“Great hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2426 Oregon Rd., Northwood, OH 43619   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Northwood
“Great hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel. The staff and management are very great. They are definitely dedicated to keeping their guest happy and comfortable. My room was always clean daily with fresh linens. I must also mention that they have great rates too. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
Sean V, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Northwood, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Hello mindyf1999,

We look forward to you staying with us again! I am pleased that you were satisfied and comfortable. We try hard to make sure you have what you need for a good stay. We will continue to work hard for you.....

Take Care,

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had a 5 day reservation for a non-smoking room with a kitchenette. They charged my credit card for the full 5 day stay. The room given us was a smoking room that reeked with no kitchenette. I returned to the front desk and asked for a non-smoking room. They explained that they were full, but would give me a Jacuzzi room for the same price. Only half the lights in the room worked, only one jet of the Jacuzzi worked, the TV was an old tube style with no connection for my laptop to stream movies. Furniture was broken, mismatch plumbing fixtures, a sink knob that turned the opposite direction, a microwave that could not be plugged in, and a general grime to the room. I woke up with a sore back from the bed to eat one of the most mediocre breakfast offerings that was described online as a deluxe breakfast. I checked out that morning and was told by the clerk that she would need to wait for the manager to issue the credit to my account. Long story short, after 8 days and many commutations with the hotel (corporate customer service was great), I was give a refund for the nights I did not stay in the hotel. The hotel General Manager sent me one of most insincere letter of apologies I have ever read. Hotel does not honor reservations, is run down, is misleading in description of hotel and amities, and has management policies and attitude that are negative. I will not stay at this chain of hotels again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi JefE,

Thank you for your comments. We do honor reservations. I apologize that the type of room you wanted was sold out. This was an unusual occurrence. Your Credit Card was charged properly for all 5 days because you received the weekly rate which is 1/2 price. Our Jacuzzi's are sold out on a regular basis, Guests enjoy them. Thanks again for your comments.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I recomend that this is a good location nice clean and good prices and cheap resturants around has a bar attached to the hotel casino near by and a shutter bus to transport u to and back from the casino fridge and microwave,iron,hairdryer,coffie and condaments to go with coffie in your room free complimentry breakfeast in the morning from 6 to 9 outdoor pool and exercise room.

• Stayed May 2013
Hi Katricse,

Thank you for the nice review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We try hard to make sure you are comfortable. The restaurant and bar have great food and prices. Sounds like you had a great getaway with the Casino so close. Come back and visit us soon!

Warm Regards,

akron
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Gross is the only way to express my opinion for this hotel. We were put in a room that smelled so bad, I had a headache. They did put us in another room, which was much nicer, but still not very clean. The first room did not have a microwave. When they brought us one, it was filthy and not much could be said about the guy who brought it. We wanted to use their computer, but it wasn't working. The power went out the next morning. The "Continental Breakfast" consisted of bagels, toast, English muffins, donuts, cheerios, watered down orange juice and coffee. No hot food, unless you wanted to pay for it. The first room we had, the hallways smelled like pot. I will not stay at this hotel again. There was one particular gentleman at the counter that was very nice. If it hadn't been for him, it would have slept in my car.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor smell terrible and the hallway smells like pot
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello soberlin,

I am glad your second room was nice. We appreciate your comments and take all our Guests comments seriously. It helps us to improve and our goal is to make our Guests comfortable. We do have a Continental Breakfast. If you wanted a hot breakfast it is very reasonable. Our staff is trained in hospitality and I am pleased to know they made you happy!

Good Wishes,

Delaware City, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nites April 5 & 6 2013 . The door locks leading to the outside parking lot were protected with card locks ALL of the time because they were broke and no one at the front desk cared.The Ice machine was in total disaray with parts all over the place obviously wrecked. The Bistro /restaurant was a hang out for people that I did not want to hang out with. The only thing this place has going for it is cheap rooms that are ok.I would rate this place as one star above the dump.As far as safety it is pretty iffy.

Room Tip: Get a room clos to main entrance
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sean V, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Northwood, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We are sorry to hear you did not feel our hotel was safe. Our key locks to the exterior doors do work. Ice machines do need repair from time to time. We are located in a small town and it is safe. We do not have any major problems at the Hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We take your comments seriously so we can work on improving our Hotel.

Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband travels for work and we stayed here several weeks. The rooms are furnished with pieces probably salvaged from other motels updating, but are not horrible or too dated. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are pretty clean and housekeeping comes by daily (and are all very pleasant people.) Excellent water pressure. Can get noisy on the weekends if there are a lot of guests. There is a restaurant/lounge attached and the food is decent. The workout room has an elliptical and an exercise bike and an incomplete total gym piece. We were there in the winter, so I can't comment on the outdoor pool. There is guest laundry (a very old washer and dryer, but they do work.) Not much around the area but a couple of gas stations (one with a Subway) and an Arby's down the road. It is right off 75 and provides shuttle service to the casino (although we never used it, so I can't comment on the reliability.) Management is fairly helpful, but could put in a little more effort and really make the place great. Overall a decent place to stay for the price.

• Stayed March 2013
Sean V, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Northwood, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello hlclark,

So glad you and your husband enjoyed your extended stay with us. We do our best to make sure you are comfortable. We appreciate your review and hope to see you soon......

Many Thanks,

Randolph, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

4 of us went to Toledo from the Kent, OH area to attend a concert downtown, but wanted to stay at a hotel near the new casino (Hollywood Casino Toledo) and the Ohio Turnpike, so as it turned out the location of this hotel (less than a 1 mile from casino and less than 4 miles from downtown) was perfect (and they had a shuttle running back and forth to the casino 24/7)... very good experience at the right price... good deal....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear mherchek,

I am glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We do offer the Shuttle to the Casino and it was great that you were able to use it. Sounds like you had a fantastic getaway! We look forward to seeing you soon........

Best of Wishes

GM

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Northwood? Share your experiences!