedding, and worked very well. Good value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at All American Inn & Suites Norwalk, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. As you may know, this property has recently been taken over by new owners and many (if not all) of the issues you raised in your review will be taken care of in very short order. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and really appreciate your business. We hope to be able to serve your lodging needs again very soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Terrible experience from the time I checked in until I checked out. Common area we used to access our room smelled disgusting. Room was pretty nasty, most notably the bathroom and the hotel charged my card debit card 8 times the amount due for my entire stay preventing me from accessing much needed funds during my business trip. Front desk explanation for the overcharging of my card was "that happens all the time here". Unacceptable and the "Manager" will not return any messages or phone calls.

Never again!

Room Tip: The only other hotel in that town is managed by the same person, stay away!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at All American Inn & Suites Norwalk, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
i am terribly sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced during your recent stay at our hotel. We just took ownership of this hotel less than a week ago and have identified the smell issue and are working to resolve it (as well as cleaning up the property in general). I also believe that the transfer of ownership is what has been causing the credit/debit card issues that we've been hearing about. I have spoken to the General Manager of this property and she has assured me that each an every person affected by this credit/debit card issue will be spoken with and the issues resolved to the best of our ability and to the customers' satisfaction.

Please know that we are working to resolve A LOT of issues that we inherited when purchasing this property and that these issues are NOT, at all, acceptable to us either. Thank you for you for bringing this to our attention and your continued patience as we work through these issues.

Been to All American Inn & Suites Norwalk? Share your experiences!